Conquer Club

Conquer Club Map Rank GL

Archival storage to keep things organized and uncluttered. Can't find what you need? Search for old topics here.

Moderator: Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: NEW: Conquer Club Map Rank GL

Postby chipv on Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:59 pm

Optimus Prime wrote:
chipv wrote:Hi, OP, try uninstalling associated preferences and let me know if the problem still persists please.

Tried that a couple times today, still having the same problem.

It could be a slow connection. I ran you a few times and came up with the right results, although I noticed a problem with ratings.
There are a few checks for some of the medals (ratings and contribution) that come in asynchronously which is a bit lazy of me, meaning that sometimes with a slow connection you may miss the results of these.

Crossmaps is a bit weird, though, not sure about that one, does this still happen after uninstalling associated preferences?
Lieutenant chipv

Postby sailorseal on Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:04 pm

chipv wrote:
Optimus Prime wrote:
chipv wrote:Hi, OP, try uninstalling associated preferences and let me know if the problem still persists please.

It could be a slow connection. I ran you a few times and came up with the right results, although I noticed a problem with ratings.
There are a few checks for some of the medals (ratings and contribution) that come in asynchronously which is a bit lazy of me, meaning that sometimes with a slow connection you may miss the results of these.

Crossmaps is a bit weird, though, not sure about that one, does this still happen after uninstalling associated preferences?

I have noticed that if I don't allow it to load before switching tabs it acts weird
Cook sailorseal

Postby Optimus Prime on Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:14 pm

chipv wrote:
Optimus Prime wrote:

Now it appears that I am consistently getting 6 as the number remaining for my cross-maps. I could have sworn I was closer than that, but perhaps not.
Cadet Optimus Prime

Postby chipv on Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:36 pm

Yes I see 6 also for you. Let me know if the problem persists - see if it really is down to connection speed and then I'll have to move some code around.
Lieutenant chipv

Postby Optimus Prime on Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:53 pm

Well, I know that when I moved a few weeks ago I was going from a super fast cable internet connection to now being on a campus network which is much slower. I don't think I had any problems before the move, but I can't be entirely sure. My connection is slower nowadays, but that's about as detailed as I can be for you I think.
Cadet Optimus Prime

Postby chipv on Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:57 pm

Ok, well the fix is in the pipeline anyway.

If you see the crossmaps number vary, I guess you could go to the browse maps page, observe which maps vary and do
a single Map Rank or even manual count on each to be sure. This discrepancy isn't normally due to connection speed but most often
a mismatch in the persistent data between versions which is usually remedied with uninstalling associated preferences.
Lieutenant chipv

Postby astronautg117 on Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:14 am

Someone might've mentioned this but I'm not sure, I didnt read all of the thread. The Maps need to be updated according to what is out now. You probably do regular updates but I just noticed and update is due. Thanks for the awesome script!
Cadet astronautg117

Postby chipv on Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:47 am

astronautg117 wrote:Someone might've mentioned this but I'm not sure, I didnt read all of the thread. The Maps need to be updated according to what is out now. You probably do regular updates but I just noticed and update is due. Thanks for the awesome script!

Your saved data has old map data - for example Centerscape.
Clear the old saved data and Map Rank will do a fresh scan and then you'll see the right maps so uninstall associated preferences and reinstall.
A fresh scan will automatically pick up new maps.
Lieutenant chipv

Postby jackin_u_up on Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:40 pm

Wasn't there another version of this that let you map rank from someones profile page....i can't seem to find it now
Sergeant 1st Class jackin_u_up

Postby chipv on Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:54 pm

jackin_u_up wrote:Wasn't there another version of this that let you map rank from someones profile page....i can't seem to find it now

No this one does that. There are 2 buttons on the profile just above the contact details.
Left button is Map Rank player.
Right button is Map Rank player vs. you.
Lieutenant chipv

Postby Timminz on Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:57 pm

chipv wrote:
jackin_u_up wrote:Wasn't there another version of this that let you map rank from someones profile page....i can't seem to find it now

No this one does that. There are 2 buttons on the profile just above the contact details.
Left button is Map Rank player.
Right button is Map Rank player vs. you.

I don't have those either.
Captain Timminz

Postby chipv on Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:19 pm

On anybody's profile? On your profile there should only be one button.

If it is everybody's profile then see if there is an error in the Error console please.
Lieutenant chipv

Postby Timminz on Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:25 pm

chipv wrote:On anybody's profile?

Yes. I see no map rank buttons on any profiles.
Captain Timminz

Postby chipv on Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:42 pm

Timminz wrote:
chipv wrote:On anybody's profile?

Yes. I see no map rank buttons on any profiles.

What about mine?

I just wonder if this is something to do with the new profile fields (gender etc).

I have a feeling you will be able to see mine, but let me know please.
Lieutenant chipv

Postby chipv on Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:43 pm

Can't be that I can see yours as well, Can you guys uninstall and try again please.
Lieutenant chipv

Postby jackin_u_up on Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:20 am

It worked...my buttons are back .thanks 1,000,000 :D
Sergeant 1st Class jackin_u_up

Postby BaldAdonis on Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:15 am

Does Map Rank respect game labels? I've tried searching specific games, within a tournament, by their label, but it always returns everything from the tournament.

Also, could the plugin be modified to include a search by dates? Suppose I wanted to know how well I'd done in two player games in the last month. Similar to the extra fields you can search by for specific players/excluding players. I could solve the previous problem by just using dates, if that's any easier.
Captain BaldAdonis

Postby chipv on Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:37 am

BaldAdonis wrote:Does Map Rank respect game labels? I've tried searching specific games, within a tournament, by their label, but it always returns everything from the tournament.

No. I had trouble with this when I attempted it a long while ago - some problem with the way they were done by the site, can't remember.

Also, could the plugin be modified to include a search by dates? Suppose I wanted to know how well I'd done in two player games in the last month. Similar to the extra fields you can search by for specific players/excluding players. I could solve the previous problem by just using dates, if that's any easier.

You could use the chart.

(btw Charts are due a rewrite as it appears to overload the browser for large numbers.)
Lieutenant chipv

Map rank

Postby Green88 on Sun May 03, 2009 10:53 pm

When I run map rank on myself I get +526 points, yet my total is 1806. Shouldn't I get +806 points? What am I doing wrong?
High score: 1853
Sergeant 1st Class Green88

Re: Map rank

Postby BaldAdonis on Mon May 04, 2009 12:06 am

Check to see if there is a little number superscripted next to your totals and the map names. This is the number of games you've played where the logs were lost, and would account for any point difference.
Captain BaldAdonis

Postby astronautg117 on Mon May 04, 2009 8:36 pm

chipv wrote:
astronautg117 wrote:Someone might've mentioned this but I'm not sure, I didnt read all of the thread. The Maps need to be updated according to what is out now. You probably do regular updates but I just noticed and update is due. Thanks for the awesome script!

Your saved data has old map data - for example Centerscape.
Clear the old saved data and Map Rank will do a fresh scan and then you'll see the right maps so uninstall associated preferences and reinstall.
A fresh scan will automatically pick up new maps.

I uninstalled and reinstalled it and Das Schloss keeps coming up.
Cadet astronautg117

Re: Map rank

Postby Green88 on Mon May 04, 2009 8:44 pm

BaldAdonis wrote:Check to see if there is a little number superscripted next to your totals and the map names. This is the number of games you've played where the logs were lost, and would account for any point difference.

Yes, I guess it's missing 45 games. Thanks.
High score: 1853
Sergeant 1st Class Green88

Postby Timminz on Sat May 09, 2009 11:00 pm

I just got this response from map rank.

Those numbers are definitely not correct.
Captain Timminz

Postby chipv on Sun May 10, 2009 5:35 am

Timminz wrote:I just got this response from map rank.

Those numbers are definitely not correct.

That's a bit weird. I just tried you and the number of games and percentage matched your profile so can you try uninstalling associated preferences please.
Lieutenant chipv

Postby Mr_Adams on Mon May 11, 2009 7:02 pm

never tried this stuff before, but when I try to get grease monkey, I get this page.

http://shell.windows.com/fileassoc/0409/xml/redir.asp?EXT=xpi
Captain Mr_Adams

PreviousNext

Return to Tool Archives