Conquer Club

Conquer Club Map Rank GL

Archival storage to keep things organized and uncluttered. Can't find what you need? Search for old topics here.

Moderator: Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: NEW: Conquer Club Map Rank GL

Postby waiting4oct on Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:24 am

I'm sorry if this has already been brought up earlier in the thread. I skimmed through, but didn't see anything.

I just installed this script and when I click on "Map Rank" all that happens is that I get a blank tab open up. Using Map Rank GL 1.2.2; FF 3.0.10; GM 0.8.200901.23.1.

I"ve tried myself, other people, various maps, from the left panel, from the game finder page and I only get a blank tab. (Other than the icons being fritzed out) All other functions seem to work just fine.
High Tide: MAJ 2401
Recent Milestone: 900 games completed (443 victories [49.2%])
Major waiting4oct

Postby chipv on Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:09 am

It's in another thread:

viewtopic.php?f=59&t=72863&start=0
Captain chipv

Postby waiting4oct on Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:09 am

Thank you, I was able to fix the issue. Fun script!
High Tide: MAJ 2401
Recent Milestone: 900 games completed (443 victories [49.2%])
Major waiting4oct

Postby chipv on Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:06 am

Map Rank Icons appear to have been reinstated for now.
Captain chipv

Postby whitestazn88 on Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:55 pm

just got it. looks pretty cool. but whats the deal w/ the missing logs? why does that happen? how does it get fixed?
Lieutenant whitestazn88

Postby chipv on Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:01 pm

whitestazn88 wrote:just got it. looks pretty cool. but whats the deal w/ the missing logs? why does that happen? how does it get fixed?

Nobody can do anything about that. Some game information was deleted permanently so that data can't be recovered and is marked as missing.
Captain chipv

Postby jpcloet on Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:21 pm

Would it be possible to recreate the API for those games? I have no idea how many games are missing logs.
Sergeant 1st Class jpcloet

Postby Boss_oss_ss on Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:39 pm

jpcloet wrote:Would it be possible to recreate the API for those games? I have no idea how many games are missing logs.

loads, i have atleast 20 missing
Private 1st Class Boss_oss_ss

Postby chipv on Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:57 pm

jpcloet wrote:Would it be possible to recreate the API for those games? I have no idea how many games are missing logs.

I don't think so, we've discussed many times. Some game logs were physically deleted. We also discussed means of reconstructing the missing data but no way was conceived.

There is a prize for the person who can come up with an accurate way to recalculate all the missing log data precisely - we think we have covered all bases but there is always some genius out there who can think out of the box...
Captain chipv

Postby jpcloet on Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:59 pm

I will have a look at a few of my missing log games and see what I see. I have a few thoughts. Do you have a way of getting that log into the database if I was able to come up with something?

Postby chipv on Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:13 pm

jpcloet wrote:I will have a look at a few of my missing log games and see what I see. I have a few thoughts. Do you have a way of getting that log into the database if I was able to come up with something?

I'm sure something can be done if a solution is arrived at, but again, this needs a lot of thought.
Captain chipv

Postby jpcloet on Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:44 pm

Ok, I'll need to understand what is actually needs to be replaced. Are we talking base API data eg <event> etc. I likely don't yet understand what good data looks like and what bad data looks like. It looks like some assumptions will have to be made, although the goal of minimizing them should be obvious. Using that, and information from other games, it would require a significant solver to back out points etc. I like a good puzzle.

Postby chipv on Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:51 pm

jpcloet wrote:Ok, I'll need to understand what is actually needs to be replaced. Are we talking base API data eg <event> etc. I likely don't yet understand what good data looks like and what bad data looks like. It looks like some assumptions will have to be made, although the goal of minimizing them should be obvious. Using that, and information from other games, it would require a significant solver to back out points etc. I like a good puzzle.

Best Of Luck! If you need any info just ask.

The data in question is the game log data which you can see in every game.
This is missing for a lot of games because they are stored separately and were deleted.
It is the only record of point movement - your overall score is a running total.
Unfortunately there is critical information contained within.

For example - points won and lost and exact timestamps of game log events.
It is the timestamps that really screw attempts to reconstruct missing points.
Captain chipv

Postby jpcloet on Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:15 pm

Is there a way to find all the missing logs, and then list the players involved in the games? Starting with the lowest number by players, we might be able to work backwards into the larger problems. I think you and I need another working session. The last one went really well.

Postby chipv on Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:36 pm

jpcloet wrote:Is there a way to find all the missing logs, and then list the players involved in the games? Starting with the lowest number by players, we might be able to work backwards into the larger problems. I think you and I need another working session. The last one went really well.

We can list all players in all missing logs, sure.
We need to cater for terminator games also.

lancehoch did come up with an idea that might actually work but nobody would want to do it because it is basically
a brute force sequence of guesses.

Sure, we can chat about it anytime.
Captain chipv

Postby psychobkrazy on Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:14 pm

My Map Rank GL 1.2.2 won't work with Firefox 3.5
PM me with "Tournament Invite List" in the Subject to get on my Invite List.
Highest Rank: 3070 Image Brigadier - #70 (page 1) - 61% Won - 01/02/2011
The Sigatar Lounge
Sergeant 1st Class psychobkrazy

Postby hwhrhett on Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:57 pm

psychobkrazy wrote:My Map Rank GL 1.2.2 won't work with Firefox 3.5

my maprank also stopped working, is it because of a firefox update? i didnt notice one....
Cook hwhrhett

Postby chipv on Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:07 am

If you want something fixed, let me know what to fix.

"It's not working" doesn't give me a hope in hell.
Captain chipv

Postby sherkaner on Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:12 am

Firebug gives the error below, result is that the script can't access any of the games, which results in 'Scanning...0%' and not increasing..

onreadystatechange FAILS Error: Permission denied for <http://www.conquerclub.com> to create wrapper for object of class UnnamedClass Error: Permission denied for <http://www.conquerclub.com> to create wrapper for object of class UnnamedClass [xpconnect wrapped nsIDOMEventListener]
Colonel sherkaner

Postby chipv on Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:00 am

sherkaner wrote:Firebug gives the error below, result is that the script can't access any of the games, which results in 'Scanning...0%' and not increasing..

onreadystatechange FAILS Error: Permission denied for <http://www.conquerclub.com> to create wrapper for object of class UnnamedClass Error: Permission denied for <http://www.conquerclub.com> to create wrapper for object of class UnnamedClass [xpconnect wrapped nsIDOMEventListener]

This is a blocked cross-site AJAX req. Can you see the dropdown of maps in the left menu under Player?

Map Rank is working fine for me, so you will need to give me your environment please.
Captain chipv

Postby sherkaner on Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:30 am

Firefox 3.5, windows. I don't think anything else influences it (except maybe security, but I have the standard settings).
I've seen and reported something similar in the site's javascript too.
And since this discussion started yesterday, could it have something to do with the moved static files?
Colonel sherkaner

Postby chipv on Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:39 am

sherkaner wrote:Firefox 3.5, windows. I don't think anything else influences it (except maybe security, but I have the standard settings).
I've seen and reported something similar in the site's javascript too.
And since this discussion started yesterday, could it have something to do with the moved static files?

Absolutely. The static files have been moved onto another site so if you are using an AJAX request even with a redirect it immediately becomes cross-site.
You can get around this in Greasemonkey using their custom request function, this will solve single AJAX reqs if this is the problem you are getting.
Captain chipv

Postby hwhrhett on Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:19 pm

chipv wrote:If you want something fixed, let me know what to fix.

"It's not working" doesn't give me a hope in hell.

when i go to use maprank in game finder, with newest version of firefox, and only bob/greasemonkey installed, i hit the button to do a maprank, but it acts like its not doing anything at all.. if i do it from the side-bar it works fine. i can even bookmark a maprank, but cant actually do one from game-finder...
Cook hwhrhett

Postby Incandenza on Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:03 pm

Sorry if this has been mentioned already, but Poison Rome isn't showing up in Map Rank...
THOTA: dingdingdingdingdingdingBOOM

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est
Colonel Incandenza

Postby Big Whiskey on Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:00 pm

It's messed up!Says I only have bronze medal for rating but I have gold+It's not updating any of my kills in term/assassin/speed
General Big Whiskey

PreviousNext

Return to Tool Archives