Conquer Club

Conquer Club Map Rank GL

Archival storage to keep things organized and uncluttered. Can't find what you need? Search for old topics here.

Moderator: Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: NEW: Conquer Club Map Rank GL

Postby BENJIKAT IS DEAD on Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:19 am

chipv wrote:
BENJIKAT IS DEAD wrote:A couple of suggestions:

1) Is it possible to separate out the results of played-with and played-against - the game finder doesn't differentiate at present?

2) Is it possible to be able to filter the results by relative rank? - i.e. be able to set a max of min threshold - so I can see how players (in myself) fair against differently ranked opponents? (maybe something for cspare, but could there be a graph of win% and points vs relative rank?)

3) I understand why you lost the "winning when starting" stats - as they are only of interest to the top 1v1 aficianados - however seeing as you have written that code anyway, is there any chance you can include it as an option somewhere?

1. Yes. I like it.
2. I can do a chart for relative rank like the others?
3. I am trying to get this into the XML, I haven't forgotten.

2. A chart of relative rank over time isn't particularly interesting, what is though, is plotting win% and/or pts gained against the bands of relative rank - this would really help differentiate the farmers who can only win against noobs and those players who have a low relative rank becaue their scores are so high but who can still hold their own against others of their rank.

3. cool - thx
Colonel BENJIKAT IS DEAD

Postby PepperJack on Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:08 pm

Had some ideas for possible feature(s).

1. Under the medals tab, suggested maps are populated for specific settings. Would it possible to have a embed a link in those map names that would execute a search in Game Finder for all public games that fit those settings?

2. In player profiles there is a Map Rank X button. Would it make sense to add a second button that would automatically map rank you and the player whose profile you are on so that your performance vs. them is right there? Of course if this done another button might be interesting as well, one that would map rank them vs. you, showing their performance.

Just spitballing. Keep up the good work.
Game 3960030

Going on deployment, be back someday.

Sorry for deadbeating out of games.
Corporal 1st Class PepperJack

Postby chipv on Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:13 pm

PepperJack wrote:Had some ideas for possible feature(s).

1. Under the medals tab, suggested maps are populated for specific settings. Would it possible to have a embed a link in those map names that would execute a search in Game Finder for all public games that fit those settings?

It already does! Click on the links on the left hand side - they select the maps on the right for the game finder search.

2. In player profiles there is a Map Rank X button. Would it make sense to add a second button that would automatically map rank you and the player whose profile you are on so that your performance vs. them is right there? Of course if this done another button might be interesting as well, one that would map rank them vs. you, showing their performance.

Just spitballing. Keep up the good work.

Hmm, good idea.
Lieutenant chipv

Postby endar1077 on Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:58 pm

I think there is something funny going on with the points chart. It seems that the numbers being graphed are on the scale of points earned (or lost if negative), while the scale of the chart is set to the min and max score. For instance, my chart shows a minimum of 960 and a max of 2500 (or close to those numbers), but all of my most recent data point is shown as 1200, not 2200.

Thanks!
Major endar1077

Postby endar1077 on Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:05 pm

Whoah. Immediately after making my last post, I ran it again and the same scaling error applies, but now my data is all messed up. I think there may have just been logs lost as I typed my last post, because a minute ago it was showing me as a major, and now as a captain. I didn't loose any games in the mean time. Very strange.
Major endar1077

Postby chipv on Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:57 pm

endar1077 wrote:Whoah. Immediately after making my last post, I ran it again and the same scaling error applies, but now my data is all messed up. I think there may have just been logs lost as I typed my last post, because a minute ago it was showing me as a major, and now as a captain. I didn't loose any games in the mean time. Very strange.

Have you tried uninstalling associated preferences?
Lieutenant chipv

Postby Incandenza on Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:04 pm

There is something funny going on that I haven't seen mentioned yet: sometimes my map rank will have a brainfart and double up my classic and middle earth games, so I'll have identical entries for "classic" and "classic shapes", along with identical entries for "middle earth" and "centerscape", or whatever that unholy abortion of a map is called. This of course throws off my totals.

Not a huge deal, but figured I'd bring it to your attention, chip.
THOTA: dingdingdingdingdingdingBOOM

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est
Colonel Incandenza

Postby chipv on Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:07 pm

Incandenza wrote:There is something funny going on that I haven't seen mentioned yet: sometimes my map rank will have a brainfart and double up my classic and middle earth games, so I'll have identical entries for "classic" and "classic shapes", along with identical entries for "middle earth" and "centerscape", or whatever that unholy abortion of a map is called. This of course throws off my totals.

Not a huge deal, but figured I'd bring it to your attention, chip.

Try Uninstalling associated preferences.
Lieutenant chipv

Postby Incandenza on Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:31 pm

Ah, that worked nicely. Thanks, chip.
THOTA: dingdingdingdingdingdingBOOM

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est
Colonel Incandenza

Postby chipv on Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:32 am

1.0.5 available.

Not a huge change but added some text boxes on the game finder:

1. The 2 normal player textboxes select games where player 1 played with player 2
2. The 2 new vs. textboxes select games where player 1 played against vs.1 and vs. 2
3. The 2 new exclude textboxes select games without the specified players.

There is a Map Rank vs. button on everyone's profile which will Map Rank you vs. that player

Tournament names and tournaments in general can now be map ranked from the game finder(fix added).
Lieutenant chipv

Postby Night Strike on Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:55 pm

Whoa, those text boxes really make the Game Finder jumbled and confusing. Any way those could just be added at the bottom so that they are on the same line or something? Or, could you at least force the Exclude box to be on the line below (probably indented).
Major Night Strike

Postby OliverFA on Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:51 pm

Just updated and works fine. Congratulations for the good job!
Private OliverFA

Postby yeti_c on Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:30 am

Night Strike wrote:Whoa, those text boxes really make the Game Finder jumbled and confusing. Any way those could just be added at the bottom so that they are on the same line or something? Or, could you at least force the Exclude box to be on the line below (probably indented).

I disagree - they are in the perfect place for the current screen design.

C>
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby -Maximus- on Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:42 am

Excellent!! works great
If you wrong me I will hunt you down and destroy you.
Major -Maximus-

Postby cspare on Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:24 am

yeti_c wrote:
Night Strike wrote:Whoa, those text boxes really make the Game Finder jumbled and confusing. Any way those could just be added at the bottom so that they are on the same line or something? Or, could you at least force the Exclude box to be on the line below (probably indented).

C>

I think you both run a different screen resolution. e.g. if you view the game finder with a resolution 1024x768 the Exclude textbox is wrapped to the next line.
Sergeant 1st Class cspare

Postby yeti_c on Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:32 am

cspare wrote:
yeti_c wrote:

C>

I think you both run a different screen resolution. e.g. if you view the game finder with a resolution 1024x768 the Exclude textbox is wrapped to the next line.

You make a very valid point...

Chip - perhaps adding a nowrap - or   to the Exclude title might make this better for people in the dark ages!!!

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby White Moose on Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:16 am

Why not put this new feature in the "Option" of Map Rank, so you dont got to have those boxes there all the time?
Highest Score: 3374
Major White Moose

Postby Optimus Prime on Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:24 am

White Moose wrote:Why not put this new feature in the "Option" of Map Rank, so you dont got to have those boxes there all the time?

In agreement with this.
Cadet Optimus Prime

Postby PepperJack on Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:43 pm

Chipv, never thanked you for another nice update so thank you. I did notice a slight oversight with the Game Finder links on the medals page. They link to all games for a given medal and map combo, including private and tournament games with open slots. You may want to switch so that just public games are returned.
Game 3960030

Going on deployment, be back someday.

Sorry for deadbeating out of games.
Corporal 1st Class PepperJack

Postby chipv on Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:15 pm

What about if I just shrink the extra textboxes so they fit?

Thanks, PepperJack, good spot.
Lieutenant chipv

Postby yeti_c on Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:17 am

Maprank seems to be having a couple of problems...

See "Contrib medals" - and ratings...

Also - sometimes it seems to need a second run to actually get it's data correct...

The first run I did today it said 44 Xmap... - run it again - and it comes back with 47?!

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby yeti_c on Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:06 am

FYI - seems to be back to normal now!?

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby chipv on Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:10 pm

yeti_c wrote:FYI - seems to be back to normal now!?

C.

Slow return of the AJAX request (the contributions medals is a separate AJAX req).

Maybe things were slower that day in general.
Lieutenant chipv

Postby Robbie Robb on Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:35 pm

Hi Everyone,

I'm having some weird type of problem with MRGL. Whenever I run it, a new tab opens that's blank and "untitled". Error Console just reports a couple different errors:
Warning: Unknown property 'align'. Declaration dropped.
Source File: about:blank
Line: 1

and

Warning: Error in parsing value for property 'font'. Declaration dropped.
Source File: about:blank
Line: 1

The align error appears MANY MANY times and the font error appears about 12 times.

I read through the thread and saw that disabling colorful tabs seemed to resolve some peoples' errors so to be safe I disabled all my add-ons except for Greasemonkey and Conquer Club Notifier. Running Firefox 3.0.4. I've tried uninstalling MRGL and reinstalling many times. Never had the old Map Rank installed at all. I've also disabled ALL GM scripts except MRGL and still no change. I click on 'Map Rank' after entering my player name and nothing happens except that blank tab opening up - no "scanning" msg or anything.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Major Robbie Robb

Postby Robbie Robb on Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:41 pm

Okay, I think I figured it out. Should have done a bit more digging. I had it set so that javascript pop-ups appear in a new tab instead of allowing them as a separate window. MRGL apparently does NOT like that one bit... :D
Major Robbie Robb

PreviousNext

Return to Tool Archives