Conquer Club

Map Rank Scoreboard Server

Archival storage to keep things organized and uncluttered. Can't find what you need? Search for old topics here.

Moderator: Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Map Rank Scoreboard Server

Postby chipv on Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:20 am

Blitzaholic wrote:dividedbyzero map ranked my sequential games in teams last month and I was 9778 and if you added the 1000 that we start with I was 10778 sequential score, but the sequential singles brought be to 6757 and then if you added the 1000 we start with my score total overall sequential was 7757, now I am just below 4000 score :shock: those darn ass and term medals plus tourneys are killing me :lol: ugh

I guess you'll be wanting a sequential teams scoreboard, then...
Sergeant 1st Class chipv

Postby yeti_c on Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:49 am

chipv wrote:
Blitzaholic wrote:dividedbyzero map ranked my sequential games in teams last month and I was 9778 and if you added the 1000 that we start with I was 10778 sequential score, but the sequential singles brought be to 6757 and then if you added the 1000 we start with my score total overall sequential was 7757, now I am just below 4000 score :shock: those darn ass and term medals plus tourneys are killing me :lol: ugh

Game Types would definitely be cool - With the ability to split by Seq/Free...

I guess you're going to end up with the Map Finder screen options to make it easier to get your scores.

What would be cool - is if you could load a scoreboard on this server - then say - update mine/X - and that ran a MapRank on those settings over here at CC?!

C.
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby chipv on Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:53 am

yeti_c wrote:
chipv wrote:

Game Types would definitely be cool - With the ability to split by Seq/Free...

I guess you're going to end up with the Map Finder screen options to make it easier to get your scores.

What would be cool - is if you could load a scoreboard on this server - then say - update mine/X - and that ran a MapRank on those settings over here at CC?!

C.

Yep. That's the plan. I want to add scoreboards that people are both interested in and interested in keeping updated. Don't really want to waste memory on a scoreboard that has only a few entries so I will ask people which ones they are most interested in.

Yes having Map Rank run on this page is tantamount to making Map Rank available to all browser users and requires a lot of work (recoding in PHP would be best)... but is of course a fantastic idea.
Sergeant 1st Class chipv

Postby yeti_c on Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:57 am

chipv wrote:Yes having Map Rank run on this page is tantamount to making Map Rank available to all browser users and requires a lot of work (recoding in PHP would be best)... but is of course a fantastic idea.

Possibly - or could you not make the Map Rank script available to this webpage (in the "allowed pages")?

I'm assuming all of your addresses are static and not referential so should work?

GM might not like the cross-server communications though!?

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby chipv on Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:22 am

yeti_c wrote:
chipv wrote:Yes having Map Rank run on this page is tantamount to making Map Rank available to all browser users and requires a lot of work (recoding in PHP would be best)... but is of course a fantastic idea.

Possibly - or could you not make the Map Rank script available to this webpage (in the "allowed pages")?

I'm assuming all of your addresses are static and not referential so should work?

GM might not like the cross-server communications though!?

C.

Still needs work and I would then need to keep both pages in mind when doing updates.
It's also a little more obvious what is happening if I have an update button on the same page.
Sergeant 1st Class chipv

Postby Blitzaholic on Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:19 am

yes a sequential scoreboard would be gr8 chipv
General Blitzaholic

Postby chipv on Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:54 am

Scoreboards will be opened as soon as I get a clear idea from the poll. At the moment not enough people have voted to really tell me which scoreboards are going to take up useful data storage. (It would take me less than a minute to add scoreboards so get voting...)

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=80812&start=0
Sergeant 1st Class chipv

Postby chipv on Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:04 pm

6 new scoreboards added. Also you can search each scoreboard for a particular player.

If you don't see someone there or want to update your scores, all you have to do is run Map Rank.
Running Map Rank will automatically update the scoreboard on the Map Rank Scoreboard Server.
You can add anyone to the scoreboards not just yourself!

You need Map Rank GL version 1.2.0 or later to add people or update scores

Adding To/Updating Scoreboards:

Overall Scoreboard
Just Map Rank player will do.

Sequential Scoreboard
On Game Finder Map Rank player + Sequential only.

Freestyle Scoreboard
On Game Finder Map Rank player + Freestyle only.

Singles Scoreboard
On Game Finder Map Rank player + Standard + Terminator + Assassin.

Singles Sequential Scoreboard
On Game Finder Map Rank player + Standard + Terminator + Assassin + Sequential.

Singles Freestyle Scoreboard
On Game Finder Map Rank player + Standard + Terminator + Assassin + Freestyle.

Teams Scoreboard
On Game Finder Map Rank player + Doubles + Triples + Quadruples.

Teams Sequential Scoreboard
On Game Finder Map Rank player + Doubles + Triples + Quadruples + Sequential.

Teams Freestyle Scoreboard
On Game Finder Map Rank player + Doubles + Triples + Quadruples + Freestyle.
Sergeant 1st Class chipv

Postby yeti_c on Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:25 pm

Add a Link from MapRank to the server page...

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby pimphawks70 on Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:55 pm

If you click on the link it does not work (at least on my computer)
Brigadier pimphawks70

Postby chipv on Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:02 pm

pimphawks70 wrote:If you click on the link it does not work (at least on my computer)

Server problems, hopefully should be back up in an hour or so, sorry.
Sergeant 1st Class chipv

Postby chipv on Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:38 pm

Ok, it's back up!

Apologies. You can start Map Ranking again...
Sergeant 1st Class chipv

Postby Fruitcake on Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:40 pm

chipv wrote:Ok, it's back up!

Am I glad you don't come from the east end.

Due to current economic conditions the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off
Colonel Fruitcake

Postby chipv on Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:45 pm

Fruitcake wrote:
chipv wrote:Ok, it's back up!

Am I glad you don't come from the east end.

I give Outer-Englanders zero chance of deciphering that. Lucky for me I'm from your neck of the woods.
Sergeant 1st Class chipv

Postby chipv on Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:22 pm

Sorry, there were more problems on the server - appears to have been fixed now, so please try again.
Sergeant 1st Class chipv

Postby AAFitz on Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:03 am

This is awesome chip...

I posted the top ten in general discussion, which should get everyone using the map rank and updating the scoreboard

its interesting to see where people get their points

I cant wait to see the spoils scoreboards, because thats where you will get some interesting results I think...especially on flat rate...

I expect there are some flat rate sleeper players out there, that no one would suspect have won a ton of points on those
I'm Spanking Monkey now....err...I mean I'm a Spanking Monkey now...that shoots milk
Too much. I know.
Sergeant 1st Class AAFitz

Postby chipv on Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:19 pm

AAFitz wrote:This is awesome chip...

I posted the top ten in general discussion, which should get everyone using the map rank and updating the scoreboard

its interesting to see where people get their points

I cant wait to see the spoils scoreboards, because thats where you will get some interesting results I think...especially on flat rate...

I expect there are some flat rate sleeper players out there, that no one would suspect have won a ton of points on those

Thanks, spoils is ready to go, just waiting for the other scoreboards to fill up first, then I'll open up a load more.
Sergeant 1st Class chipv

Postby AAFitz on Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:19 am

chipv wrote:Thanks, spoils is ready to go, just waiting for the other scoreboards to fill up first, then I'll open up a load more.

Are you kidding, dont wait... since the numbers get loaded by map rank, it will save a ton of time if they all get downloaded at once... once you have the name in there, you just change the settings.. but if you wait, you have to start all over

I love those things...if its not too much work, get them all going... :D :D

The more lists you have, the more different people you will have on them, and them more likely people will be to use the map rank... right now, I dont think many know about this... I myself have typed in at least 40 or 50 people into at least one category or another
I'm Spanking Monkey now....err...I mean I'm a Spanking Monkey now...that shoots milk
Too much. I know.

Postby chipv on Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:27 am

AAFitz wrote:
chipv wrote:Thanks, spoils is ready to go, just waiting for the other scoreboards to fill up first, then I'll open up a load more.

Are you kidding, dont wait... since the numbers get loaded by map rank, it will save a ton of time if they all get downloaded at once... once you have the name in there, you just change the settings.. but if you wait, you have to start all over

I love those things...if its not too much work, get them all going... :D :D

The more lists you have, the more different people you will have on them, and them more likely people will be to use the map rank... right now, I dont think many know about this... I myself have typed in at least 40 or 50 people into at least one category or another

I have practically finished the code to do a Map Rank All Scoreboards at the same time but for CC related pages, I am digging my heels in and using free servers (so no money). The one I am using has a restriction which prevents me from getting the code to work unfortunately so I'm looking around. I have one person to ask on CC about this so stay tuned.
Sergeant 1st Class chipv

Postby AAFitz on Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:55 am

chipv wrote:I have practically finished the code to do a Map Rank All Scoreboards at the same time but for CC related pages, I am digging my heels in and using free servers (so no money). The one I am using has a restriction which prevents me from getting the code to work unfortunately so I'm looking around. I have one person to ask on CC about this so stay tuned.

well dont take this as me pushing you... what youve done so far is just great so anything after that is a bonus... Im more posting to let you know its appreciated and wanted... :D
Too much. I know.

Postby chipv on Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:06 am

AAFitz wrote:
chipv wrote:I have practically finished the code to do a Map Rank All Scoreboards at the same time but for CC related pages, I am digging my heels in and using free servers (so no money). The one I am using has a restriction which prevents me from getting the code to work unfortunately so I'm looking around. I have one person to ask on CC about this so stay tuned.

well dont take this as me pushing you... what youve done so far is just great so anything after that is a bonus... Im more posting to let you know its appreciated and wanted... :D

Things is that if I add spoils we go from 9 scoreboards to 36 which is starting to get ridiculous.
I was kinda thinking of removing unused scoreboards if they don't get updated, something like that.
Sergeant 1st Class chipv

Postby AAFitz on Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:12 am

chipv wrote:
AAFitz wrote:

Things is that if I add spoils we go from 9 scoreboards to 36 which is starting to get ridiculous.
I was kinda thinking of removing unused scoreboards if they don't get updated, something like that.

well theres no way for me to predict how much they will be used...but the lists tend to get updated quite a bit, so I expect you will see quite a bit of turnout...

especially if the data goes to the top ten lists that I posted already to get map rank working

I myself am very interested to see where people get their points...which is why I made that thread after seeing your board...but its impossible for me to update the thing much more than I have...

I do know what you are saying of course...its a lot of info...and certainly all of it wont be useful...I suppose waiting to see how popular it gets first is the way to go...
Too much. I know.

Postby chipv on Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:22 am

AAFitz wrote:
chipv wrote:
AAFitz wrote:

well theres no way for me to predict how much they will be used...but the lists tend to get updated quite a bit, so I expect you will see quite a bit of turnout...

especially if the data goes to the top ten lists that I posted already to get map rank working

I myself am very interested to see where people get their points...which is why I made that thread after seeing your board...but its impossible for me to update the thing much more than I have...

I do know what you are saying of course...its a lot of info...and certainly all of it wont be useful...I suppose waiting to see how popular it gets first is the way to go...

Talk about persistent. Ok I will add them this evening. Can't do it from where I am.
Sergeant 1st Class chipv

Postby AAFitz on Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:27 am

chipv wrote:Talk about persistent. Ok I will add them this evening. Can't do it from where I am.

I just want you to know your efforts are appreciated. :D

But in all seriousness...just do what you can obviously. Its all a bonus to us.
Too much. I know.

Postby chipv on Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:31 am

AAFitz wrote:
chipv wrote:Talk about persistent. Ok I will add them this evening. Can't do it from where I am.

I just want you to know your efforts are appreciated. :D

But in all seriousness...just do what you can obviously. Its all a bonus to us.

Yeah, I know , but I guess I'm trying to get the point across that it's worth me getting Map Rank all working before asking
people to do dozens and dozens of map ranks.
Sergeant 1st Class chipv

PreviousNext

Return to Tool Archives