Conquer Club

ConquerTell Notifier (Firefox Extension) (OLD VERSION)

Archival storage to keep things organized and uncluttered. Can't find what you need? Search for old topics here.

Moderator: Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: ConquerTell Notifier (Firefox Extension)

Postby Aragonlar on Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:53 pm

FM Harper wrote:ConquerTell 1.1.9 is not compatible with Firefox 3.0.8

Is there a new one I don't have or are you working on it?

I have the same problem here. Firefox 3.0.8 won't even install the add-on because of being not compatible.

Maybe because I use a different language-pack? (Dutch)

8-[
Corporal 1st Class Aragonlar

Postby jonducrou on Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:19 pm

It's cleared for FF3.5 - so i dunno why it's not working for you
Private jonducrou

Postby FM Harper on Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:17 pm

yowzer14 wrote:

Appears to be working just fine on my 3.0.8.

Nope, I have checked and checked again. I don't doubt it may be working on your machine but I am certain it is not working on mine and what I wrote "ConquerTell 1.1.9 is not compatible with Firefox 3.0.8" is precisely what firefox told me in Tools > Addons.
Cadet FM Harper

Postby yowzer14 on Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:11 am

FM Harper wrote:
yowzer14 wrote:

Appears to be working just fine on my 3.0.8.

Nope, I have checked and checked again. I don't doubt it may be working on your machine but I am certain it is not working on mine and what I wrote "ConquerTell 1.1.9 is not compatible with Firefox 3.0.8" is precisely what firefox told me in Tools > Addons.

Here's the full version info (from <H>elp <A>bout from my version), how does it compare to your's?
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.8) Gecko/2009032609 Firefox/3.0.8
Private 1st Class yowzer14

Postby lancehoch on Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:25 am

yowzer14 wrote:Here's the full version info (from <H>elp <A>bout from my version), how does it compare to your's?
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.8) Gecko/2009032609 Firefox/3.0.8

That is the latest version of Firefox.
Sergeant lancehoch

Postby FM Harper on Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:15 pm

yowzer14 wrote:Here's the full version info (from <H>elp <A>bout from my version), how does it compare to your's?

Exactly what mine says too.

Ok, so I have deleted it and re-installed it and so far it seems to be working fine, I wonder what in the firefox installation caused it to stop working?

FM
Cadet FM Harper

Postby yowzer14 on Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:51 pm

FM Harper wrote:

Exactly what mine says too.

Ok, so I have deleted it and re-installed it and so far it seems to be working fine, I wonder what in the firefox installation caused it to stop working?

FM

Not sure, but so long as you've managed to get that puppy working again....good stuff.
Private 1st Class yowzer14

Postby Aragonlar on Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:27 am

FM Harper wrote:
yowzer14 wrote:Ok, so I have deleted it and re-installed it and so far it seems to be working fine, I wonder what in the firefox installation caused it to stop working?

FM

Did you delete the add-on or did you delete Firefox?
I deleted and re-installed the add-on already but I still got the error-message from Firefox... :sick:
Corporal 1st Class Aragonlar

Postby Dazoot on Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:18 am

HAving the same problem. It'll worl when I load it but when I restart computer it disables and when I try to enable it I get the non compatible message . So then I download it again and start the whole process over again after each boot up.

Is there a fix coming?
Sergeant Dazoot

Postby Don Juaquin on Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:46 pm

ConquerTell working fine with Debian/Gnome & Ice Weasel. Thanks Jon!

With one exception, not getting any alert sounds. Was wondering if anyone else has figured this out.
Yes, I can get YouTube movies and audio files to play no problem.

ConquerTell 1.1.9
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.9.0.6) Gecko/2009020409 Iceweasel/3.0.6 (Debian-3.0.6-1)

Tried the update
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.9.0.7) Gecko/2009032803 Iceweasel/3.0.6 (Debian-3.0.6-1)
Best regards,
Don Juaquin

Proud member of:
Private Don Juaquin

Postby Don Juaquin on Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:31 pm

On my home computer (XP) Everything is running just fine.

Reading the previous comments, I can't help but wonder if the Firefox was corrupted? Or AntiVirus/Defender blocking changes to the Firefox addon? Do you have administrator rights on the machine?? Can you uninstall and reinstall Firefox from a fresh download??
Best regards,
Don Juaquin

Proud member of:
Private Don Juaquin

Postby Don Juaquin on Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:41 pm

I'm posting what fixed the problem in Debian because I might need it again ;)

Turns out that my system sounds weren't working either. LOL, never knew Debian/Gnome had system sounds this is my first workstation with speakers. Anyway, ESD does NOT work well with the Intel sound on board. I installed the Pulse Audio options and now I get system sounds AND the all important Bugle telling me it's time for battle on CC.

Thanks again Jon and everyone else that helped develop this tool.
Best regards,
Don Juaquin

Proud member of:
Private Don Juaquin

Postby svick on Sat May 23, 2009 7:00 pm

I enhanced this extension a little, so that it also shows the time remaining to your next turn (or "Ready" or "Playing"). It can be downloaded here.

Sergeant svick

Postby jonducrou on Sat May 23, 2009 7:33 pm

svick wrote:I enhanced this extension a little, so that it also shows the time remaining to your next turn (or "Ready" or "Playing"). It can be downloaded here.

I am happy to roll your changes into the version on offer via mozilla addons?
Private jonducrou

Postby pirateXbrian on Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:33 am

Greetings peeps.
I have been using this for some time now with no problems until now. The problem started when I installed "no-script" plug-in for Firefox. Right away conquer tell stop working (just says loading) and doesn't load up or kick in. I put the site on my white list/allowed CC but still doesn't wanna work. I tried to reinstall the app with no avail. Next I disabled "no-script" in tool>add-ons Tab, but nothing happened. My next step is to uninstall "no-script" but wanted to find a solution that would allow me to keep both running without interfering with one another; could not find one, uninstalled "no-script" & "conquer tell" > restarted and reinstalled "conquer tell" but stil is not working :(

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as i love this plug-in so much and don't wanna have to use another notifier (although they are great too) cuz this is my favorite :)

P.S Yes i have put my correct user name in the field :)
Corporal pirateXbrian

Postby DaSpitter on Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:40 am

Ok...I really like the Conquer Tell Notifier...and I have one question for whomever created this script. Can you make it so that I can move the program and put it up on the top of my screen where the "taskbar" is....so to the right of the File - Edit - View- stuff....I don't like having my status bar (The bottom where) open....Is this possible?

DaSpitter
Jonathan

Thanks for checking this out
Sergeant 1st Class DaSpitter

Postby Ace Rimmer on Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:10 am

This is a nice enhancement, thanks! I'd like to be able to see when I need to take the turn in my next ready game - for those of us account sitting or watching, it would be nice to know when someone is close to missing a turn, as we may not want to take the turns as soon as they are ready. Another option would be to list the games by time remaining instead of game number, but I don't know if that's possible. I know you can mouse over each ready game to see how much time is left - but it would be nice to see at a glance how long someone has to take a turn, instead of needing to mouse over all the games and see which one is least.

Thanks!
Jake
Lieutenant Ace Rimmer

Postby Backglass on Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:14 am

Just thought I would mention that I too am having the sporadic incompatibility issue.

Firefox: 3.0.16
CT: 1.1.9

There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it. It will work fine for a day or two...then suddenly one day on boot up FF will disable it for being incompatible. Re-install and it works fine for another day or two.

Very strange.
The Pro-Tip®, SkyDaddy® and Image are registered trademarks of Backglass Heavy Industries.
Corporal 1st Class Backglass

Postby Leehar on Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:23 pm

I've realised that it it doesn't work anymore for Firefox 3.6
Anyway to fix that?
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby skeletonboy on Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:30 pm

Leehar wrote:I've realised that it it doesn't work anymore for Firefox 3.6
Anyway to fix that?

Update firefox? Idk
Sergeant skeletonboy

Postby Dako on Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:34 pm

skeletonboy wrote:
Anyway to fix that?

Update firefox? Idk

3.6 is the latest version :).
Colonel Dako

Postby skeletonboy on Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:44 pm

Dako wrote:
skeletonboy wrote:
Anyway to fix that?

Update firefox? Idk

Just pretending I knew what I was talking about :)
Sergeant skeletonboy

Postby dijxtra on Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:19 am

skeletonboy wrote:
Dako wrote:
skeletonboy wrote:
Anyway to fix that?

Update firefox? Idk

Go to this link with any browser other than FireFox: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... latest.xpi
FireFox won't let you download this file since you have to new version of FireFox, but Internet Exploder of Konqueror or Safari will let you download it. Open it in your favorite archiver (.xpi is in fact just a .zip file with a funny extension to confuse the enemy), extract file install.rdf, open it, find line which starts with <em:maxVersion> and make it go like this:
<em:maxVersion>3.6</em:maxVersion>
Save the install.rdf, drop it back into the xpi file and open your FireFox. In FireFox go to file -> open file and then open that xpi file. And voila, you gamed the system.

If you found this tutorial helpful, go to http://www.olahelland.net/giraffes/ and draw 10 giraffes. Thanks.
Sergeant 1st Class dijxtra

Postby redtide on Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:05 pm

dijxtra wrote:
skeletonboy wrote:
Dako wrote:
skeletonboy wrote:
Anyway to fix that?

Update firefox? Idk

Go to this link with any browser other than FireFox: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... latest.xpi
FireFox won't let you download this file since you have to new version of FireFox, but Internet Exploder of Konqueror or Safari will let you download it. Open it in your favorite archiver (.xpi is in fact just a .zip file with a funny extension to confuse the enemy), extract file install.rdf, open it, find line which starts with <em:maxVersion> and make it go like this:
Save the install.rdf, drop it back into the xpi file and open your FireFox. In FireFox go to file -> open file and then open that xpi file. And voila, you gamed the system.

If you found this tutorial helpful, go to http://www.olahelland.net/giraffes/ and draw 10 giraffes. Thanks.

I'm so close to doing this, but can't figure out how to "drop it back into the xpi file". Can you help? To unzip it in windows 7 I changed the extension to .zip so windows knew what to do with it, but now it's all confused and I can't seem to rename it back to .xpi (it won't drop the zip extension for some reason). Any ideas?

thanks!
Corporal 1st Class redtide

Postby dijxtra on Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:10 am

redtide wrote:
dijxtra wrote:Go to this link with any browser other than FireFox: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... latest.xpi

I'm so close to doing this, but can't figure out how to "drop it back into the xpi file". Can you help? To unzip it in windows 7 I changed the extension to .zip so windows knew what to do with it, but now it's all confused and I can't seem to rename it back to .xpi (it won't drop the zip extension for some reason). Any ideas?

thanks!

Aham. OK, let's see. When I'm forced to use Windows I use WinRAR for zipping/unzipping which is shareware and on which this "droping the file back into archive" works fine, just like drag'n'drop to common Windows Explorer window. And you don't have to rename .xpi file to .zip, you just open .xpi file with WinRAR and WinRAR figures out it's just a zip file. So, if we don't figure out any thing else, you can always try WinRAR.

But, first let's try this way: open Windows shell. How to do that exactly I don't know. In WinXP you go to Programs -> Accessories -> Command prompt. I suppose there is "command prompt" somewhere in Windows 7 too. Then use "cd" command to enter the directory where your problematic .zip file is (something like "C:\Documents and Settings\redtide\Desktop" or whatever) and then rename it with "ren" command (something like "ren addon-3638-latest.zip addon-3638-latest.xpi", YMMV). That should do the trick.

Did you manage?
Sergeant 1st Class dijxtra

PreviousNext

Return to Tool Archives