Conquer Club

BOB comments (old thread)

Archival storage to keep things organized and uncluttered. Can't find what you need? Search for old topics here.

Moderator: Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Tomorrow @ NaN:NaN am

Postby morleyjoe on Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:19 am

ender516 wrote:Sherkaner is on vacation, but I have proposed a temporary fix here.

The fix works great! Now if only the Map Rank could get fixed too!

Thanks ender!
show: My CC
Major morleyjoe

Re: BOB 5.1.5

Postby Namor on Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:23 am

Thanks ender. You made that simple enough for this self-confessed noob.
Colonel Namor

Postby kuma32478 on Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:57 am

Where do you go to edit the script?
Private 1st Class kuma32478

Postby ender516 on Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:32 am

kuma32478 wrote:Where do you go to edit the script?

Well, I don't want to sound too high and mighty, but if you don't know that, I wonder if you should be messing with it. However, if you are really game, then you need to:
  1. Find and select the Manage User Scripts... menu item (under Tools|Greasemonkey, or in the drop down menu from the Greasemonkey icon in your address bar (well, it's in mine, anyway)
    • The Add-ons dialog box will appear.
  2. Select "Conquer Club - BOB" and press the "Options button"
    • The Greasemonkey User Script Preferences dialog box will appear.
  3. Click the "Edit this User Script" button (big wide one at the bottom)
    • An editor should appear. This will vary with your personal preferences.
  4. Find "function updateMyGamesClock(elements)", go down to the line I pointed out, change that "1" to a "2", save the file and exit the editor.
  5. Click OK on the Greasemonkey User Script Preferences dialog box.
  6. Close the Add-ons dialog box.
  7. Refresh or reload your My Games page.
Sergeant 1st Class ender516

Postby ender516 on Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:35 am

nippersean wrote:it's the same for me. Does it mean my Nan is sitting my account? This is a worry, she is blind all ready and is 100 this year.
Just hope the dice are good. Go for it Bettie!!

No, Nan is not sitting, but as part of an anti-multi campaign, we are checking IPs, so you must go to your Nan's house to log in. ;)

Postby blakebowling on Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:20 am

Just for clarification and completeness. NaN means Not a Number.
Private blakebowling

Postby iamkoolerthanu on Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:23 am

ender516 wrote:

Well, I don't want to sound too high and mighty, but if you don't know that, I wonder if you should be messing with it. However, if you are really game, then you need to:
  1. Find and select the Manage User Scripts... menu item (under Tools|Greasemonkey, or in the drop down menu from the Greasemonkey icon in your address bar (well, it's in mine, anyway)

I get up to here, when I click on edit user script, absolutely nothing happens...
Corporal 1st Class iamkoolerthanu

Postby ThrushAAX on Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:13 pm

iamkoolerthanu wrote:
ender516 wrote:

I get up to here, when I click on edit user script, absolutely nothing happens...

I had the same problem.

Had to go to about:config and set greasemonkey.editor to the file path for notepad.
Colonel ThrushAAX

Postby ender516 on Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:21 pm

iamkoolerthanu wrote:
ender516 wrote:

Okay.
  1. Find your way to the Add-ons dialog again, but select the Extensions tab (a green puzzle piece).
  2. Select "Greasemonkey" and press the "Options button"
    • The Greasemonkey Options dialog box will appear.
  3. Click the "Change Editor" button.
    • Nuts, now I'm flying blind. I was pathfinding a solution for you in real time, but here at work, I don't see anything. I would hope that you can choose a new program to edit scripts.
Your other alternative is to find the BOB script on your computer. You could use Windows Search or something like it to find the file "conquer_club_-_bob.user.js", which might appear somewhere like

C:\Documents and Settings\<your Windows login name>\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\<magic>.default\gm_scripts\conquer_club_-_bob

Once you have found that file, right-click it, and select Edit from the popup menu.

Postby Namor on Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:37 pm

I went to the Monkey icon (in the corner of the page) and got the drop down list of user scripts, then just right clicked on BOB and the Editor opened up for me. It might be because I've already used the editor before, that it opened automatically, but i still think that right clicking the script will give a menu where you could select [Edit] (which can be done with Notepad)
Colonel Namor

Postby Leehar on Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:26 pm

ender516 wrote:Your other alternative is to find the BOB script on your computer. You could use Windows Search or something like it to find the file "conquer_club_-_bob.user.js", which might appear somewhere like

C:\Documents and Settings\<your Windows login name>\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\<magic>.default\gm_scripts\conquer_club_-_bob

Once you have found that file, right-click it, and select Edit from the popup menu.

This worked
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby ender516 on Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:36 pm

Namor wrote:I went to the Monkey icon (in the corner of the page) and got the drop down list of user scripts, then just right clicked on BOB and the Editor opened up for me. It might be because I've already used the editor before, that it opened automatically, but i still think that right clicking the script will give a menu where you could select [Edit] (which can be done with Notepad)

Well, you learn something new every day! I was not aware of the right-click trick on the Greasemonkey menu. That works for me too, but I'm guessing it is just a shortcut to the action of the "Edit this User Script" button, so I doubt it will help iamkoolerthanu. Still, it saves opening two dialog boxes, so others may appreciate it.

Postby kuma32478 on Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:43 pm

The edit of the file itself outside of greasemonkey worked. I couldn't figure out how to edit it Greasemonkey. It never gave me the option. Thanks for the fix.
Private 1st Class kuma32478

Postby Leehar on Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:37 pm

It was ok yesterday, but somehow it reverted back, yet when checking the file it does show the '2'...
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby Orange-Idaho-Dog on Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:36 pm

Alright, I'm finally tired of trying to play without BOB.

Click image to enlarge.

This is as far as I get with BOB enabled. It just sits there, and sits there, and sits there. I have the newest version of BOB, and the newest version of Firefox (6.0.2).

Any ideas on what is wrong, and how to fix it?
Looking for a clan? Click here to send me a PM and find out how to join The Underworld! *Selective Recruitment*
Sergeant 1st Class Orange-Idaho-Dog

Postby ender516 on Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:07 am

Version 4.7.3 is nowhere near the newest version of BOB. Go to the first post and find the GET BOB link, click that, then when you see the userscripts.org page, it should say 5.1.5. Click Install. Not sure why the Latest Version Installed thingie is lying to you.

Postby Orange-Idaho-Dog on Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:51 am

4.7.3 is automatically the version being installed. On the user scripts page it says 5.1.5, but when I install it, on Conquerclub it says 4.7.3. I deleted the old version I had, and reinstalled the 5.1.5, and it still says 4.7.3. Although now, it says there is an update available, but nothing happens when I click on it. It just brings up an about:blank popup window, that closes itself immediately.

*Edit

So get this..

Click image to enlarge.

But, in Help/Info:

Click image to enlarge.
Looking for a clan? Click here to send me a PM and find out how to join The Underworld! *Selective Recruitment*

Postby Serbia on Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:06 pm

ender516 wrote:Okay, folks, since sherkaner is on vacation, we have two choices: live with this problem for three weeks, or try fixing it ourselves.

I have found the line to fix.

Worked like a charm, ender. Thanks a ton!
CONFUSED? YOU'LL KNOW WHEN YOU'RE RIPE
saxitoxin wrote:Serbia is a RUDE DUDE
may not be a PRUDE, but he's gotta 'TUDE
might not be LEWD, but he's gonna get BOOED
RUDE
Captain Serbia

Postby ender516 on Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:15 pm

Orange-Idaho-Dog wrote:4.7.3 is automatically the version being installed. On the user scripts page it says 5.1.5, but when I install it, on Conquerclub it says 4.7.3. I deleted the old version I had, and reinstalled the 5.1.5, and it still says 4.7.3. Although now, it says there is an update available, but nothing happens when I click on it. It just brings up an about:blank popup window, that closes itself immediately.

*Edit

So get this..

Click image to enlarge.

But, in Help/Info:

Click image to enlarge.

The problem seems to be you are clicking on the link on the userscripts.org page, which is labelled "Continuation of another script, see...". DON'T click that, click the big green Install button in the top right corner. That should get you the current one.

And yes, the Help page has not been updated in ages. (Even at 5.1.5, it shows that old page.)

Postby Orange-Idaho-Dog on Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:46 pm

Boy I feel stupid now, Thanks Ender. :roll:

Postby ender516 on Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:04 pm

No worries, when I was trying to figure out what went wrong, I nearly fell into the trap myself.

Postby BYUwonder11 on Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:52 am

iamkoolerthanu wrote:
ender516 wrote:

Found another way for you all to get this thing to work if you click on the Edit User Script and nothing happens, just go to the next tab over called "Script Settings", click on the url looking thing in the top box and then click "Add as user exclude"

I couldn't get anything to appear, and when I did that the time thing fixed itself. Hope this helps.
Major BYUwonder11

Location: Berk. It's twelve days north of Hopeless and a few degrees south of Freezing to Death.

Postby BYUwonder11 on Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:57 am

Okay, so what I just said only fixes the clock, but you lose BOB, at least according to a couple buddies of mine. On my comp for whatever reason it still works, so maybe don't do this...lol
Major BYUwonder11

Location: Berk. It's twelve days north of Hopeless and a few degrees south of Freezing to Death.

Postby Mageplunka69 on Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:03 am

yep clocked work great, but then bob was removed ♥...so for now bob can work, just no time

None
Round 4
01:32:10
Tomorrow @ NaN:NaN am
Captain Mageplunka69

Postby Frop on Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:19 am

My BOB is still here, days after applying the fix.
Captain Frop

PreviousNext

Return to Tool Archives