Conquer Club

BOB comments (old thread)

Archival storage to keep things organized and uncluttered. Can't find what you need? Search for old topics here.

Moderator: Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: BOB 4.9.1

Postby endar1077 on Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:19 pm

Hey, thanks for taking my suggestion up so quickly! You are very speedy.
I'm so happy that I can look at the map and chat at the same time now!
(For anyone who missed it, try "Chat box at top" under view options - very awesome!)
Highest score: Colonel, 2786, #124
Major endar1077

Postby Tisha on Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:32 am

I don't get a text map anymore, and that Icy Age of Realms doesn't stop loading :|
Major Tisha

Postby Scott-Land on Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:42 am

It wasnt in sync with cm or something the other day-- had misdrops on 3 or so games where it dropped on an adjacent terr of the clicker. Even with previous site lag, something like thats never happened. Not sure if there was a direct connection to the updated bob with cm. it also disabled cm when i disabled bob. but it didnt happen anymore once i uninstalled both bob and cm and reinstalled.
Major Scott-Land

Postby Angus Khan on Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:49 am

Tisha wrote:I don't get a text map anymore, and that Icy Age of Realms doesn't stop loading :|

Similar problem here with another Realms map:
http://www.conquerclub.com/game.php?game=5845167

only on round 2 and it "sticks"
Sergeant 1st Class Angus Khan

Postby sherkaner on Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:07 am

Hambone was right, I didn't account for negative bonusses. (Actually, I wanted to ignore them anyway. Not sure why it broke on that).
That part is fixed now, and text map works again.

Incandenza wrote:Actually, there's another issue... all the map coords look fine until I start my turn, whereupon all the army numbers jump 1-2 pixels left and up, very peculiar. I'm using clickies, not sure if that makes a difference.

I did test with Clickable maps, and it did work (no jumpy behaviour).
But I changed something there, so it could have slightly different behaviour. Please let me know if the 'map align left/top' settings aren't perfect.

Tisha wrote:I don't get a text map anymore, and that Icy Age of Realms doesn't stop loading :|

Text map: you were right. Fixed.

Scott-Land wrote:It wasnt in sync with cm or something the other day-- had misdrops on 3 or so games where it dropped on an adjacent terr of the clicker. Even with previous site lag, something like thats never happened. Not sure if there was a direct connection to the updated bob with cm. it also disabled cm when i disabled bob. but it didnt happen anymore once i uninstalled both bob and cm and reinstalled.

I'll look into that. I don't use Clickable Maps a lot, and I hadn't noticed it. But you spoke of 'the other day', so you didn't have 4.9.1 yet?
Colonel sherkaner

Postby sherkaner on Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:52 am

sherkaner wrote:I did test with Clickable maps, and it did work (no jumpy behaviour).
But I changed something there, so it could have slightly different behaviour. Please let me know if the 'map align left/top' settings aren't perfect.

Hmm, I can duplicate some of the behaviour when I switch map sizes and have both clickable maps and BOB on. I'll look into it.
Colonel sherkaner

Re: BOB 4.9.2

Postby Night Strike on Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:29 am

Could you move the "Show All Games Together" link on the profile to somewhere else, perhaps down by where the map rank profile buttons show up? Its current position is unworkable for some moderators because that is where various tools are located. Thanks.
Major Night Strike

Postby sherkaner on Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:40 am

It makes sense for normal users to put it where it is (and you can put it off if you want to, see site options).

I could make it a 3-way option, 'On', 'At bottom' (= where map rank puts it) or 'Off'. But I'd like the default to be where it is actually.
Colonel sherkaner

Postby Night Strike on Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:07 am

sherkaner wrote:It makes sense for normal users to put it where it is (and you can put it off if you want to, see site options).

Didn't realize that one. Done.
Major Night Strike

Postby Foxglove on Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:09 pm

I have 4.9.2, and the list of territories that border/bombard etc. in the map inspect text are no longer color-coded by player.
Brigadier Foxglove

Postby sherkaner on Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:25 pm

Foxglove wrote:I have 4.9.2, and the list of territories that border/bombard etc. in the map inspect text are no longer color-coded by player.

Agreed, but I want to check out the BOB/clickable maps thingy before making a new version.
Colonel sherkaner

Postby endar1077 on Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:54 pm

I see some discussion here about clickable maps, but it is regarding numbers jumping around... I don't think that's my problem.

I moved the chat box to the top, but the indicators are still located up where the map used to be (where the chat box is now). I think at first it might have been all the indicators that were displaced (and then maybe there was another update that changed that - not sure)... now it is only the cross hairs and the "number to advance/fort" indicator (the "map inspect" icons are all in the right place).

Is it possible to tell the clickable maps program to shift things down with Bob, or do they need to change the clickable maps script now?
Major endar1077

Postby Incandenza on Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:48 pm

I've had this problem too, the circles and crosshairs and what not being way above where they should be, top-chat seems to be the culprit.
THOTA: dingdingdingdingdingdingBOOM

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est
Colonel Incandenza

Postby sherkaner on Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:34 pm

endar1077 wrote:I see some discussion here about clickable maps, but it is regarding numbers jumping around... I don't think that's my problem.

I moved the chat box to the top, but the indicators are still located up where the map used to be (where the chat box is now). I think at first it might have been all the indicators that were displaced (and then maybe there was another update that changed that - not sure)... now it is only the cross hairs and the "number to advance/fort" indicator (the "map inspect" icons are all in the right place).

Is it possible to tell the clickable maps program to shift things down with Bob, or do they need to change the clickable maps script now?

The jumping around is fixable in BOB (though it kills the map align thingy, hopefully nobody needs that after the update any more). The chatbox should be fixed in Clickable maps preferably. I can't be sure that CM is fully loaded when BOB loads (not with the sequence in greasemonkey anyway).
Colonel sherkaner

Postby sherkaner on Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:58 am

A quick solve in clickable maps would be to substitute the next block of code:

Code: Select all
   var tournamentOffset = 0;
   var dashboard = document.getElementById('dashboard');
   var tr = dashboard.getElementsByTagName("TR")[0];
   var td = tr.getElementsByTagName("TD")[0];
   if (td.id!="map-cell")
      tournamentOffset = 20;

with:
Code: Select all
   var tournamentOffset = document.getElementById('outer-map').offsetTop - document.getElementById('middleColumn').offsetTop + 68

(It doesn't work if you switch between chat on top on the page, you have to reload since the variable is only set once. Doesn't appear to depend on the sequence for me.)
Colonel sherkaner

Postby chephren on Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:07 am

I run BOB on several machines in my Internet cafe...all with latest version of Firefox.
Yesterday I installed 4.9.2 on all of the machines and since then it hasn't been showing Unknown territory numbers in Fog games. I never had any problems with the old version.

For example, this is what it says in a fog game where in actual fact there are 3 fogged territories:

Unknown 0 ( 0% ) 0 ( 0% ) 0
General chephren

Postby Big Whiskey on Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:07 am

Foxglove wrote:I have 4.9.2, and the list of territories that border/bombard etc. in the map inspect text are no longer color-coded by player.

Any news on when this will be fixed?
General Big Whiskey

Postby sherkaner on Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:23 am

Big Whiskey wrote:

Any news on when this will be fixed?

I will probably update the version tomorrow, but if you update BOB now this is fixed.
Colonel sherkaner

Re: BOB 4.9.3

Postby AndrewB on Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:17 pm

Version 4.9.3

Map Opacity is broken :s

Set any map opacity to lets say 40%, then re-enter the game game. Opacity is at 100%, even though the map options say it is 40%.

So map fade was broken, not fixed :s

EDIT: Also the opacity disappears with every deployment/attack/fort done.
Last edited by AndrewB on Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lieutenant AndrewB

Postby AndrewB on Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:22 pm

Can i get a previous version somewhere? Those "fixes" are quite annoying. It looks like that change was not tested at all!
Lieutenant AndrewB

Postby Dako on Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:41 pm

http://userscripts.org/scripts/versions/52341

Choose whichever you need from there. Can even rofl and get version 1 or 2 :D.
Colonel Dako

Postby sherkaner on Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:52 pm

AndrewB wrote:Can i get a previous version somewhere? Those "fixes" are quite annoying. It looks like that change was not tested at all!

Not tested at all.. Not properly tested I guess, I just didn't update the page when I had a map fade set. And it's true, I tend to be a bit unprecise in testing these things.
I just updated the version for this..
Colonel sherkaner

Postby AndrewB on Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:26 pm

sherkaner wrote:
AndrewB wrote:Can i get a previous version somewhere? Those "fixes" are quite annoying. It looks like that change was not tested at all!

Not tested at all.. Not properly tested I guess, I just didn't update the page when I had a map fade set. And it's true, I tend to be a bit unprecise in testing these things.
I just updated the version for this..

That was quick! thanks a lot.

Was very frustrated because i screwed up one game because of it, could not see that partner was too low...
Lieutenant AndrewB

Re: BOB 4.9.4

Postby endar1077 on Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:00 pm

I just reverted to an older version because everything seems REALLY slow in the game page. I don't know - maybe my computer is just messed up, but it seems like there might be a loop gone wild, or something.
Major endar1077

Re: BOB 4.9.4

Postby WitchDoctor on Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:22 pm

In 4.9.4 I think "Delete Game Snapshots" may not be working. After clicking and confirming the game snapshots disappear fine, but after a browser page reload they're back.
Major WitchDoctor

PreviousNext

Return to Tool Archives