[Site] Raise Achievement Medal Cap from 30 to Whatever

Suggestions that have made it through the grind, and have become integrated into the site!

Moderators: Suggestions Team, Global Moderators

Re: Raise Clan Achievement Medal Cap from 30 to whatever

Postby betiko on Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:31 pm

actually I think I missunderstood agentcom's suggestion in the first place, I like it. just to be sure I understood correctly:

XXX -> 30
L-> 31
C->32
CL->33
CCC->36 max achievement

It seems like we finally all agreed ;)
Brigadier betiko
SoC Training Adviser

Medals: 149
Conquer Cup Gold Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (14) General Achievement (30) Clan Achievement (7) Training Achievement (2)

Postby agentcom on Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:44 pm

Gillipig wrote:I'm for this suggestion. I also think this should be done for all other medals where 30 currently is the cap.

It would be. Unfortunately for mapmakers, it would still be harder for them to gain medals. But that's no change from the current system. It would still be the most prestigious of the achievement medals.

... and lol @ betiko ;)
Major agentcom

Medals: 70
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (13) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (8)
General Contribution (2)

Postby greenoaks on Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:46 pm

Gillipig wrote:I'm for this suggestion. I also think this should be done for all other medals where 30 currently is the cap.

it is not possible to fit the roman numerals in the graphic to show 32, 33, 34, 36, 37, 38, 39.

so how about the graphic is unchanged until 35, then again to 40, 45, 50
Sergeant 1st Class greenoaks
Tech Contributor
Tech Contributor

Medals: 138
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (14)
Tournament Contribution (34) General Contribution (4)

Postby rdsrds2120 on Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:15 pm

agentcom wrote:This is something that the admin have recently become interested in for whatever reason. Therefore, I am going to STICKY this to draw some more attention to it.

My vote is still to maintain the tradition of the roman numerals and award additional medals at a staggered level of perhaps 50 ("L"), 100 ("C") and 200 ("CC").

There will still be an imbalance in how easy medals are to earn, but I don't really see the problem of having someone like Highlanderattack getting 3 more medals for all the tourneys he's organized. And I can't wait to see cairns get the only "L" cartography medal :)

I think the pure genius of coincidence of Roman Numeral 200 being "CC" is almost enough by itself to pick up this template for raising the cap :P. This is something that I'd like to be working on for you guys, since it's something I can help out with without all of the programming, etc! I feel like raising the medal caps is a quick small thing that I can do that affects a lot of players greatly. After all -- who doesn't like having that awesome personal goal? Now maybe to hammer out a plan :)

BMO
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120
Retired Administrator

Medals: 90
Conquer Cup Bronze Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (9)
Clan Achievement (7) Training Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (9)

Postby Gillipig on Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:49 am

agentcom wrote:

It would be. Unfortunately for mapmakers, it would still be harder for them to gain medals. But that's no change from the current system. It would still be the most prestigious of the achievement medals.

... and lol @ betiko ;)

Give the mapmakers some more foundry related updates and I think (know) they won't care about the medals ;).

greenoaks wrote:

it is not possible to fit the roman numerals in the graphic to show 32, 33, 34, 36, 37, 38, 39.

IF 38 (vv) won't fit....
XXXVIII

then 45 (vv) will be a very tight squeeze....
XXXXV

It's only 38 that is larger than 45, all the others you metion will fit if 45 fits. Maybe it's durable to make 38 look a little messy?
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Medals: 38
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (6) Tournament Contribution (3)

Postby greenoaks on Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:31 am

Gillipig wrote:
agentcom wrote:

... and lol @ betiko ;)

Give the mapmakers some more foundry related updates and I think (know) they won't care about the medals ;).

greenoaks wrote:

IF 38 (vv) won't fit....
XXXVIII

XXXXV

It's only 38 that is larger than 45, all the others you metion will fit if 45 fits. Maybe it's durable to make 38 look a little messy?

how will 45 not fit. it is xlv
Sergeant 1st Class greenoaks
Tech Contributor
Tech Contributor

Medals: 138
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (14)
Tournament Contribution (34) General Contribution (4)

Postby Qwert on Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:24 pm

why are you so fascinated with roman numeral, just use arabic, and you can have 999 maximum medal. Plain and simple
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Medals: 77
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (6)
Training Achievement (2) Map Contribution (8) Tournament Contribution (22) General Contribution (4)

Postby betiko on Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:57 pm

qwert wrote:why are you so fascinated with roman numeral, just use arabic, and you can have 999 maximum medal. Plain and simple

lol! not such a bad though! :lol: :lol:
Brigadier betiko
SoC Training Adviser

Medals: 149
Conquer Cup Gold Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (14) General Achievement (30) Clan Achievement (7) Training Achievement (2)

Postby stahrgazer on Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:24 pm

trinicardinal wrote:
The Voice wrote:I never knew there was such a limit. 30 seems rather arbitrary.

actually its linked to limitations on the graphic size... something to work on I think

Like, make the font for the X's smaller once you reach something? Seems not too difficult.

OR

Use Romans up to 30, then use like Arabics.. 31, 43, 57, 999 ... for anything above because you can get to 999 before you run out of stuff at which point you can use what is it, M in Roman again?
Captain stahrgazer

Medals: 52
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (6) Tournament Contribution (1)
General Contribution (7)

Postby Gillipig on Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:57 pm

greenoaks wrote:
Gillipig wrote:
agentcom wrote:

... and lol @ betiko ;)

greenoaks wrote:

IF 38 (vv) won't fit....
XXXVIII

XXXXV

how will 45 not fit. it is xlv

Hm, that's true. Never mind what I said then.
Lieutenant Gillipig

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (6) Tournament Contribution (3)

Postby MoB Deadly on Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:49 pm

greenoaks wrote:

This.

or-

qwert wrote:why are you so fascinated with roman numeral, just use arabic, and you can have 999 maximum medal. Plain and simple

This. 10 points to qwet for pointing out the obvious :lol:
Art by pershy
Major MoB Deadly

Medals: 135
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (16) General Achievement (10)
Clan Achievement (34) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (31) General Contribution (1)

Postby Qwert on Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:11 am

stahrgazer wrote:
trinicardinal wrote:

actually its linked to limitations on the graphic size... something to work on I think

Like, make the font for the X's smaller once you reach something? Seems not too difficult.

OR

Use Romans up to 30, then use like Arabics.. 31, 43, 57, 999 ... for anything above because you can get to 999 before you run out of stuff at which point you can use what is it, M in Roman again?

wait a moment! are you want to tell that real explanation why can not put more number in medals are "limitation on graphic size"

Usual im calm but i will say.
WHAT MORONS WORK IN IDEA SECTION OF CC! only what need to do its to change Romans with Arabic numerals and problem are solve. How many years need to pass so that someone in CC site office get :idea: in hes head and to say " how about Arabic numerals? "

Unbelievable, and some people get money in CC to think??? Well i don't know who are real owner, but if people in these company can not get this simple idea,then these its waste of money.

The Revolution Begins
by El_Jefe » Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:15 pm

revolution mine ass! unbelievable. for some simple ideas need 3-4-5-6-7 years to be implemented! TOTAL DISAPOINTMENT, i realy can not see what are change in CC, maybe lackattack change hes name in el_Jefe?
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Medals: 77
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (6)
Training Achievement (2) Map Contribution (8) Tournament Contribution (22) General Contribution (4)

Postby Gillipig on Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:38 am

qwert wrote:
stahrgazer wrote:
trinicardinal wrote:

OR

wait a moment! are you want to tell that real explanation why can not put more number in medals are "limitation on graphic size"

WHAT MORONS WORK IN IDEA SECTION OF CC! only what need to do its to change Romans with Arabic numerals and problem are solve. How many years need to pass so that someone in CC site office get :idea: in hes head and to say " how about Arabic numerals? "

Unbelievable, and some people get money in CC to think??? Well i don't know who are real owner, but if people in these company can not get this simple idea,then these its waste of money.

The Revolution Begins

revolution mine ass! unbelievable. for some simple ideas need 3-4-5-6-7 years to be implemented! TOTAL DISAPOINTMENT, i realy can not see what are change in CC, maybe lackattack change hes name in el_Jefe?

Arabic numerals would solve the problem no doubt! This might be silly but I just think roman numerals look better :P.
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby MoB Deadly on Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:40 am

qwert wrote:
stahrgazer wrote:
trinicardinal wrote:

OR

The Revolution Begins

Are you legitimately angry, or is this a normal qwert post?
Art by pershy
Major MoB Deadly

Medals: 135
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (16) General Achievement (10)
Clan Achievement (34) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (31) General Contribution (1)

Postby Gillipig on Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:46 am

MoB Deadly wrote:
qwert wrote:
stahrgazer wrote:
trinicardinal wrote:

OR

The Revolution Begins

Are you legitimately angry, or is this a normal qwert post?

qwert is right though! If we really want to solve this problem, just insert arabic numerals instead of roman. I think we're all a bit too caught up in how it looks instead of functionality.
Lieutenant Gillipig

PreviousNext

Return to Implemented Suggestions