Conquer Club

World 2.1 (Trapped as the bad guy)

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

World 2.1 (Trapped as the bad guy)

Postby Geger on Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:13 am

Game 9871242

Hi, I need some advices here.

In this game I have the must regions, but don't have the biggest troops. Everybody only stack and attack only for spoil. Read the last chat. Red had to say sorry for breaking orange bonus. I don't like "stacking" game like this. I had no idea why I joined such game (big map and no fog). I love world 2.1, but usually I play with fog.

What do you think shall I do? (I can't say "Bye guys, I'm boring" and start attacking everyone :lol: )

Ty

(I promise, I'll never join world2.1 map with no fog anymore)
Major Geger

Re: World 2.1 (Trapped as the bad guy)

Postby usernamer on Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:02 am

There's a tactic for ending long stacking games I've used quite a few times, and works well. Could try it sometime, now, or when a few more players like pink / pink and orange are gone.
Basically, you get 2 teams together and fight it out until one is destroyed, then fight it out individually i.e. pink and orange are dead, and you and teal team up against yellow, red and blue. Then, when one of the sides is all killed off i.e. it's just you and teal left, you two fight it out to see who wins.
Obviously, don't make any diplomacy secret, when I try it, I usually say I'm planning on trying that kinda thing (after other ppl have complained about how long the game's gone on for) and we all agree on what fair teams would be. Then, within the teams, decide who does what i.e. if you're winning and teamed with a loser, you should do most of the work. That way, everyone stays happy and you can still have a decent game which just ends a lot quicker.

Dunno if people will be bored yet and up for this kinda thing as it's only round 16,
Hope that helps though.
Major usernamer

Postby trinicardinal on Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:55 am

You've barely started it seems to me.. I'm in games where we have more on one territ than any of those players have in total... actually one of my games I have more on 1 territ that the entire troop count in that game and I consider those to be small games compared to some I have seen. That being said I understand fully that you don't want it to become a stacking game.

It seems like some diplomacy might be in order... draw attention to the fact that some players are expanding dangerously etc.... try to coordinate an attack on the leader while quietly getting some territs... expect the tables to turn on you at some time though
10:16:35 ‹Ace Rimmer› haven't looked at work in ages
10:42:43 ‹Sackett58› fine, I'll take my panties elsewhere
Captain trinicardinal

Postby usernamer on Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:03 am

Yeah, just finished a game recently where I used the tactic outlined above. Had been going on for months and I had a spot with over 6000 troops on 1 place (can't remember exactly how much more) :)
Major usernamer

Postby Geger on Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:28 am

thank you :D

The game is still young (16 rounds) lol, I should be more patient. I will try your advice as a basis for future strategies.

As it seen it I've clashed with the orange almost from the beginning. I could handle it and spare some troops like blue and cyan. But then pink (who held Far east and India) tried to eliminate Green (who held Russia) 2 times, but failed. And at the second trial he left 1 green troop in Kazahstan. I took the opportunity, if not red would. Pink has lost a lot of troops and left three troops in China. I, the bad guy, broke all pink's bonuses in india and russia during the action. So now I have 2 enemies pink and orange. I can't spare no more troops :(

What do you think is better :
1. Make peace with pink (I must give China back), so I can focus in Africa, or
2. Build new base from China and forget Africa, so I can focus in Far East and Oceania
Major Geger

Postby usernamer on Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:39 am

personally, I'd go more for the focusing on oceania/far east option. Orange is looking weak, so you may hold africa for a while without putting more on your borders (unless teal decides he wants it)
Major usernamer

Postby Geger on Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:53 am

Oke, ty :)
Major Geger

Return to Conquer Club Discussion