Conquer Club

anybody good at classic?

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

anybody good at classic?

Postby Mathys Taljaard on Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:48 am

Tips for classic
Cook Mathys Taljaard

Re: anybody good at classic?

Postby Geger on Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:22 am

Major Geger

Postby anonymus on Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:36 pm

my tip.. dont play it until you know it.. join SoC..
me when i started here I played it all the time.. now im -851 and classic is by far my most points-negative map ;)

/ :?:
Click image to enlarge.

show: BoganGod speaks the truth
Colonel anonymus

Postby Viceroy63 on Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:07 pm

I think that any map that you play consistantly, you become good at. The Classic Map may or may not be the easiest Map in CC and I have seen what appears to be some pretty easy maps but I would say that they all have their charm and rewards and their share of draw backs. Knowing your enemy and knowing the battle field is half of the war.

I would tend to think that those who play many different kinds of maps often lose a great deal of their games due to the fact that they just don't understand the dynamics and advantages and disadbantages of their maps. This is also probably just one of the reason why SoC Training only focuses on one map, the classic map.

For example in Classic Map there are very few places where you can put your back to the wall. Like in Africa for example, those four lower regions is an excellent place where no one can attack you from behind. Another place would be Oceania. But the reverse is also true in any map and where there is no place to run could turn out to be a death bed.

One of the advantages of the "Flat" Maps like say "Charleston" is that the principal of winning is to place your back to the wall or the edge of the map and concentrate your war efforts on your battle front lines. But again where the game ends is also most likely at the edge of the board.

But in Classic Map you need to focus on several fronts. If an enemy forces can not take you from the east, yet he may be able to take you from the west. But again, if you see your enemy mounting an attack in one area you can normally run to another area and be safe. When death comes in the classic map, it can happen anywhere in the map at all. But at the same time, one's players lost is another players Victory.

Well; That is my nickels worth of free advice. Lol. I hope you can do something with that. Please feel free to PM me or to write on my wall if you have any more questions or just keep this thread going as sooner or later I might return here again or some one else will answer and everyone who reads this here will also benefit from the communications.
Major Viceroy63

Location: A little back water, hill billy hick place called Earth.

Postby macbone on Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:46 pm

Depends on the spoil type you're playing with. If it's Escalating, I'll echo what anonymus said and check out the SoC Training Academy here. No Spoils/Flat Rate's a different animal, but once you play a few SoC games, you'll develop a good strategy for it.

On Escalating, the idea is to build up several good-sized stacks around the board in spots that attack 5 or 6 other territories. You should have one in each region. For Asia, Dubai is good, as is Moscow and Delhi. In North America, Chicago or Vancouver are nice. It's not as important to have a strong stack in Europe or Africa, but I like Istanbul or Dakar for a third stack. Hong Kong is good, too, especially if you hold Istanbul.

It can be good to have a small stack in South America and/or Oceania, as well, if someone isn't trying to conquer that continent.

There's an official strategy guide up in this forum (see the Official Guides up top), so check that out, and check out the SoC's First Four Moves, too, found in the SoC Guide in the Training Grounds. Good luck, and PM me if you have further questions or if you're interested in training.
Colonel macbone

Return to Conquer Club Discussion