Conquer Club

Greater Vancouver map strategy

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Greater Vancouver map strategy

Postby Generick108 on Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:28 pm

i tried searching for this map if anyone had a specific strategy. I'm from vancouver and find it fun to play on but have lost the last 4 games... all flat rate, some FOW... anybody have a good win record for this map?
Sergeant 1st Class Generick108

Re: Greater Vancouver map strategy

Postby Jippd on Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:11 am

Generick108 wrote:i tried searching for this map if anyone had a specific strategy. I'm from vancouver and find it fun to play on but have lost the last 4 games... all flat rate, some FOW... anybody have a good win record for this map?

Looking at your recent games it seems you mostly like to play:

4-8 player
Escalating or Flat Rate
Chained or Unlimited
Sunny or Foggy

Games mostly.

In flat rate games I would try getting the bonus up in the top left corner (west vancouver) if you can. Taking that and then long term going for north vancouver and the coast mountains is a nice bonus of five with 3 defense points. Otherwise work where you are strong. Maple meadows is a good starting point as well. Or negotiate truces with round limits with another player that got screwed on the drop so u both can take a bonus and catch up/stay in the game. I try to avoid flat rate for two reasons. First, they depend on the luck of the cards you get. This can be sometimes good and sometimes bad. If you want strategy to play more of a part than luck you need to limit the luck factor. Second, flat rate games when played properly can often turn into stalemates.

In escalating try to stay alive. The key is to preserve as many troops as you can and then kill players for their cards when it gets to the point where their cards are more valuable then their troop count. Wasting troops going for a bonus does not often pay off as by round 10 the game will be over since cashes are so high at that point. Sometimes you can sit back in places where people don't want and build stacks. Let the other players fight over their bonuses. This wastes there extra troops every round and you can make a kill run easier from one stack then being spread out. This is of course harder in fog of war.

In both game types try to use diplomacy. Diplomacy is ALWAYS beneficial in singles games.

If you haven't joined or looked into it yet there is a program called society of the cooks that teaches you how to play on the classic map. Vancouver is a bigger map, but the general principles you learn there are beneficial. If you are interested post and I'm sure someone will post the link for the SOC (I'm too lazy to look it up).
Major Jippd

Return to Conquer Club Discussion