Mentoring Pilot Program

Information on tactics, scenarios, and all that you'll need to be successful in-game!

Moderators: Global Moderators, Discussions Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Mentoring Pilot Program

Postby Gillipig on Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:15 am

spacewrekker wrote:i'd like some help with all fog gameplay strategies - i seem to get worked in fog games and i think it's because i'm too aggressive. also, i could use some basic pointers for manual deployment games in general.

also looking for some help with a few Conquer Rome games i'm currently playing...

I'm good at fog. For the effort of teaching you I'd like payment in coin however.
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Medals: 38
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (6) Tournament Contribution (3)

Postby seanpualion on Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:27 am

I have just joined and I hope I will learn a lot of new information here.
I admire the valuable information you offered in your article. Excellent submission very good post.Keep posting thumbs up.

High School Diploma
New Recruit seanpualion

Postby Campin_Killer on Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:49 pm

I need some general help...
Upcoming Tournaments
NCAA Football
In the Trenches - 3 in sign-ups
13 Colonies
8 Thoughts
Africa

Highscore

Lieutenant Campin_Killer

Medals: 6
Standard Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (1)

Postby Gillipig on Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:23 am

Campin_Killer wrote:I need some general help...

As in help from a general, or help in general?
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Medals: 38
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (6) Tournament Contribution (3)

Postby Campin_Killer on Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:01 am

Gillipig wrote:

Help in general ;)
Upcoming Tournaments
NCAA Football
13 Colonies
8 Thoughts
Africa

Highscore

Lieutenant Campin_Killer

Standard Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (1)

Postby codierose on Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:32 pm

Campin_Killer wrote:
Gillipig wrote:

Help in general ;)

in what areas and settings
Major codierose

Medals: 95
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (24) General Achievement (7)
Clan Achievement (6) Tournament Contribution (2)

Postby Campin_Killer on Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:57 pm

Haha, getting better all around,

Standard settings,

And trying to try a few new maps
Upcoming Tournaments
NCAA Football
13 Colonies
8 Thoughts
Africa

Highscore

Lieutenant Campin_Killer

Postby codierose on Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:04 pm

Campin_Killer wrote:Haha, getting better all around,

Standard settings,

And trying to try a few new maps

cool set up game map settings your choice invite me all i ask is you take turns :D
Major codierose

Medals: 95
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (24) General Achievement (7)
Clan Achievement (6) Tournament Contribution (2)

Postby xstu1978x on Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:40 pm

hi I am looking for a mentor i would rate myself as a 1 and new to the site.
any help would be greatly apriciated

thanks
New Recruit xstu1978x

Need a Mentor

Postby StinknLincoln on Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:44 am

have volatile rank swings chef--->Serg. ---> chef

Need a bit of do's and don'ts advice along with brutal creative criticism.

Also $8.00 for a pack of smokes...
Private 1st Class StinknLincoln

Medals: 26
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (1)

Postby Viceroy63 on Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:01 pm

xstu1978x wrote:hi I am looking for a mentor i would rate myself as a 1 and new to the site.
any help would be greatly apriciated

thanks

If you are new to the site then I would recommend the SoC. It worked for me and a whole lot of other lower ranking officer's. It all depends on your eagerness to learn the strategy that is used for the 6 player standard game.

StinknLincoln wrote:have volatile rank swings chef--->Serg. ---> chef

Need a bit of do's and don'ts advice along with brutal creative criticism.

Also $8.00 for a pack of smokes...

Stinky, may I call you stinky? :D My heart goes all out to you. I see that you are in an SoC training field but you are not using the class forums. The SoC is a mentoring program just as if I were to mentor you on your games.

The problem with mentoring is that people want advice after they finished messing up their games. One of the rules in the SoC is to start the program from the start of the game and not in the middle of the game.

I will make a deal with you and with anyone who wants mentoring. Write me an Email from the very first move. Don't use different emails for different moves but the same email and don't skip any moves and I will mentor you or anyone right from the start.

Meet those conditions and I will mentor anyone. Those are the same conditions in the SoC Only they are experts at this mentoring stuff although I pretty much know my stuff. The only other conditions must be the setting of the game. No FOG or Trench. Only 6 player Standard or terminator, Escalating spoils. No Teams either. Just in case. And only one game.

Meet those condition and use the same email and I will teach you from the very same manual that the SoC does. Or better yet, just use the SoC forum since you are already in a training field 11 if I am not mistaken. They are the best to show you that strategy and if you stick to it you will go up in score and in rank.

The young shaolin student at the temple asked, "Master, which is the best style to learn?" The Old Shaolin munk lighting his pipe replied, "They are all equally good and equally different." "Then I should learn them all, shouldn't I?" retorted the young student. to which the master shaolin puffing on the pipe replied, "It could take an enter life time to truly master just one style. But if you truly master just one style, then you may just be able to master them all."

And the morrow of the story is. Just learn one way to play on one map. Master it and then the rest will come. And if you don't have $8.00 for a pack of smokes, then use a pipe instead.
:lol:
An Unproven Hypothesis; The Rise of Ignorance.
Ultimate Proof of Creation. Click the show tab below.
show
Major Viceroy63

Medals: 17
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (1)
Clan Achievement (1) Training Achievement (2) General Contribution (1)

Postby CMetternich on Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:20 am

Hi, Mentoree, skill level 3 - Been here a bit, but need help winning games.

Usually I prefer to play the maps Alexander's Empire, Scotland or Jugoslavia. I am a skilled player of Diplomacy (if anyone here knows that, too) but the force is not with me here. :oops: So I would be thankful to get strategic help.
Lieutenant CMetternich

Standard Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2)

Postby chapcrap on Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:18 pm

Is this still being used? Can someone explain to me the process if so?

I feel like this is old and shouldn't be stickied anymore.
Major chapcrap
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Medals: 167
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (31)
General Achievement (16) Clan Achievement (16) Training Achievement (6) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (34)

Postby agentcom on Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:51 pm

Every once in a while someone posts here. I'm always curious whether they ever find a mentor as a result. Maybe there are people who PM the posters. Some high ranked players might actually like playing with people who are expressing a desire to be better at the game because the high-rankers will gain more points playing with them. Or maybe some clans are checking these guys out. Idk, but I don't think I've ever seen someone come back here and ask why nobody has answered them yet.
Major agentcom

Medals: 70
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (13) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (8)
General Contribution (2)

Postby ThomasM93 on Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:08 am

Mentoree, I would rate myself 3, I would like to be mentored by someone.

I played this game before but I need some help with general strategies and how to win games.

Please contact me :)
Cadet ThomasM93

PreviousNext

Return to Strategy