Conquer Club

Esc. for Beginners pg4---Esc. Intermediate pg8

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Re: Esc. for Beginners pg4---Esc. Intermediate pg8

Postby Sun Tzup on Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:40 pm

Thank you all.
Private 1st Class Sun Tzup

Postby tracedout on Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:19 am

if you stare at the map long enough you can see the future
Major tracedout

Postby joecoolfrog on Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:08 am

Thezzaruz wrote:
joecoolfrog wrote:If you dont leave an easy card then the chances are you wont get one back so you lose armies both ways...not good.

Sure, that's the most basic form of alliances/collusion in a game. But demanding that everyone always does it is a bit much IMO.

Im demanding nothing, simply advising the best tactic, pissing your opponents off in the early stages of a game is not a good idea !
Brigadier joecoolfrog

Postby drake_259 on Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:44 pm

thanks this has helped me out big time
Corporal drake_259

Postby tracedout on Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:47 pm

leaving the easy card is just basic cooperative game theory

sometimes it helps you more to help someone else. sometimes it doesn't.
Major tracedout

Postby Viceroy63 on Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:55 pm

tracedout wrote:leaving the easy card is just basic cooperative game theory

sometimes it helps you more to help someone else. sometimes it doesn't.

First of all let me just say that I did not read the whole thread so if I am repeating someone else comment then I apologize for the infringement.

Actually leaving the easy card, is a bit more than just basic cooperative game theory! In Escalating spoils game, you want the spoils set trade in, to get high as quickly as possible. In a game of 6 players with everyone carding on their turns the game should not last more then 10 or 12 rounds. Usually 6 player escalating games are over by round 8 or 9 although I have seen them end even sooner then that depending on the terrible play that some people do.

Imagine a game where no one is carding except for one player. Sooner or later that player that is carding will eventually win the game because sooner or later he will, little by little take out everyone in the game. In a game with no one carding, then no one is assaulting anyone. And this game is won by assaulting and not just dropping your troops. So the whole point of leaving 1's everywhere is so that others will take them and thus build up the "Card Economy!"

The CE is the number one way to not just replenish your troops for the troops lost on assaulting other regions but also the key method to winning the escalating game. The CE insures that the spoils soon overtake the BZ's (Bonus Zones). So influencing and allowing for others to card on easy card spot is what you basically want in an escalating spoils game. Otherwise you may as well play with no spoils in which case it is the BZ's that determine who eventually wins the games and then you are just fighting for BZ's and not spoils.

The setting of escalating spoils is what make it possible that the BZ's soon lose out any strategical purpose or value in the game so then every player leaving behind easy card spots is the whole reason to escalating spoils. The CE is the game and the strategy then lies in how to deal with and benefit from an ever rising Card Economy!
An Unproven Hypothesis; The Rise of Ignorance.
Ultimate Proof of Creation. Click the show tab below.
show
Major Viceroy63

Location: A little back water, hill billy hick place called Earth.

PreviousNext

Return to Conquer Club Discussion