Conquer Club

01010101 - V1-pg 1

Have an idea for a map? Discuss ideas and concepts here.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

01010101 - V1-pg 1

Postby DiM on Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:35 pm

Map Name: 01010101
Mapmaker(s): DiM & zimmah
Number of Territories: TBA
Special Features: TBA
What Makes This Map Worthy of Being Made: it's awesome

First of all the map will have several images available at once. one for each player, one for the legend and one for the battlearena. then each of these will have several variants according to events that may or may not happen during a game. if all this seems confusing take a peek at this thread: Dynamic Shapeshifting Maps
basically you'll start with a base and then expand getting bonuses then entering a battle arena and smashing your opponent. your very own base image will change according to what terits you own. for example the VR Tunnel will appear as closed and not connected to anything unless you hold all gates.

thanks to this and to the bonus system the map will be very dynamic. bonuses will change from one turn to another, troops will come and go and new paths will be created or broken. i'm also trying to offer various strategies ranging from cautios ones to head on rush tactics. more details can be found in the legend image. the battleground image is not yet available as i'm not sure on how many players i'll make the map for. right now it's 1v1 as there are very few 1v1 maps. but it will be possible to modify it for more players. however it might be rather difficult to switch between so many map images to see what all players are doing.
especially since the map images will be correlated not just through attack routes but also through bonus influences. a terit captured on your base might give you bonuses in the arena or a terit from the arena might attack one in your opponent's base and affect his arena troops.

anyway, here are some drafts to get the idea going. i'll keep on bringing more images and more details later this week and hopefully i'll get some feedback in the meantime.
Map Image:
Blue Base:
Click image to enlarge.
image

Legend:
Click image to enlarge.
image
Last edited by DiM on Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
User avatar
Major DiM
 
Posts: 10415
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:20 pm
Location: making maps for scooby snacks

Re: 01010101 - V1-pg 1

Postby zimmah on Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:23 pm

I just hope this won't be another million lines of XML code dim, I'm still not even halfway on the other monster ;)

Anyway I love your work, your maps are always fun to play and I'll do my best to support the map making process in any way I can.

I'll have a better look later when I am at my computer
Click image to enlarge.
image
User avatar
Major zimmah
 
Posts: 1652
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:43 pm
Location: VDLL

Re: 01010101 - V1-pg 1

Postby DiM on Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:47 pm

years ago i would have received plenty of feedback and maybe even make a couple of versions within the first hours of creating a map thread.
the current state of the foundry makes me kinda sad.
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
User avatar
Major DiM
 
Posts: 10415
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:20 pm
Location: making maps for scooby snacks

Re: 01010101 - V1-pg 1

Postby zimmah on Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:26 am

agreed, the forum is completely dead right now.
Click image to enlarge.
image
User avatar
Major zimmah
 
Posts: 1652
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:43 pm
Location: VDLL

Re: 01010101 - V1-pg 1

Postby thenobodies80 on Sun May 11, 2014 7:25 am

I would give an hand and some feedback, just more i look at the map more I can't get it....lol
It's a bit cryptic now...so forget the pretty images for now and please give me more details about what you want to achieve with this one. :)
As player it's not clear who am I? what I'm playing? why? So before producing tons of images, please explain a bit more in detail "the story to play" you're going to give to players.

Thanks
Nobodies
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class thenobodies80
 
Posts: 5399
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:30 am
Location: Milan

Re: 01010101 - V1-pg 1

Postby DiM on Sun May 11, 2014 12:25 pm

i haven't even started producing tons of images. i planned to but seeing as how nobody bothered to post here i kinda assumed there's no point in continuing.
if i remember correctly a map must have honest interest from the community in order to move forward and apparently this map doesn't.

ignorance is the key word here. this seems to be the case with most of the foundry so at least i can say it's not about this map but rather the foundry as a whole.
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
User avatar
Major DiM
 
Posts: 10415
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:20 pm
Location: making maps for scooby snacks

Re: 01010101 - V1-pg 1

Postby thenobodies80 on Sun May 11, 2014 2:57 pm

as said we will change things soon. If i'm posting here is because at this stage you don't need community interest anymore....
It's stupid to continue to think that someone else on this site is interested in post in the foundry. Simply they want good maps to play but they don't care what we need to do them so...how we do them...it will be just our job. ;)

Forget the foundry we were used to know....there's nothing left of it here. No one is longer interested in spend time on other people project.....if you need inputs or feedback, just ask to me directly....otherwise you'll just waste time.

Follow me and trust me, as soon the new process will be unveiled, things will make more sense and will be simpler and managed differently.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class thenobodies80
 
Posts: 5399
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:30 am
Location: Milan

Re: 01010101 - V1-pg 1

Postby Teflon Kris on Sun May 18, 2014 8:24 pm

Sounds like we will get some interesting news - and hopefully a DiM map in the world of Tron ;-)
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Teflon Kris
 
Posts: 4236
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:39 pm
Location: Lancashire, United Kingdom

Re: 01010101 - V1-pg 1

Postby bigWham on Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:05 pm

thenobodies80 wrote:as said we will change things soon. If i'm posting here is because at this stage you don't need community interest anymore....
It's stupid to continue to think that someone else on this site is interested in post in the foundry. Simply they want good maps to play but they don't care what we need to do them so...how we do them...it will be just our job. ;)

Forget the foundry we were used to know....there's nothing left of it here. No one is longer interested in spend time on other people project.....if you need inputs or feedback, just ask to me directly....otherwise you'll just waste time.

Follow me and trust me, as soon the new process will be unveiled, things will make more sense and will be simpler and managed differently.


... and moments after saying this thenobodies80 spontaneously vaporized into a puff of cosmic dust.

so, back to the exciting maps! i for one would love to see this thing created. cartography has a new leader and the plan will be to streamline things and encourage creative mapmaking while making the process less onerous and lengthy.
User avatar
Colonel bigWham
Webmaster
Webmaster
 
Posts: 2829
Joined: Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:08 pm

Re: 01010101 - V1-pg 1

Postby RedBaron0 on Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:42 pm

bigWham wrote:
thenobodies80 wrote:as said we will change things soon. If i'm posting here is because at this stage you don't need community interest anymore....
It's stupid to continue to think that someone else on this site is interested in post in the foundry. Simply they want good maps to play but they don't care what we need to do them so...how we do them...it will be just our job. ;)

Forget the foundry we were used to know....there's nothing left of it here. No one is longer interested in spend time on other people project.....if you need inputs or feedback, just ask to me directly....otherwise you'll just waste time.

Follow me and trust me, as soon the new process will be unveiled, things will make more sense and will be simpler and managed differently.


... and moments after saying this thenobodies80 spontaneously vaporized into a puff of cosmic dust.

so, back to the exciting maps! i for one would love to see this thing created. cartography has a new leader and the plan will be to streamline things and encourage creative mapmaking while making the process less onerous and lengthy.


And that's me, thanks for the kind words BW! Lets not throw thenobodies under the bus too much, despite the way he has departed the site, he still made many maps for the site, and faithfully lead the Foundry for many years and oversaw a very prosperous time here. We don't know for sure why he left, but I for one hope I can be 1/10th as good as him here. I hope for nothing than the best thenobodies80, and wish him good luck and godspeed in what ever he does in the future.

As for the future, all I can hope for is continued support and innovations from mapmakers like DiM here. This is a wonderful concept and uses some of the newest features quite well. We've got a couple more ideas stewing in our pot as well that use these features as well! We are looking to streamline our process here, keeping up our quality but decreasing the time needed to get maps made. We will be keeping our quality controls up to snuff, the standards we have always kept will continue as always, it just that the CA's will be a bit more active in making sure that that a mapmakers is taking care of players concerns.

So look out in the next couple of weeks as we all revitalize the Foundry!
ImageImage
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class RedBaron0
 
Posts: 2657
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2007 12:59 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: 01010101 - V1-pg 1

Postby codierose on Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:06 am

Dim great looking map will watch with interest how this unfolds =D>
Lieutenant codierose
 
Posts: 1561
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:50 pm
Location: RANDOMBULLSHIT.ORG

Re: 01010101 - V1-pg 1

Postby DiM on Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:31 pm

sorry i haven't posted more on this. the starting feedback was rather scarce and i have taken a new position at work where i'm responsible for restructuring a whole department and that involves lots and lots of work so very little free time for me. however i assure you this is not forgotten and will be done at some point.
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
User avatar
Major DiM
 
Posts: 10415
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:20 pm
Location: making maps for scooby snacks

Re: 01010101 - V1-pg 1

Postby RedBaron0 on Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:03 pm

DiM wrote:sorry i haven't posted more on this. the starting feedback was rather scarce and i have taken a new position at work where i'm responsible for restructuring a whole department and that involves lots and lots of work so very little free time for me. however i assure you this is not forgotten and will be done at some point.


no worries DiM, I completely understand. ;)

Get on it as time permits.
ImageImage
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class RedBaron0
 
Posts: 2657
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2007 12:59 pm
Location: Pennsylvania


Return to Melting Pot: Map Ideas

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users