Conquer Club

Israel and Palestinian Territories Map

Map suggestions, ideas and drafts... They all start life on the Drawing Board.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Israel and Palestinian Territories Map

Postby andrewmac32 on Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:48 am

Map Name: Israel and Palestinian Territories
Mapmaker(s): andrewmac32
Number of Territories: 23
Special Features: Incorporates the complicated geopolitical issue of Palestine and advances gameplay strategy by utilizing Gaza, an isolated region even though it is still part of Palestine.
What Makes This Map Worthy of Being Made: Simply put, its a new map that's fun to play on and provides a new geographic region (although middle east is available it spans turkey to egypt to saudi a arabia to russia and is much broader than this. israel is only a single territory). It modernizes Israel and advances the ancient map.

Map Image:

Small Image:
http://i350.photobucket.com/albums/q409 ... yf3oyc.png

I am looking for advice on a fair troop bonus for holding each region. I'm thinking Jerusalem will be +1. Please give any feedback good or bad and let me know if I'm missing anything else
Last edited by andrewmac32 on Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Private andrewmac32

Re: Israel and Palestinian Territories Map

Postby IcePack on Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:49 am

There is a Israel map already (tribal wars - ancient Israel) so I wouldn't call it a new geographic region.

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby andrewmac32 on Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:15 pm

Thank you for the reply - that's true there is a tribal war map but that is Ancient Israel, this is modern day Israel with the incorporation of Palestine and presents an entirely different map
Private andrewmac32

Postby riskllama on Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:08 pm

I like it, pls proceed.
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby Thorthoth on Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:41 pm

The Sea of Galilee should be in Galilee. Change 'Zefat' to 'Galilee', and change the old 'Galilee' to 'Golan' or 'Dan' or maybe 'Hermon".

Also include Sinai, Jordan, Syria and Lebanon as non-bonus territories.

If you really want to add complexity you could put some kind of hop connection to Foreign Arms Deal 'Territories around the edge of the map. (U.S., Russia, EU, Iran, etc).
THORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTH
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Thorthoth

Postby andrewmac32 on Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:45 pm

Since Zefat is a subsection of Galilee I think it's appropriate to keep the regions as they are, although I thank you for your response. As for the suggestion about Sinai, Jordan, and the others I feel this would not work with the map because the whole idea is to have a map of Israel & Palestine, not a map of middle eastern countries near Israel. Thank you for your time and input though!
Private andrewmac32

Postby Symmetry on Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:50 pm

Seems like a needlessly offensive map suggestion to me. Making maps about wars and military disputes that are currently happening, or about lands and their peoples who are currently suffering is a recipe for argument that the site has other avenues for debate over.

Given that you posted this after a mod locked your previous near identical thread, I think you want an argument.

Maybe post in the forums where the debate you want can be found?
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby Thorthoth on Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:04 pm

No, my ideas improved the map and they should be incorporated.

Following what I decree or sucking are the only two options available to you...and all mankind.
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Thorthoth

Postby andrewmac32 on Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:05 pm

Symmetry wrote:Seems like a needlessly offensive map suggestion to me. Making maps about wars and military disputes that are currently happening, or about lands and their peoples who are currently suffering is a recipe for argument that the site has other avenues for debate over.

Given that you posted this after a mod locked your previous near identical thread, I think you want an argument.

Maybe post in the forums where the debate you want can be found?

You misunderstand me. I'm new to conquer club and this was my first time posting to a forum so I'm assuming it was a duplicate error on my part. This map is not meant to be offensive. I find it hard that you could perceive it as such, for cartography is not a subjective business. I seek no argument only to make a new map. The way its portrayed is the way its been for years. Israel holds the sea bordering land (save the Gaza strip) and Palestine holds the easternmore land.
Private andrewmac32

Postby andrewmac32 on Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:06 pm

Thorthoth wrote:No, my ideas improved the map and they should be incorporated.

Following what I decree or sucking are the only two options available to you...and all mankind.

Seems a bit brash but noted. Thank you for your input
Private andrewmac32

Postby Symmetry on Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:08 pm

Thorthoth wrote:No, my ideas improved the map and they should be incorporated.

Meh- the previous discussion was locked, this just seems like taking advantage of the previous mod being offline.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby andrewmac32 on Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:11 pm

Again I think that was an error on my part. Still getting the hang of this whole thing
Private andrewmac32

Postby Thorthoth on Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:12 pm

'Locking' a discussion that people still want to discuss shall always be an exercise in futility.
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Thorthoth

Postby TotoroHat on Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:51 pm

!!!!!
Last edited by TotoroHat on Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Private TotoroHat

Postby Vlasov on Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:55 am

This map has possibilities.

TotoroHat has a good suggestion about showing Jerusalem as an inset, like LA and San Francisco on the California map.

I also agree with Thorthoth's suggestion of adding the border regions of Lebanon, Syria, Jordan, and Egypt as neutral (non-bonus) territories. Jordan and Egypt could each have 2 or 3 border territories, since their borders are bigger.

About maps based on current conflicts: It shouldn't be a problem for players if they have no axe to grind.

I play on another *Risk*-type gaming site that has a few maps that are deliberately based on current or recent political/military conflicts -- Ukraine, Syria, Libya, and Venezuela. I think such maps are even educational, if they are geographically accurate.
Cadet Vlasov

Postby AdamWilson90 on Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:50 am

I have several considerations on this topic. I graduated from the university with a major in general history and wrote a dissertation on The strategy and tactics of Israel with regard to the Palestinian problem at the turn of the twentieth century. The Palestinian problem became the dominant not only of Israel's foreign, but also of its domestic policies, and the justification and justification of the expansionist course in the Palestinian direction is a priority task for the leaders of this state.

Postby AdamWilson90 on Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:53 am

New Recruit AdamWilson90

Postby MichaelBoyd on Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:46 am

Yes, it`s a good map for it, and maybe if you interested in history or another lessons you can (Mod Edit: removed spam link) on that site )
New Recruit MichaelBoyd

Postby iAmCaffeine on Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:09 am

Here we learned Sym has been sabotaging decent maps for a while.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby Marry on Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:12 pm

:P :D Wow, it is very nice. I would like to visit there. But now I have much homework tasks which I must do it. If I Mod edit (dk) spam link removed we can visit interesting places, because I don't spend my time on boring homework.
New Recruit Marry

Postby Symmetry on Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:52 pm

Now we learn that this was a thread and map idea that the mods constantly would have to intervene in.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby AmandaMorgan on Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:52 am

I like this map and I think it's okay. No ideas on how to make it better. By the way, if you interested in geography you can find useful articles on Mod edit (dk): spam link removed.
New Recruit AmandaMorgan

Postby Dukasaur on Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:06 am

AmandaMorgan wrote:I like this map and I think it's okay. No ideas on how to make it better. By the way, if you interested in geography you can find useful articles on().

Oh, Amanda! You look so pretty. Sadly, linking to commercial spam is verboten on this site.
Major Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby 2dimes on Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:14 pm

Get this map quenched so we can play against spam bots. Someone might want to remove the link in AdamWilson90's signature.
Corporal 2dimes

Next

Return to Drafting Room