Conquer Club

New World Map

Map suggestions, ideas and drafts... They all start life on the Drawing Board.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

New World Map

Postby ferranmclaren on Tue May 22, 2018 2:12 pm

I made this map using Photoshop, everything can still be adjusted. I am hoping this map could be implemented into the game by someone else because I don't think I will be able to do this by myself.
I hope you all like my design and I hope that I have correctly put the links in this topic.

Map Name: Well I am open for good suggestions
Mapmaker(s): Me ferranmclaren
Number of Territories: 50
Special Features: None
What Makes This Map Worthy of Being Made: This map could fill the gap (being of a middle size) between the small world map: Classic and the large world map: World 2.1 , while also giving a new perspective of the layout of the continents with some interesting connections between provinces. The style of the map is based on elements of classical risk maps.

Map Image: https://imageshack.com/a/img921/6231/Xqz0O0.png
Private 1st Class ferranmclaren

Medals: 1
Standard Achievement (1)

Re: New World Map

Postby Dukasaur on Tue May 22, 2018 3:30 pm

ferranmclaren wrote:This map could fill the gap (being of a middle size) between the small world map: Classic and the large world map: World 2.1 ,

The Land and Sea map fills this gap nicely already. It's a world map intermediate in size between Classic and World 2.1.

ferranmclaren wrote:I made this map using Photoshop, everything can still be adjusted. I am hoping this map could be implemented into the game by someone else because I don't think I will be able to do this by myself.

It's always possible to find someone to help. For starters, though, you need to be making your map in layers. A single-layered image won't work. I don't know if photoshop supports layers, you may need to start out in something like gimp or inkscape before you go too far. I would really suggest reading the Mapmaker Handbook.
Mapmaker Handbook

ferranmclaren wrote:The style of the map is based on elements of classical risk maps.

It looks very Risk-like, which is the third problem I see. I notice that Hasbro has just pulled its Scrabble and Monopoly licenses from Pogo, which could mean there is going to be a new push this summer for a Hasbro Online. This could be the worst possible time to be putting out anything even remotely Risk-flavoured.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Medals: 220
Monthly Leader Silver (1) Event Gold (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3)
Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (4) Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1)
Bot Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (25) Clan Achievement (26)
Training Achievement (3) Challenge Achievement (27) Tournament Contribution (32) General Contribution (19)

Postby riskllama on Tue May 22, 2018 8:14 pm

i like it, ferran. much better than land & sea.
Captain riskllama

Medals: 54
Most Improved Silver (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (4)
Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (2)

Postby ferranmclaren on Wed May 23, 2018 3:10 am

I didn't knew the land and sea map. Photoshop uses different layers atm the background is one layer all province names are other layers.
Private 1st Class ferranmclaren

Medals: 1
Standard Achievement (1)

Return to Drafting Room