Conquer Club

Changes you would make as the new owner of CC

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Re: Changes you would make as the new owner of CC

Postby Symmetry on Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:05 am

Hm, I want to suggest a few ideas for new players playing games. They need to see a reward.
A few minor trophies- first territory conquered, first continent, first win... Even some points for winning vs a bot.

Earn an extra freemium game?

I'm no coder, but perhaps these could be coded into the logs so that they appear as they are achieved?

Just an idea.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby mookiemcgee on Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:16 pm

Symmetry wrote:Hm, I want to suggest a few ideas for new players playing games. They need to see a reward.
A few minor trophies- first territory conquered, first continent, first win... Even some points for winning vs a bot.

I'm no coder, but perhaps these could be coded into the logs so that they appear as they are achieved?

Just an idea.

Coder? You aren't even a player! Just a forum troll...
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby Symmetry on Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:17 pm

mookiemcgee wrote:
Symmetry wrote:Hm, I want to suggest a few ideas for new players playing games. They need to see a reward.

Just an idea.

:roll:

I'm not in the mood for a flame war, mook. Either consider the idea or dismiss it. Hell, claim it as your own if you want. You be you, ok, mook?
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby mookiemcgee on Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:31 pm

Symmetry wrote:
mookiemcgee wrote:

Just an idea.

:roll:

I'm not in the mood for a flame war, mook. Either consider the idea or dismiss it. Hell, claim it as your own if you want. You be you, ok, mook?

Yeah I'm dismissing your idea bro. It would be better if we stuck to ideas that came from people who play the game, not the forum. That's me being me ok bro?

74 completed bro.... Since 2007...
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby Symmetry on Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:06 pm

mookiemcgee wrote:
Symmetry wrote:I'm not in the mood for a flame war, mook. Either consider the idea or dismiss it. Hell, claim it as your own if you want. You be you, ok, mook?

Yeah I'm dismissing your idea bro.

Cool beans, kid.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby mookiemcgee on Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:18 pm

Symmetry wrote:
mookiemcgee wrote:
Symmetry wrote:I'm not in the mood for a flame war, mook. Either consider the idea or dismiss it. Hell, claim it as your own if you want. You be you, ok, mook?

It would be better if we stuck to ideas that came from people who play the game, not the forum.

Cool beans, kid.

Are we getting into your classic 'this thread won't end unless Symm get's the last word' routine?

hopefully not, but cheers old man!
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby Symmetry on Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:31 pm

mookiemcgee wrote:
Symmetry wrote:
mookiemcgee wrote:

It would be better if we stuck to ideas that came from people who play the game, not the forum.

Cool beans, kid.

Are we getting into your classic 'this thread won't end unless Symm get's the last word' routine?

mookiemcgee wrote:I'm not that petty
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby mookiemcgee on Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:36 pm

Symmetry wrote:
mookiemcgee wrote:
Symmetry wrote:
mookiemcgee wrote:

Cool beans, kid.

Yeah that's what I thought
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby Symmetry on Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:39 pm

mookiemcgee wrote:
Symmetry wrote:
mookiemcgee wrote:
Symmetry wrote:
mookiemcgee wrote:

Cool beans, kid.

Yeah that's what I thought

Sure you did... :D
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby mookiemcgee on Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:08 am

Even if you don't enjoy risk, you do seem to revel in trolling
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby Symmetry on Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:37 am

mookiemcgee wrote:Even if you don't enjoy risk, you do seem to revel in trolling

I get a certain sense of satisfaction out of seeing it done so poorly, true. You've never seen a movie so bad that it's good?

Are we done?

This is a thread that should get back on topic.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby Symmetry on Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:37 am

Hm, I want to suggest a few ideas for new players playing games. They need to see a reward.

Just an idea.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby mookiemcgee on Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:59 am

I'd like to suggest limiting forum post to match number of games completed. This would seriously cut back on the epidemic of 'fremium forum trolls', and get the focus of this site back onto rolling dice.
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby Symmetry on Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:23 am

mookiemcgee wrote:I'd like to suggest limiting forum post to match number of games completed. This would seriously cut back on the epidemic of 'fremium forum trolls', and get the focus of this site back onto rolling dice.

Hey mook. I like the new you making suggestions and asking for input better than the old you.

I've read your idea and here is why I dislike it:

1) I don't see how new players would be able to join the community.
2) If a player ran out of wins, they'd have to stop posting in the middle of a discussion.
3) Oh dear god, please don't make this site about rolling dice. It would drive every mod insane (no offence Duk)
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby mookiemcgee on Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:25 am

Symmetry wrote:
mookiemcgee wrote:I'd like to suggest limiting forum post to match number of games completed. This would seriously cut back on the epidemic of 'fremium forum trolls', and get the focus of this site back onto rolling dice.

Hey mook. I like the new you making suggestions and asking for input better than the old you.

I've read your idea and here is why I dislike it:

1) I don't see how new players would be able to join the community.
2) If a player ran out of wins, they'd have to stop posting in the middle of a discussion.
3) Oh dear god, please don't make this site about rolling dice. It would drive every mod insane (no offence Duk)

1) assuming new players actually played the game it wouldn't be an issue. No limit on PM'ing people with questions or to chat, it would just act as a barrier to people that want to post nonsense and troll with no real intention of helping 'the community'.

2) I said nothing about wins. And if they wanted to post more in the forums and play less, they could buy premium, or alternatively they could actually help the community by keeping the gaming side of this site more active in order to keep posting in the forums. I understand if you aren't that aware of conversation regarding the game since you don't actually play it

3)This site is supposed to be about rolling dice, easy to forget after 11 years of just charging people a toll for crossing your forum bridge.

Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby Symmetry on Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:35 pm

I don't think your idea really works out tbh, Mook. It seems designed to stop people coming to CC, rather than to encourage them to join or remain once they've joined.

It's a stick, rather than a carrot, if you like. Now I get that your MO is to attack me personally- you're not the first hetero bloke to be uncomfortable talking with me, and you're not gonna be the last. Let's keep the flames in OT, if you really feel the need to continue though.

So in reply,

1) New players don't always know much about chat, nor necessarily know who to PM. I'm very supportive of getting new players involved in the community. Your suggestion limits the interactions between new members and the community.
2) Fair point, you actually said "games completed", although it doesn't really matter. A member would still be unable to talk to someone in the middle of a conversation.
3) Dear God, please don't make this a thread about how CC is all about rolling dice. There's a thread for bitching about the dice.

Cool pic, btw. Suits you.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby mookiemcgee on Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:03 pm

Symmetry wrote:I don't think your idea really works out tbh, Mook. It seems designed to stop people coming to CC, rather than to encourage them to join or remain once they've joined.

It's a stick, rather than a carrot, if you like. Now I get that your MO is to attack me personally- you're not the first hetero bloke to be uncomfortable talking with me, and you're not gonna be the last. Let's keep the flames in OT, if you really feel the need to continue though.

So in reply,

1) New players don't always know much about chat, nor necessarily know who to PM. I'm very supportive of getting new players involved in the community. Your suggestion limits the interactions between new members and the community.
2) Fair point, you actually said "games completed", although it doesn't really matter. A member would still be unable to talk to someone in the middle of a conversation.
3) Dear God, please don't make this a thread about how CC is all about rolling dice. There's a thread for bitching about the dice.

Your opinion might be different if you actually played the game, or perhaps paid the sites membership fee. A point you will clearly never accept or acknowledge.

If we take you as an example:

1.) you don't play the game
2.) you've been an active forum troll for 11 years
3.) you don't pay anything to be part of the site

Clearly having a free available forum for people who don't play the game hasn't resulted in your paid membership nor you participating in increasing the player pool for games. You do however 'tax' the system of the site by participating in the forum (alot). The site has overhead costs, and you don't contribute to them, but you tax the system. In a sense the site could operate more efficiently/cheaply without you, and your existence here basically results in a higher cost of membership for people like me who do contribute $'s. Forcing forum troll to pay up or move on would resulted in a lower potential price for membership overall and one would expect a rise in membership at a new lower cost... and perhaps renewed interest for people who quit because it 'got too expensive' or 'the forum's are overrun with trolls, and it's annoying'.

My suggestion is much more likely to have a positive effect on the game and the sites health, than a suggestion coming from a freeloading forum troll.... I mean case and point, you don't ask a reality TV star to be president right? Why would you ask a forum troll to redesign a gaming site... you wouldn't.

I'm sorry you feel personally attacked, its not personal it's just reality though bro. I'm pointing out obvious things, and if it makes you uncomfortable maybe you should buy a membership it might ease that guilt your feeling.
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby Symmetry on Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:29 am

mookiemcgee wrote:
Symmetry wrote:I don't think your idea really works out tbh, Mook. It seems designed to stop people coming to CC, rather than to encourage them to join or remain once they've joined.

So in reply,

Your opinion might be different if you actually played the game, or perhaps paid the sites membership fee. A point you will clearly never accept or acknowledge.

If we take you as an example:

1.) you don't play the game
2.) you've been an active forum troll for 11 years
3.) you don't pay anything to be part of the site

Clearly having a free available forum for people who don't play the game hasn't resulted in your paid membership nor you participating in increasing the player pool for games. You do however 'tax' the system of the site by participating in the forum (alot). The site has overhead costs, and you don't contribute to them, but you tax the system. In a sense the site could operate more efficiently/cheaply without you, and your existence here basically results in a higher cost of membership for people like me who do contribute $'s. Forcing forum troll to pay up or move on would resulted in a lower potential price for membership overall and one would expect a rise in membership at a new lower cost... and perhaps renewed interest for people who quit because it 'got too expensive' or 'the forum's are overrun with trolls, and it's annoying'.

My suggestion is much more likely to have a positive effect on the game and the sites health, than a suggestion coming from a freeloading forum troll.... I mean case and point, you don't ask a reality TV star to be president right? Why would you ask a forum troll to redesign a gaming site... you wouldn't.

I'm sorry you feel personally attacked, its not personal it's just reality though bro. I'm pointing out obvious things, and if it makes you uncomfortable maybe you should buy a membership it might ease that guilt your feeling.

Wow, ok. Someone woke up under the wrong side of the bridge today. Here's the thing, I know you don't like me. That's your prerogative. I've offered you a place to take out your anger elsewhere- start an OT thread- the offer still stands.

I just don't think your idea is a good one, and from your posts, it seems that you're more interested in pushing people away rather than engaging with them. That seems like a wrong approach for the site.

If an idea is helpful to the site, it should be judged on its worth. Not whether someone paid money to suggest it. What you're suggesting is essentially lobbying via money. "This idea is better because I'm giving you some cash". No Mook, I don't agree with that line of reasoning.

Never have, and never will.

That's not trolling, that's having principles.

Next time you want to call someone a troll, look in a mirror- you'll certainly see symmetry, but it won't be me.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby mookiemcgee on Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:55 pm

I wish I could say i value your input, but it would be silly to value the opinion of a leech. Business stay alive by making money, not by implementing ideas from leeches/trolls who don't know what they are talking about.
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby Symmetry on Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:55 am

mookiemcgee wrote:I wish I could say i value your input, but it would be silly to value the opinion of a leech. Business stay alive by making money, not by implementing ideas from leeches/trolls who don't know what they are talking about.

A good business values ideas on whether they are good or not. End of, mook. A more integrated achievement system, if it's possible, would reward newer players in game.

That doesn't seem like a monstrous thing to float as an idea.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby iAmCaffeine on Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:18 am

Good businesses may appreciate an idea that isn't good, but it isn't valuable to them. Just like the opinion of those who leech off the service.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby Symmetry on Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:29 am

iAmCaffeine wrote:Good businesses may appreciate an idea that isn't good, but it isn't valuable to them. Just like the opinion of those who leech off the service.

Ok, that doesn't really make sense either.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby iAmCaffeine on Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:26 am

Symmetry wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:Good businesses may appreciate an idea that isn't good, but it isn't valuable to them. Just like the opinion of those who leech off the service.

Ok, that doesn't really make sense either.

:)
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby mookiemcgee on Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:46 pm

Symmetry wrote:
mookiemcgee wrote:I wish I could say i value your input, but it would be silly to value the opinion of a leech. Business stay alive by making money, not by implementing ideas from leeches/trolls who don't know what they are talking about.

A good business values ideas on whether they are good or not.

That doesn't seem like a monstrous thing to float as an idea.

Hmmm... A good business values bad ideas? That does seem like a monstrous idea to float.

I guess if you Symm define good as: having a positive influence even if they fail because they never make money.

I would define a good business as one that makes money and survives... generally they do this by only valuing the good ideas.
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby HitRed on Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:06 pm

Symm said, A good business values ideas on whether they are good or not.

Businesses avoid bad ideas unless a city, state or national law forces them to.

A business has one goal...survival. Making money helps that.
Captain HitRed

PreviousNext

Return to Conquer Club Discussion