Conquer Club

Something Needs to be Done w/ Josko's Account

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Re: Reset Josko's Points

Postby betiko on Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:01 am

iAmCaffeine wrote:I agree with half of what you said and the other half is irrelevant.

the funny thing is that if you agree with the first half I said, then you agree that your entire thread is actually irrelevant.
Major betiko

Postby betiko on Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:01 am

Extreme Ways wrote:
betiko wrote:i don't really see any solution to this. anyways, reseting it to 1000 is dumb cause he can do it in the span of 7-8 speed games. who cares. do people care when a high ranker plays a doodle against a stripper and gets +70pts loss? the points mean jack shit anyways.
I've lost 500 points in a few days for playing speed games, was almost back to general and i m now a colonel. this system means jack shit. you can't play games for fun and games competitively. and games for fun have much bigger impact on your score than competitive games. that's one of the reasons why i feel like quitting this once i'm done with the CC8. the game restricts you from playing for fun on stupid settings and to be competitive at the same time.

If I would have 5 waiting games and Josko would join all 5, me winning 2/5, I would be pissed as hell for losing me almost 300 points. I don't care much about points, but that doesnt mean I want to throw them away.

just foe him until he gets a half decent score then
Major betiko

Re: Something Needs to be Done w/ Josko's Account

Postby betiko on Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:04 am

shoop76 wrote:I think it is very interesting when this happens. I did the same thing about a year ago. Was totally burnt out on cc and had some rl issues. Was also in a bunch of autotournaments and my score dropped a lot. Would be great to have some system in place for these tournaments though I know it would be difficult to do so mid tourney.

not that hard... bring in saxibot and his bot friends. I wonder if they'd be a better competition than a deadbeat though
Major betiko

Postby iAmCaffeine on Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:46 am

betiko wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:I agree with half of what you said and the other half is irrelevant.

the funny thing is that if you agree with the first half I said, then you agree that your entire thread is actually irrelevant.

I never stated which half I agreed with.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby riskllama on Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:49 am

ban him for a month and reset all his medals to bronze - that'll fix him.
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby BabySasuke on Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:51 pm

who cares about the medal for most improved anyways, just give him 1600 points and move on, reasonable amount he could move up to his rank with, and not unreasonable enough to not have him play?
Major BabySasuke

Postby Dukasaur on Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:38 am

MyNameIsJack wrote:who cares about the medal for most improved anyways, just give him 1600 points and move on, reasonable amount he could move up to his rank with, and not unreasonable enough to not have him play?

You have very few medals, so at this point it's still easy to get more and seems like no big deal. As you move up the ladder and start to max out in various categories, it gets harder and harder to find things to get medals for. Cycling his scores up and down has earned josko quite a few most improved medals, and it's one of the ways he's stayed ahead of the pack.
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby 2dimes on Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:53 am

MyNameIsJack wrote:who cares about the medal ...

You must not befamiliar with the player they are talking about. He does.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby riskllama on Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:51 am

it's coming home, lads... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby BabySasuke on Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:09 am

Do you really think that Josko is plumpeting on purpose for one more most improved?
Major BabySasuke

Postby Extreme Ways on Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:40 pm

He got guested.
TOFU, ex-REP, ex-VDLL, ex-KoRT.
General Extreme Ways

Postby iAmCaffeine on Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:54 pm

Only until he returns.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby 2dimes on Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:50 pm

MyNameIsJack wrote:Do you really think that Josko is plumpeting on purpose for one more most improved?

Possibly.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby Dukasaur on Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:48 pm

MyNameIsJack wrote:Do you really think that Josko is plumpeting on purpose for one more most improved?

No, I wasn't saying that. I'm pretty sure this is something more serious. For him to be away this long and this uncommunicative points to some kind of R/L difficulty. I don't think he'd be gone this long without something serious going on.

However, there have been cycles in his score in the past, and considerable suspicion around some of those. So, even though this one is probably NOT deliberate, it naturally has people thinking about the fact that when he comes back he will get yet another Most Improved medal and that has people understandably concerned.
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby iAmCaffeine on Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:17 pm

I believe he has communicated as to why he's absent to the people to whom it is relevant. He was also getting cover from his usual sitter(s) but it cannot go on indefinitely.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby .SCuD. on Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:30 pm

I think we should force Josko to be Conquerer again... start him on 9000... screw that guy.
Brigadier .SCuD.

Postby nietzsche on Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:12 pm

.SCuD. wrote:I think we should force Josko to be Conquerer again... start him on 9000... screw that guy.

POTY 2018.
el cartoncito mas triste del mundo
General nietzsche

Postby BabySasuke on Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:33 pm

sigh
Major BabySasuke

Postby elfish_lad on Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:27 am

nietzsche wrote:
.SCuD. wrote:I think we should force Josko to be Conquerer again... start him on 9000... screw that guy.

POTY 2018.

+1
Major elfish_lad

Postby Symmetry on Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:01 am

Symmetry wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:Updated.

You've also accused him of cheating and/or abuse of the rules.

https://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=228608

iAmCaffeine wrote:I didn’t accuse him of anything and I already put that link in my post. Troll somewhere else.

Dude, that's literally your post about him in the cheating and abuse forum. What were you trying to say about the guy if not that he was cheating or abusing the site? That he was a bug that needed reporting? Wrong forum for that iAC.

Continue your weird little crusades against individual members elsewhere, buddy.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby mookiemcgee on Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:43 am

Symmetry wrote:
Symmetry wrote:

iAmCaffeine wrote:I didn’t accuse him of anything and I already put that link in my post. Troll somewhere else.

Dude, that's literally your post about him in the cheating and abuse forum. What were you trying to say about the guy if not that he was cheating or abusing the site? That he was a bug that needed reporting? Wrong forum for that iAC.

Continue your weird little crusades against individual members elsewhere, buddy.

It must be extra hard to troll in threads about the game you don't play. Auto tournaments is what his complaint was about not cheating and it was a good enough complaint that something was done about it by the mods. Maybe you'd know what you were talking about if you ever played an auto tourney
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby iAmCaffeine on Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:55 am

Symmetry wrote:
Symmetry wrote:

You're the only one on a weird little crusade I'm afraid.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby Arama86n on Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:43 am

Extreme Ways wrote:He got guested.
Major Arama86n

Postby Symmetry on Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:54 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:
Symmetry wrote:
Symmetry wrote:

You're the only one on a weird little crusade I'm afraid.

No need to be afraid, I was simply pointing out the truth in reply to your posts. If you're right, then there was no need to lie about accusing him.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby All Black Rugby on Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:37 am

For those who don't know, Josko's absence is for real and valid reasons. He has shared with some of us, it is believable and we believe him. And no we're not at liberty to disclose the reason, it's his business and he alone can tell who he wants to.
The reason has nothing to do with manipulation of score to achieve a great bounce-back and monthly medal(s). Guys are being mischievous and slanderous if they think and/or suggest that.
If it was for the monthly medal, he could have come back before now and won it. He doesn't need to drop this low to win it.
Cut him some slack guys. He has done so much for this site and is one of the really interesting guys on CC.
Huge respect to him.
Colonel All Black Rugby

PreviousNext

Return to Conquer Club Discussion