Conquer Club

Trolls in global chat

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Should these trolls be banned?

pmac666
4
27%
nomad_patriot
7
47%
both
4
27%
 
Total votes : 15

Re: Trolls in global chat

Postby Bernie Sanders on Tue May 07, 2019 4:52 am

NomadPatriot wrote:
iAmCaffine wrote:Are you saying you didn't know you can click something to display forum posts from someone on your foe list?.

EvilSemp wrote:I have never used the foe list. So YES is the answer to your question

Evil Semp
Multi Hunter
Posts: 7795
Joined: Sun Jul 02, 2006

…. basically 13 years as a member on this website..
almost 7,800 forum posts..
designated CC Representative

--> doesn't know how the Foe Function works in Forums........ :-s
Image


What's sad is you using Trump to say sad.

Thee most ridiculous President that America ever had. Donald "Lt Bone Spurs" Trump aka Commander in Chief, lol.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Bernie Sanders
 
Posts: 5207
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:30 pm
Medals: 13
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: Trolls in global chat

Postby Elaterate on Tue May 07, 2019 2:05 pm

pmac666 wrote:
Not tolerated at all; NO FORMS of bigotry are permitted in Chat anytime anywhere.

from cambridge dictionary:
the fact of having and expressing strong, unreasonable beliefs and disliking other people who have different beliefs or a different way of life:
religious/racial bigotry

from dictionary.com:
stubborn and complete intolerance of any creed, belief, or opinion that differs from one's own.

have the responsible ppl ever read that chat or is there another definition of bigotry?


Beating a dead horse there pmac... that has been asked multiple times and never addressed

pmac666 wrote:and yes, i make the stay for some ppl unpleasant by standing up to them (thats the plan), but so do they for me and im sure for many other ppl who dont even try to chat there, with their daily cultish behaviour and bigotry.


That's about all the "trolling" I've ever seen pmac do D3. All the political garbage that goes on in GC is 10x worse for GC and the site in general then anything I've ever seen pmac666 say in GC. The amount of bigotry that is allowed is overwhelming and one of many reasons I will be leaving CC once my TO obligations are fulfilled.
User avatar
Colonel Elaterate
 
Posts: 767
Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:58 am
Location: My House
Medals: 102
Monthly Leader Silver (1) Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Event Gold (2) Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3)
Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1)
Bot Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (5) Challenge Achievement (9)
Tournament Contribution (30) General Contribution (1)

Re: Trolls in global chat

Postby iAmCaffeine on Tue May 07, 2019 2:08 pm

It's not just limited to the chat. Racism has been tolerated several times in forums too.
Image
User avatar
Major iAmCaffeine
 
Posts: 9999
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:38 pm
Medals: 149
The Championships Bronze (1) Conquer Cup Bronze Achievement (1) Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4)
Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (4)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (4) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2)
Battle Royale Achievement (3) Bot Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (26) General Achievement (12)
Clan Achievement (19) Training Achievement (1) Challenge Achievement (7) Tribe Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (10)

Re: Trolls in global chat

Postby Elaterate on Tue May 07, 2019 2:52 pm

Keefie wrote:Rather foolish to foe chat mods in Global Chat.



yes and no keefie ;) If I foed Razor it wouldn't make a bit of a difference in my time in GC because out of the 100+ times I've said hello to him I think I've got a response 2 or 3 times :( lol

The majority of the games he plays with the community are basically for the veterans to win and for the newer members to try and figure out how to play if they're lucky enough to know it's even going on (example: Golden Egg 2019... I didn't see this until it was over)
User avatar
Colonel Elaterate
 
Posts: 767
Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:58 am
Location: My House
Medals: 102
Monthly Leader Silver (1) Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Event Gold (2) Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3)
Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1)
Bot Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (5) Challenge Achievement (9)
Tournament Contribution (30) General Contribution (1)

Re: Trolls in global chat

Postby Dukasaur on Tue May 07, 2019 3:17 pm

Elaterate wrote:
Keefie wrote:Rather foolish to foe chat mods in Global Chat.



yes and no keefie ;) If I foed Razor it wouldn't make a bit of a difference in my time in GC because out of the 100+ times I've said hello to him I think I've got a response 2 or 3 times :( lol

The majority of the games he plays with the community are basically for the veterans to win and for the newer members to try and figure out how to play if they're lucky enough to know it's even going on (example: Golden Egg 2019... I didn't see this until it was over)

Sometimes things aren't properly announced, but in this case you have no excuse. The Golden Egg contest was properly announced within minutes of being posted. If you don't check new announcements as one of the first things you do when you log on, you have no excuse.
Image
User avatar
Major Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator
 
Posts: 22402
Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:49 pm
Location: Beautiful Niagara
Medals: 235
Monthly Leader Silver (1) Event Gold (2) Event Bronze (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3)
Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (4) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (26)
Clan Achievement (30) Training Achievement (3) Challenge Achievement (32) Tournament Contribution (32) General Contribution (21)

Re: Trolls in global chat

Postby Evil Semp on Tue May 07, 2019 4:47 pm

NomadPatriot wrote:
Evil Semp wrote:I am a total failure.


Image


Another night without sleep.

How is that FOE feature working for you?
Image
User avatar
Captain Evil Semp
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter
 
Posts: 7858
Joined: Sun Jul 02, 2006 8:50 pm
Medals: 113
Most Improved Silver (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (2)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (23)
General Achievement (9) Clan Achievement (14) Tribe Achievement (1) General Contribution (22)

Re: Trolls in global chat

Postby Elaterate on Tue May 07, 2019 4:54 pm

Dukasaur wrote:Sometimes things aren't properly announced, but in this case you have no excuse. The Golden Egg contest was properly announced within minutes of being posted. If you don't check new announcements as one of the first things you do when you log on, you have no excuse.



I could start this with Jesus really??? or... Umm yes, yes I do and I just gave it.

When a new player makes an account does the site suggest that they should check announcements daily?

I guess it needs to be explained in detail? The "announcements" are not something newer players look at or even SEE. I've tried to explain this to you before but here goes again.... You are a vet of the site so everything about it seems pretty easy to navigate and find but it's NOT. I've been here for a year now and very rarely look at the announcements because of how small and secluded it is on the side of my screen. When a new announcement shows up it's not obvious to most players or there would be more participation in most of the events IMO. When I do notice a new announcement it's usually a couple of days after it was posted because they are not in your face promo's like the Easter Event.

Was the Golden Egg "properly announced"? I have no clue and don't care. You obviously missed my point and telling my I have "no excuse" to say why I missed it is kinda rude. Sorry I haven't been around for X+ years and decided to speak out in fun of Razor asking for people to say bad things about him (not on this thread obviously but I thought it fit here to mention what I said). If Razor wasn't on the hunt for bad press I wouldn't have said anything about this cause I could care less if I miss out on any events. Maybe if you or anyone would care about more players participating in the events you would ask why I/they missed out instead of just being rude.
User avatar
Colonel Elaterate
 
Posts: 767
Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:58 am
Location: My House
Medals: 102
Monthly Leader Silver (1) Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Event Gold (2) Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3)
Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1)
Bot Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (5) Challenge Achievement (9)
Tournament Contribution (30) General Contribution (1)

Re: Trolls in global chat

Postby Jdsizzleslice on Tue May 07, 2019 5:04 pm

They also place important announcements right under the game menu. Every player sees this.
User avatar
Colonel Jdsizzleslice
Clan Director
Clan Director
 
Posts: 2268
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:55 pm
Location: Alabama
Medals: 125
Monthly Leader Gold (1) Monthly Leader Silver (1) Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Most Improved Gold (1) Event Bronze (1)
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (4) Bot Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (11) Clan Achievement (4) Challenge Achievement (14) Tribe Achievement (1)

Re: Trolls in global chat

Postby Elaterate on Tue May 07, 2019 5:35 pm

Jdsizzleslice wrote:They also place important announcements right under the game menu. Every player sees this.



Elaterate wrote: very rarely look at the announcements because of how small and secluded it is on the side of my screen.


No, no they don't. Do they have the ability to see it? Yes. But do they? Not always.
User avatar
Colonel Elaterate
 
Posts: 767
Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:58 am
Location: My House
Medals: 102
Monthly Leader Silver (1) Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Event Gold (2) Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3)
Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1)
Bot Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (5) Challenge Achievement (9)
Tournament Contribution (30) General Contribution (1)

Re: Trolls in global chat

Postby ViperOverLord on Sat May 11, 2019 12:31 am

How this thread even still active? I thought CC took a hard stance on threads calling out other posters (outside of the report violation threads)?
User avatar
Major ViperOverLord
 
Posts: 2396
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:19 pm
Location: California
Medals: 149
The Championships Bronze (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (4)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (9) Clan Achievement (11) Challenge Achievement (7)
Tournament Contribution (31)

Re: Trolls in global chat

Postby NomadPatriot on Sat May 11, 2019 7:54 am

ViperOverLord wrote:How this thread even still active? I thought CC took a hard stance on threads calling out other posters (outside of the report violation threads)?


majority of comments are from the CC representatives...
so... think what you want..
they did demote the thread poll I created in response to this asking for them to be fired..

( I guess that was too much for them.. since it was directed at them.. this is directed at me. so it's ok,.,. )
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class NomadPatriot
 
Posts: 1356
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:33 pm
Location: Self-Sufficient Fortress America
Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1)

Re: Trolls in global chat

Postby DoomYoshi on Sat May 11, 2019 12:01 pm

ViperOverLord wrote:How this thread even still active? I thought CC took a hard stance on threads calling out other posters (outside of the report violation threads)?


Can you think of the last time that sort of rule was enforced? In theory flaming is not allowed but this doesn't really constitute flaming as the people are merely posting legitimate concerns in their opinion.
saxitoxin wrote:
mrswdk wrote:after a man orgasms his brain releases various different chemicals that make him feel sleepy

After DY orgasms he develops a new recipe for chicken taragon, rearranges his closet, and then edits a paper on the Collected Works of John Stuart Mill.
User avatar
Major DoomYoshi
 
Posts: 10040
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:30 pm
Location: Al Fashir, Sudan
Medals: 90
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (9)
Clan Achievement (16) Challenge Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (6) General Contribution (14)

Re: Trolls in global chat

Postby mrswdk on Mon May 13, 2019 11:31 am

Elaterate wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:Sometimes things aren't properly announced, but in this case you have no excuse. The Golden Egg contest was properly announced within minutes of being posted. If you don't check new announcements as one of the first things you do when you log on, you have no excuse.



I could start this with Jesus really??? or... Umm yes, yes I do and I just gave it.

When a new player makes an account does the site suggest that they should check announcements daily?

I guess it needs to be explained in detail? The "announcements" are not something newer players look at or even SEE. I've tried to explain this to you before but here goes again.... You are a vet of the site so everything about it seems pretty easy to navigate and find but it's NOT. I've been here for a year now and very rarely look at the announcements because of how small and secluded it is on the side of my screen. When a new announcement shows up it's not obvious to most players or there would be more participation in most of the events IMO. When I do notice a new announcement it's usually a couple of days after it was posted because they are not in your face promo's like the Easter Event.

Was the Golden Egg "properly announced"? I have no clue and don't care. You obviously missed my point and telling my I have "no excuse" to say why I missed it is kinda rude. Sorry I haven't been around for X+ years and decided to speak out in fun of Razor asking for people to say bad things about him (not on this thread obviously but I thought it fit here to mention what I said). If Razor wasn't on the hunt for bad press I wouldn't have said anything about this cause I could care less if I miss out on any events. Maybe if you or anyone would care about more players participating in the events you would ask why I/they missed out instead of just being rude.


I don't check it at all because as far as I can tell it's just promotional content to get people to participate in tournaments and themed events. If something's so important that everyone needs to see it then it should be sent to people's inboxes.
Image

宁缺毋滥
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class mrswdk
 
Posts: 12908
Joined: Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:37 am
Location: Niger
Medals: 24
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2)

Re: Trolls in global chat

Postby armati on Mon May 13, 2019 12:21 pm

I just looked at the announcement "thread", games listed, not sure why a person would join there instead of the "join game" button but there has to be a reason Im unaware of.
In any case, I clicked on one of the "medal" options and the effort required to join a game was.....unreal, lots of things to click on, choose from.
Ya really gotta be into this game to go thru all that to join a game.

Think I will continue with the "join games" option.

Unless the dice actually work using that, any chance thats the case? (just a thought, ya never know)
Sergeant 1st Class armati
 
Posts: 1136
Joined: Sun May 29, 2016 12:49 am
Medals: 6
Standard Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)

Re: Trolls in global chat

Postby iAmCaffeine on Mon May 13, 2019 12:41 pm

You could use Game Finder to actually find the type of games you enjoy playing.
Image
User avatar
Major iAmCaffeine
 
Posts: 9999
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:38 pm
Medals: 149
The Championships Bronze (1) Conquer Cup Bronze Achievement (1) Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4)
Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (4)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (4) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2)
Battle Royale Achievement (3) Bot Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (26) General Achievement (12)
Clan Achievement (19) Training Achievement (1) Challenge Achievement (7) Tribe Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (10)

Re: Trolls in global chat

Postby Dukasaur on Mon May 13, 2019 4:15 pm

mrswdk wrote:
Elaterate wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:Sometimes things aren't properly announced, but in this case you have no excuse. The Golden Egg contest was properly announced within minutes of being posted. If you don't check new announcements as one of the first things you do when you log on, you have no excuse.



I could start this with Jesus really??? or... Umm yes, yes I do and I just gave it.

When a new player makes an account does the site suggest that they should check announcements daily?

I guess it needs to be explained in detail? The "announcements" are not something newer players look at or even SEE. I've tried to explain this to you before but here goes again.... You are a vet of the site so everything about it seems pretty easy to navigate and find but it's NOT. I've been here for a year now and very rarely look at the announcements because of how small and secluded it is on the side of my screen. When a new announcement shows up it's not obvious to most players or there would be more participation in most of the events IMO. When I do notice a new announcement it's usually a couple of days after it was posted because they are not in your face promo's like the Easter Event.

Was the Golden Egg "properly announced"? I have no clue and don't care. You obviously missed my point and telling my I have "no excuse" to say why I missed it is kinda rude. Sorry I haven't been around for X+ years and decided to speak out in fun of Razor asking for people to say bad things about him (not on this thread obviously but I thought it fit here to mention what I said). If Razor wasn't on the hunt for bad press I wouldn't have said anything about this cause I could care less if I miss out on any events. Maybe if you or anyone would care about more players participating in the events you would ask why I/they missed out instead of just being rude.


I don't check it at all because as far as I can tell it's just promotional content to get people to participate in tournaments and themed events. If something's so important that everyone needs to see it then it should be sent to people's inboxes.


And yet, back when we used to send the Dispatch to people's inboxes with information about upcoming events, we had people spazzing out with "Don't Spam my inbox, I'll read it in the Announcements!"

You can't please everybody. Bottom line, if you care, you'll take the time to inform yourself.

Even at work, we post important notices on door that people have to walk through, right at eye level, so they can't possibly miss them, in huge glaring colours and fonts, and there's always people who claim they had no way of knowing this, that, or the other thing. Some people you just can't reach.
Image
User avatar
Major Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator
 
Posts: 22402
Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:49 pm
Location: Beautiful Niagara
Medals: 235
Monthly Leader Silver (1) Event Gold (2) Event Bronze (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3)
Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (4) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (26)
Clan Achievement (30) Training Achievement (3) Challenge Achievement (32) Tournament Contribution (32) General Contribution (21)

Re: Trolls in global chat

Postby mrswdk on Tue May 14, 2019 6:33 am

The more different types of information you store in the same place, the less likely it is anyone will bother reading the things you post there (as they'll have to wade through a greater amount of things they're not interested in before they get to the ones they do care about).

I was just thinking that I don't read Announcements because as far as I can see it's primarily a place to announce tournaments and game events. So, if anything else was announced in there (e.g. new rules or something) I wouldn't see it. But if it's only a place to announce games and things like that then I guess it's fine.
Image

宁缺毋滥
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class mrswdk
 
Posts: 12908
Joined: Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:37 am
Location: Niger
Medals: 24
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2)

Re: Trolls in global chat

Postby Dukasaur on Tue May 14, 2019 7:16 am

mrswdk wrote:The more different types of information you store in the same place, the less likely it is anyone will bother reading the things you post there (as they'll have to wade through a greater amount of things they're not interested in before they get to the ones they do care about).

I was just thinking that I don't read Announcements because as far as I can see it's primarily a place to announce tournaments and game events. So, if anything else was announced in there (e.g. new rules or something) I wouldn't see it. But if it's only a place to announce games and things like that then I guess it's fine.


Fair enough. I know there are some people who don't care about tournaments and stuff. (I can't understand it, but I accept that it is so.) The colour coding helps. If you only want to know about server issues and major rule changes they would have a red dot (Webmaster). Tournament announcements are Orange, Clans are Pale Blue, Foundry and Maps are Dark Blue. Official Events are supposed to be Pink and Community Events are supposed to be Green, but the distinction between Community and Official Events was blurry from the beginning and has totally vanished over the years, so now I use Pink and Green interchangeably, just alternating them so you don't have two consecutive announcements in the same colour.

The current Announcements:
Image
Monthly Challenge for May is Green (Community Event)
Mad's Decade of CC is Orange (Tourament)
Golden Egg 2019 is Pink (Official Event, although as noted the distinction between Official and Community Events is pretty meaningless nowadays)
Easter Event is Green (as noted above, I try to alternate Green and Pink for events)
April Challenge is Pink
Seventh Annual Egg Design Contest is Green
Conquer Cup Marathon is Orange
Pi-School Release Event is Dark Blue (new map)
Upcoming Server Outage is Red (Webmaster Issue)
Arctic War Scenario is Dark Blue (new Scenario)
Watch Your Speed is Red (That was a tournament and should have been orange, but there hadn't been a Red announcement in a long time at that point, so I cheated and made that one red)
Krazy Kingdoms is Dark Blue (Foundry project to repair the map)
Welcome to the New Clan Team is Pale Blue (Clans)
Hall of Fame announcement is Grey (Grey is supposed to be for Team CC staff change announcements, but it rarely gets used to that was another little cheat. I made the Hall of Fame Grey so it would stay on the list longer.)

So, if you're only interested in Server Updates and Major rule changes, you just scan for red dots. If you were only interested in Tournaments, you just scan for orange dots. Etc. It's not foolproof, but it's something.
Image
User avatar
Major Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator
 
Posts: 22402
Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:49 pm
Location: Beautiful Niagara
Medals: 235
Monthly Leader Silver (1) Event Gold (2) Event Bronze (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3)
Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (4) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (26)
Clan Achievement (30) Training Achievement (3) Challenge Achievement (32) Tournament Contribution (32) General Contribution (21)

Re: Trolls in global chat

Postby mrswdk on Tue May 14, 2019 7:48 am

As it happens, genuinely the first thing I clicked was 'watch your speed' because I wanted to see what sort of site-related announcements get made on there.

My trust in Announcements is now irretrievably shattered and I will be voting Trump 2020.
Image

宁缺毋滥
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class mrswdk
 
Posts: 12908
Joined: Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:37 am
Location: Niger
Medals: 24
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2)

Re: Trolls in global chat

Postby riskllama on Wed May 15, 2019 10:53 pm

lol - i never knew the announcements were colour coded, duk. still doesn't change the fact that they aren't all that easy to spot, however...*shrugs*
Image
User avatar
Major riskllama
 
Posts: 6571
Joined: Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:50 pm
Location: deep inside Queen Charlotte.
Medals: 56
Most Improved Silver (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)
Clan Achievement (5) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (2)

Re: Trolls in global chat

Postby owenshooter on Tue May 21, 2019 10:23 am

iAmCaffeine wrote:It's not just limited to the chat. Racism has been tolerated several times in forums too.




WHAAAAAAAA?!!@!@!!-Jésus noir
Image
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
User avatar
Lieutenant owenshooter
 
Posts: 12998
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:01 pm
Location: Deep in the Heart of Tx
Medals: 34
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (2) Challenge Achievement (1)
General Contribution (1)

Re: Trolls in global chat

Postby mrswdk on Tue May 21, 2019 10:28 am

iAmCaffeine wrote:It's not just limited to the chat. Freedom of speech has been tolerated several times in forums too.


FTFY
Image

宁缺毋滥
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class mrswdk
 
Posts: 12908
Joined: Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:37 am
Location: Niger
Medals: 24
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2)

Re: Trolls in global chat

Postby NomadPatriot on Tue May 21, 2019 11:57 am

Owenshooter..
Bill Cosby is in the photo spread of your Black History Month people your honoring.. not really sure that is a good representative for that cause these days..

:? :? :shock: :shock: :? :oops: :oops: :? :shock: :-s
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class NomadPatriot
 
Posts: 1356
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:33 pm
Location: Self-Sufficient Fortress America
Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1)

Re: Trolls in global chat

Postby Jdsizzleslice on Tue May 21, 2019 12:28 pm

Image
User avatar
Colonel Jdsizzleslice
Clan Director
Clan Director
 
Posts: 2268
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:55 pm
Location: Alabama
Medals: 125
Monthly Leader Gold (1) Monthly Leader Silver (1) Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Most Improved Gold (1) Event Bronze (1)
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (4) Bot Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (11) Clan Achievement (4) Challenge Achievement (14) Tribe Achievement (1)

PreviousNext

Return to Conquer Club Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users