Conquer Club

What constitutes intentional deadbeating?

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

What constitutes intentional deadbeating?

Postby DarthBlood on Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:11 pm

Does intentional deadbeating only count if the other player misses a turn? Does it count if they take 23 hours to make a move for every single turn?
Brigadier DarthBlood

Re: What constitutes intentional deadbeating?

Postby Fewnix on Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:35 pm

My sense: deadbeating is when you missed 3 turns in a row, and get kicked out. There is a difference between unintentional and intentional deadbeating:

Say you had a hectic couple of days in r/l and didn't catch all the turns in all the games. could end up being deadbeated but it was not intentional, you didn't plan it that way.

Intentional deadbeating could mean someone figures the game has been dragging on too long and they can't win, so they don't bother taking their turns.

Something like that. :D
Rule 1
show
Private Fewnix

Postby DarthBlood on Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:27 pm

In my case, I'm talking about an opponent who is taking turns in other games, but is consistently waiting until there is only 30min to 1hr until they take a turn in our game.
Brigadier DarthBlood

Postby rockfist on Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:51 pm

I think that falls under the category of rude but legal. Foe them and move on.
Brigadier rockfist

Postby Nut Shot Scott on Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:36 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Well. Deadbeating is not taking your turns. Taking your turns within the alotted time is taking your turns within the allotted time.
Major Nut Shot Scott

Postby Evil Semp on Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:23 am

Deadbeating is when you miss 3 turns in a row and get kicked out of a game. It happens. Life happens.

Waiting until 30 minutes left to take your turn is not against the rules. You have 24 hours [not in speed games] so no rules broken here.

Many times intentional deadbeating occurs when someone thinks the game is lost so they just stop playing. That happens many times speed games. It can also happen in team games when deadbeats and the other team member gets their cards and territories.

When someone is taking turns in other games but not taking turns and deadbeating in other games then we can take a look.
Sergeant 1st Class Evil Semp
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Kotaro on Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:45 am

Yeah, that's a dick move. I'd be surprised if this isn't 1 of my 2 foe's on this site.
Lakad Matataaag!
Normalin, normalin.

TheJonah wrote:I`m not really that arsed. Just supporting my mucker.
Captain Kotaro

Postby Nut Shot Scott on Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:39 am

Kotaro wrote:Yeah, that's a dick move. I'd be surprised if this isn't 1 of my 2 foe's on this site.

Are we foes?
Major Nut Shot Scott

Postby Shannon Apple on Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:46 pm

DarthBlood wrote:In my case, I'm talking about an opponent who is taking turns in other games, but is consistently waiting until there is only 30min to 1hr until they take a turn in our game.

Are they losing the game? Then they are probably just stalling their losses. That's poor sportsmanship and I can understand how frustrating that is if you're not premium. IF he is taking his other turns fast, then you could try reaching out to him and asking him to try to take his turns in your game faster since you've only got 4 game slots. He might not even realise how his tactics are affecting you as a freemium player. If he doesn't, then just foe him. That's not a person worth playing against in the future.
00:33:53 ‹riskllama› will her and i ever hook up, LLT???
00:34:09 ‹LiveLoveTeach› You and Shannon?
00:34:20 ‹LiveLoveTeach› Bahahahahahaha
00:34:22 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I doubt it
00:34:30 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I don't think she's into farm animals
Brigadier Shannon Apple
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Evil Semp on Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:47 pm

It isn't always black and white and it isn't always poor sportsmanship. During my work week I usually only have a 5 hour window to take my turns. If it is a 1v1 game I try to take the turns later just in case I have to work late. If I take it to early and work late the next day I might end up missing a turn.
Sergeant 1st Class Evil Semp
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:50 pm

Evil Semp wrote:It isn't always black and white and it isn't always poor sportsmanship. During my work week I usually only have a 5 hour window to take my turns. If it is a 1v1 game I try to take the turns later just in case I have to work late. If I take it to early and work late the next day I might end up missing a turn.

Yeah, there are many possibilities. I usually take my turns both before work and after work. If a turn comes up before work and it's a nice simple 1v1 on a small map I'll take care of it right away, but if it's anything complex like a big map or team or poly I'll save it until after work, when I'm presumably more awake and ready to deal with bigger hassles.
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Captain Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Hooch on Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:23 am

Evil Semp wrote:It isn't always black and white and it isn't always poor sportsmanship. During my work week I usually only have a 5 hour window to take my turns. If it is a 1v1 game I try to take the turns later just in case I have to work late. If I take it to early and work late the next day I might end up missing a turn.

Or a second/following turn is generated and then you haven't caught up in turns to play.
Private 1st Class Hooch

Postby riskllama on Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:19 pm

#freemiumproblems... :roll:
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby Nut Shot Scott on Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:46 pm

riskllama wrote:#freemiumproblems... :roll:

Yuuuup.
Major Nut Shot Scott

Return to Conquer Club Discussion