Conquer Club

CC is declining again!

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Re: CC is declining again!

Postby MagnusGreeol on Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:58 pm

jusplay4fun wrote:
MagnusGreeol wrote:I have much respect for KA and all the years he put into CC, I have interacted with him a lot over the years and never thought anything but how fair he has always been! If ever I had a question or issue and contacted him, He would always get back to me with an answer or help me resolve an issue or request, I am a KA fan!")>

I agree with Magnus on the King Achilles. He gets things done and does so efficiently. I have had no reason to question his intelligence nor his diligence in his tasks here on CC. I have brought several issues over several years to his attention and have found him to be a good Administrator.

I have known for a while that he is in the Philippines. I know and interact with several Filipinos in RL and find them to be intelligent and pleasant people. He strikes me as a Filipino who is similar to those I know. Those in charge are often criticized by those who make requests of the Administrator. One cannot please all the people all the time.

I agree, and as you said " One can not please all the people all the tine",,, So many personalities here in CC, good/bad and ugly?

Salute Miguel & GON!
Colonel MagnusGreeol

Postby owenshooter on Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:17 pm

Of course it is, they didn't even do an MLK Holiday tournament... El Wow... The black jesus has spoken...-Jesus noir
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby xroads on Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:22 pm

Wow'

Surprised at the shade thrown towards KA.

He has spanked my hand several times. It was always warranted, but he did it fairly and without being a dick about it.

Cant find too many people on CC I would respect more TBH
Major xroads

Postby Nut Shot Scott on Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:09 am

R E S U L T S

I guess you're right. If a captain is purposely steering a ship into icebergs, he is efficient and excellent at doing what it is he is setting out to do.

On the other hand, I am glad that he has been able to answer your basic questions about the site that he has "run" for years. Commendable.
Major Nut Shot Scott

Postby Swimmerdude99 on Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:34 am

I can't speak for others, but KA seems to be the only thing that keeps the wheels turning around here lol. I'm pretty sure without him this place would be near 0 instead of still having us around.

If there is a personal issue, or something else that is plaguing him behind the scenes, I certainly haven't had to interact enough to see it. Can't be a fun job, doing mostly thankless work for a community like us :lol:
Offsite to 12/31/2023. Reach out to TheSpaceCowboy to reach me
Major Swimmerdude99

Postby *Pixar* on Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:52 pm

Dude gets punished three or four times for the same reason (Intentional missed turns) then wants to tell everyone KA is the worst human being out there lol. Or you could just follow simple rules :-s .
Colonel *Pixar*
Chatter
Chatter

Postby iAmCaffeine on Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:21 pm

*Pixar* wrote:Dude gets punished three or four times for the same reason (Intentional missed turns) then wants to tell everyone KA is the worst human being out there lol. Or you could just follow simple rules :-s .

what you mean is, you're reporting him for playing turns slower than you would like, reported him to KA and as a result, Scott was banned a 2nd time.

the 3 games cited in the ban hadn't even finished but apparently he's breaking the rules & intentionally deadbeating.

makes sense for sure.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby iAmCaffeine on Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:23 pm

Swimmerdude99 wrote:I can't speak for others, but KA seems to be the only thing that keeps the wheels turning around here lol. I'm pretty sure without him this place would be near 0 instead of still having us around.

based on what?
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby Swimmerdude99 on Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:07 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:
Swimmerdude99 wrote:I can't speak for others, but KA seems to be the only thing that keeps the wheels turning around here lol. I'm pretty sure without him this place would be near 0 instead of still having us around.

based on what?

All of my interactions on site with webmaster and him. Ask a more pointed question and maybe I'll understand your jab lol
Major Swimmerdude99

Postby iAmCaffeine on Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:14 pm

Swimmerdude99 wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:

based on what?

All of my interactions on site with webmaster and him. Ask a more pointed question and maybe I'll understand your jab lol

it wasn't a jab. i've had tonnes of interactions with KA. can't say he does much for the site. this entire thread is about site declining and it's not like anything majorly positive has happened in... how long? a very high % of active players are here for clans and nothing else.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby Swimmerdude99 on Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:54 pm

Ah, I see. He does a lot of work to keep multis, bots, etc, out. Also can get help from him with stuff like fixing busted tournament games and such, which is a real blessing. Also he's pretty dang responsive (I assume its at least a part time job for him). I've dealt with support for outdated websites and they didn't have as many users as this and it can take a lot of time to figure stuff out, build scripts etc.
Major Swimmerdude99

Postby TeeGee on Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:49 am

Let's bring this back on topic so i don't have to issue any forum bans :)

Major TeeGee
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Location: Traversing the Multiverse, looking for a Yak with 3 ears

Postby iAmCaffeine on Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:33 pm

TeeGee wrote:Let's bring this back on topic so i don't have to issue any forum bans :)

legit, can you explain how it's not on topic? the thread is the decline of the site. this is relevant.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby jusplay4fun on Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:07 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:
TeeGee wrote:Let's bring this back on topic so i don't have to issue any forum bans :)

legit, can you explain how it's not on topic? the thread is the decline of the site. this is relevant.

To blame the decline of CC on one person is myopic. To blame the person who does the small things to make sure things work well on CC is imperceptive and injudicious.

The decline of CC is happening, just as is the decline of the number of persons watching "regular" TV or very similar to the decline of shopping malls in the USA. There are disruptive technologies involved that cannot be overcome by the diligence of one Administrator on this site.
JP4Fun

Sergeant 1st Class jusplay4fun

Postby iAmCaffeine on Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:32 pm

jusplay4fun wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:

To blame the decline of CC on one person is myopic. To blame the person who does the small things to make sure things work well on CC is imperceptive and injudicious.

The decline of CC is happening, just as is the decline of the number of persons watching "regular" TV or very similar to the decline of shopping malls in the USA. There are disruptive technologies involved that cannot be overcome by the diligence of one Administrator on this site.

1. i never put the entire decline of CC on one person
2. there are multiple factors as to the decline of CC, but i dont think banning someone for using 23 of their allotted 24hrs to take turns (someone who has contributed quite a lot to the site), is a good move
3. i asked teegee, not you, since teegee is the one issuing the threats
4. to be frank, i would never ask you for your opinion on, well, anything

thanks for answering but i'll await teegee
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby riskllama on Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:38 am

welcome to CC!!!
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby hopalong on Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:10 pm

Abassi wrote:the only developments this place sees are other completely pointless games for some unknown reason, and things like showing medals in broken formats

To be fair, you have only been here 3 hours ... give it some time :!:
Major hopalong

Postby Mad777 on Fri Feb 04, 2022 6:15 am

riskllama wrote:welcome to CC!!!

…should not be “welcome back…” ? ;)
".....Under Phucumol treatment....."
https://youtu.be/zlusWzDY4qw
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby IcePack on Thu Feb 17, 2022 11:36 am

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby jusplay4fun on Fri Feb 18, 2022 3:08 am

iAmCaffeine wrote:
jusplay4fun wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:

1. i never put the entire decline of CC on one person
2. there are multiple factors as to the decline of CC, but i dont think banning someone for using 23 of their allotted 24hrs to take turns (someone who has contributed quite a lot to the site), is a good move
3. i asked teegee, not you, since teegee is the one issuing the threats
4. to be frank, i would never ask you for your opinion on, well, anything

thanks for answering but i'll await teegee

keep waiting
JP4Fun

Sergeant 1st Class jusplay4fun

Postby Torbjorn666 on Mon Mar 07, 2022 2:16 am

The forum is very obviously declining because the mods permit abuse and general nonsense in the chat. Adults won't stay on the site with that behaviour being permitted, so it will always decline. It's very easy to fix.
Private 1st Class Torbjorn666

Postby Swimmerdude99 on Mon Mar 07, 2022 9:48 am

Torbjorn666 wrote:The forum is very obviously declining because the mods permit abuse and general nonsense in the chat. Adults won't stay on the site with that behaviour being permitted, so it will always decline. It's very easy to fix.

No its not, the loudest people complain and throw fits about them censoring, or about them not protecting people. The problem is, those two extreme groups make the most noise and ruin things for everyone in discussion. But I do agree in one thing. The people that complain from either of those camps should be banned and then it would be more fun :lol:
Major Swimmerdude99

Postby Torbjorn666 on Mon Mar 07, 2022 10:27 am

Swimmerdude99 wrote:
Torbjorn666 wrote:The forum is very obviously declining because the mods permit abuse and general nonsense in the chat. Adults won't stay on the site with that behaviour being permitted, so it will always decline. It's very easy to fix.

No its not, the loudest people complain and throw fits about them censoring, or about them not protecting people. The problem is, those two extreme groups make the most noise and ruin things for everyone in discussion. But I do agree in one thing. The people that complain from either of those camps should be banned and then it would be more fun :lol:

Giving people a slap for abuse is not censorship. The site needs customers to pay for its upkeep, hence the thread. Most adults don't want to engage in much discussion about an online game but they will pay and play.
Private 1st Class Torbjorn666

Postby 2dimes on Tue Mar 08, 2022 3:14 am

Are there really enough Italian gamblers looking for free spins reading this thread, to justify that spam link?
Corporal 2dimes

PreviousNext

Return to Conquer Club Discussion