Conquer Club

CC is declining again!

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Re: CC is declining again!

Postby bamage on Fri May 13, 2022 11:54 am

My two cents: the inaction on some of the features that the community has agreed would make this a better place borders on disdain for people who love CC by the people who own/run CC.

The best example, in my opinion, is the continued inaction on ensuring as-even-as-possible game starts in 1v1 tournaments. Consider a committed player, painstakingly strategizing and winning a couple of rounds, just to end up going last in all 5 finals games on a map that (like more than half the maps) provides a big advantage to the first mover. He's going to think, "Why did I bother when it's really just a coin toss? Do I love this place way more than its owners? Do they understand what motivates their most ardent supporters?"

It's an abusive relationship that more and more players are just going to walk away from. I remember what it was like when we had 30k active players. LackAttack gave a shit, and it showed in every aspect of the game. CC wasn't perfect but there was a clear sense of demonstrable progress on every rough edge.
Colonel bamage

Postby jusplay4fun on Sat May 14, 2022 4:13 am

If one needs any more proof of the Decline of CC, one can look at the lack of good conversation and discussion in many of the Forums.

Too many posts are done by Trolls and those filled with hate that they spew too often.
JP4Fun

Lieutenant jusplay4fun

Postby HitRed on Sat May 14, 2022 11:41 am

God is so excited. Looking forward to the 25th.
Major HitRed

Postby Davie.K on Tue May 17, 2022 11:04 pm

4,869 ... =D>
Corporal 1st Class Davie.K

Postby Torbjorn666 on Sat May 21, 2022 5:14 am

I think its pretty obvious CC is not a game that will attract lots of new kids but it shouldn't be hard to hold on to long-time players. I've quit my subscription after about a decade that I would have just kept rolling for life. I complained about abuse in speed games and how it turns and ruins games as so many players don't realise the abuse is about manipulating the game. And I play this for fun after work not to get shouted at by daft wee boys. The admin couldn't care less so I'll just keep my money and won't play speed games.
Sergeant 1st Class Torbjorn666

Previous

Return to Conquer Club Discussion