Conquer Club

Locking thread for no reason

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Re: Locking thread for no reason

Postby xroads on Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:40 pm

Here is how it went.

Josko: Tee, people are saying mean and hurtful things to me, make it stop

Teegee: Ok, I will lock the post and threaten bans for the really mean people telling the truth.

Josko: Thanks Tee, lets keep farming people in dubs games

Teegee: Anything for you Josko
Last edited by xroads on Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Major xroads

Postby josko.ri on Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:43 pm

Donelladan on Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:32 pm

So now josko is inviting major and captains

The three games that he presented has no captain at the time of game start so his accusation uses false and untrue arguments.

In no single hive-poly or hive 1v1 game started this year did I invite player ranked lower than major at the start of the game.

I tell it responsibly and Don can look himself in the mirror for telling shameless lies about other people.
Major josko.ri

Postby TrafalgarLaw01 on Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:47 pm

This thread is not about you Josko.
Also u were the one that made excuse after excuse and couldn't really explain and branched out . So wait till a new post against you come up to make more laughable excuses. You couldn't prove my points false.
General TrafalgarLaw01

Postby josko.ri on Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:50 pm

TrafalgarLaw01 wrote:This thread is not about you Josko.
Also u were the one that made excuse after excuse and couldn't really explain and branched out . So wait till a new post against you come up to make more laughable excuses. You couldn't prove my points false.

I could. You say i invited clueless opponents to my games just the day after i invited you to world 21 game. This would inply that you are clueless (by your own words).

I proved that your points are false because your suggestion of make hive games with password and invite whoever asks me is essentially no different than what I am doing now. I have games opened with or without invited player and anyone can see these games and ask me for password or invite. Therefore, I do not see what is added value of your suggestion, compared to what I am already doing.
Major josko.ri

Postby TrafalgarLaw01 on Tue Nov 29, 2022 11:02 pm

josko.ri wrote:
TrafalgarLaw01 wrote:This thread is not about you Josko.

I could. You say i invited clueless opponents to my games just the day after i invited you to world 21 game. This would inply that you are clueless (by your own words).

I proved that your points are false because your suggestion of make hive games with password and invite whoever asks me is essentially no different than what I am doing now. I have games opened with or without invited player and anyone can see these games and ask me for password or invite. Therefore, I do not see what is added value of your suggestion, compared to what I am already doing.

There is a huge difference. I could explain in detail but you are to stubborn to see it or just refuse to see it. But as this thread is not about you. I wont over extend in here. I will just say that if u had oppned 40 public hive games maybe u wouldnt have made so many points as: a) many 3000 players wouldnt have join b) good players on it would have joined more so record could be much closer c) yes it would take more time to fill. But its just the way it is.

As for other conclusions u reach on yourself you have proved before you are not the best at reading so not sure what else to tell you.
General TrafalgarLaw01

Postby josko.ri on Tue Nov 29, 2022 11:08 pm

Game 22108965

See for example I ensured win vs Tiller in hive (initially invited him as didnt have zombie medal win vs him, for medal hunting) and he expressed interest for rematch on another map.

No problem at all, I although I didnt have personal interest to give him rematch (I already scored zombie and polymorphic unique win), I still nvited him to world 21 which he played 89 times including with poly-4 unlimited settings in joskos 50th tournament. These poly-4 unlimited world 21 Tiller already won.

So playing such respectable ATL clan player on map and settings he knows very well is definitely not a smart way to become conqueror, as I can lose about 50 pounts and gain about 8 points from that game.

But hey, why should I not give him the other match that he asked for? Because of points? Is that farming? :-$
Major josko.ri

Postby TrafalgarLaw01 on Tue Nov 29, 2022 11:10 pm

Is that what I posted? Again you can't read.
General TrafalgarLaw01

Postby josko.ri on Tue Nov 29, 2022 11:36 pm

Good players joined both now in my way and if I had made games public. Mc05025 beat me three times yet I reinvited him twice more to beat me more.
Major josko.ri

Postby Lingfish on Wed Nov 30, 2022 12:16 am

TeeGee wrote:Nobody else wants to read it. You all made your point, then continued like a bunch of schoolgirls.

I find that mildly offensive. Schoolboys are just as immature, if not more so, than schoolgirls
General Lingfish

Postby TeeGee on Wed Nov 30, 2022 5:14 am

groovysmurf wrote:This is the one I really don't understand. Seemed like a harmless bump on a fun thread. And no explanation at all of why it was locked.

viewtopic.php?p=5260047#p5260047

You are right, it was my birthday.. I was going to move it to the correct forum when I was sober and forgot.

10 yr necrobumps generally don't sit too well in CCD as I can appreciate you wouldn't be happy if I went into clans and bumped all my old skyforce threads ;)
Major TeeGee
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Location: Traversing the Multiverse, looking for a Yak with 3 ears

Postby Donelladan on Wed Nov 30, 2022 5:25 am

TeeGee, thank you for not locking this thread, I thought initially you were going to lock it as soon as you read it.
I'm impressed at the way you took all the critics here, not many are able to withstand criticism and also it seems listen to it.

And of course, thank you for re-opening the other thread as well.

@josko, I'll be adressing all your remarks on the other thread ;)
Brigadier Donelladan

Postby Extreme Ways on Wed Nov 30, 2022 7:53 am

TeeGee wrote:
groovysmurf wrote:This is the one I really don't understand. Seemed like a harmless bump on a fun thread. And no explanation at all of why it was locked.

You are right, it was my birthday.. I was going to move it to the correct forum when I was sober and forgot.

10 yr necrobumps generally don't sit too well in CCD as I can appreciate you wouldn't be happy if I went into clans and bumped all my old skyforce threads ;)

I disagree that on a thread like that a necrobump was bad. Rather than opening a new forum post with the same title, they posted there. But that's besides the point: for the sake of constructive criticism, I would recommend you to make a note, or shoot a quick message to someone else, to move it in the morning and not lock it for the ~12-24h it takes to sober up and be functioning again. Worst case.

Perhaps some people reply (on-topic) and it can even stay in CCD, but worst case you have some people confused why their post they had just replied to is invisible, rather than confused people wrt why the post was locked.
TOFU, ex-REP, ex-VDLL, ex-KoRT.
General Extreme Ways

Postby Ltrain on Sat Dec 03, 2022 9:48 pm

THAT WAS ME!!
I think the circular arguing with no possible resolution is annoying, and if I was a moderator I probably would've locked it.
I guess the point you all are making is a moderator shouldn't be able to do that if it doesn't meet guidelines for being locked.
I thought bringing back the haiku thread was harmless fun, but I message boarded pretty hard in the late 90's early 00's and I knew it might be met with less enthusiasm than I felt for it, so I wasn't gonna bitch about it.
I didn't notice it had been reinstated!
Though sadly, no new haikus
Major Ltrain

Postby KoolBak on Sun Dec 04, 2022 11:54 am

Wow. This is worse than reading a saxi or confederate thread in off topics. Bunch of clan wimps :lol:

TG, your hard work and dedication are appreciated by the sane adults here....

PS - since I've been here the longest, I win!
"Gypsy told my fortune...she said that nothin showed...."

Neil Young....Like An Inca

AND:
riskllama wrote:Koolbak wins this thread.
Sergeant 1st Class KoolBak

Postby TeeGee on Wed Dec 07, 2022 3:50 pm

KoolBak wrote:Wow. This is worse than reading a saxi or confederate thread in off topics. Bunch of clan wimps :lol:

TG, your hard work and dedication are appreciated by the sane adults here....

PS - since I've been here the longest, I win!

Thanks Koolbak
Major TeeGee
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Location: Traversing the Multiverse, looking for a Yak with 3 ears

Previous

Return to Conquer Club Discussion