Conquer Club

Why?

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Re: Why?

Postby xroads on Mon May 29, 2023 7:18 am

Again

IF BW ignores absolutely everything, why would anyone even bother moderating a forum and forward suggestions and ideas only to get ignored?
Major xroads

Postby TeeGee on Mon May 29, 2023 7:32 am

xroads wrote:Again

IF BW ignores absolutely everything, why would anyone even bother moderating a forum and forward suggestions and ideas only to get ignored?

He doesn't ignore, he does listen and replies most of the time (to me at least)

But it needs someone who is confident and happy to stand up and be firm.. Mad tried, but Mad was also running many other departments.
If someone was committed to suggestions only and not back down to bW then things are more likely to get done
Major TeeGee
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Location: Traversing the Multiverse, looking for a Yak with 3 ears

Postby detlef on Mon May 29, 2023 8:13 am

TeeGee wrote:
xroads wrote:Again

He doesn't ignore, he does listen and replies most of the time (to me at least)

But it needs someone who is confident and happy to stand up and be firm.. Mad tried, but Mad was also running many other departments.
If someone was committed to suggestions only and not back down to bW then things are more likely to get done

So, just so I have this correct:
The dude who owns the site, WILL listen to suggestions, but can't be bothered to ever come into the forums and say anything, let alone about how he would like the suggestion process to go. So, yet another volunteer needs to step up because the dude who actually stands to profit should this site become better at retaining customers can't be bothered to ever show his face in the forums and explain himself.

I mean, that's a big leap of faith. 1) that he listens at all, because we've been given absolutely no reason to believe that. 2) that any of us would have any better luck given, again, the suggestion forum has by all measure, appeared to be an absolute farce for several years now.

And, let's be clear. There is maybe 1 suggestion per week. Often times, we go weeks without a new one. It would literally take big wham 5 minutes a week to go in there himself, look at what's been suggested, see the other comments, and say, "we can do that" "good idea but here's the issue with that" or "not gonna happen, sorry". He actually doesn't need yet another person to work for free on this.

There is so much speculation as to why so many people are leaving the site and it basically comes back to the fact that the dude who owns the site, cares so little about it, that if he can't find someone willing to do EVERYTHING for free, it doesn't get addressed because he can't be bothered.

It's really come to a head over the last few weeks and, one thing that's been missing from ALL this dialog is big wham. Taking a minute to just act like he owns the freaking thing and say something.

Instead, he just hides behind y'all and leaves you to take the bullets for him.
Colonel detlef

Postby IcePack on Mon May 29, 2023 9:07 am

Alright problem solved lol Iā€™ll volunteer as the suggestions mod. Iā€™ve done site implementation w wham before and the background fits my work here. Easy.

Get me added to the group there and we will see how much wham does. But as I said / mad said itā€™s still pretty minimal at best even w someone pushing wham

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby TeeGee on Mon May 29, 2023 9:21 am

IcePack wrote:Alright problem solved lol Iā€™ll volunteer as the suggestions mod. Iā€™ve done site implementation w wham before and the background fits my work here. Easy.

Get me added to the group there and we will see how much wham does. But as I said / mad said itā€™s still pretty minimal at best even w someone pushing wham

You really need to get Dukasaur to add you. It's his team, not mine

My only concern is like Mad, you are across other departments and not just for suggestions.. I think that was the issue with mad was he stretched too far and burnt out
Major TeeGee
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby josko.ri on Mon May 29, 2023 10:57 am

relax people
Major josko.ri

Postby detlef on Mon May 29, 2023 12:23 pm

josko.ri wrote:relax people

Don't insult us.

If BW doesn't want to care about improving this site, that's his choice. I have no idea what his goals are and I honestly don't care.

But when we're basically told that what we really need to step up because, the problem is not the fact that the owner doesn't care enough, but rather the paying customers don't do enough in a volunteer capacity to move the site forward.

Yeah, well screw that.
Colonel detlef

Postby Evil Semp on Mon May 29, 2023 2:22 pm

detlef wrote:People make them, people support them, and then they die. Rinse repeat. It's painfully obvious and, frankly it's absurd to imply otherwise.

How many people go into the suggestions forum and support suggestions? Not many.

What I am saying is if someone suggest that deadbeating in a speed game should be allowed, than you need people to support that suggestion.

I do pay attention, but the one who makes that decision probably isn't. And that is the one opinion that matters.

But if only 10 people respond to a suggestion the decision maker might say that the site members don't support that rule.
Sergeant 1st Class Evil Semp
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby TrafalgarLaw01 on Mon May 29, 2023 2:33 pm

The suggestions forum being dead is not about the speed games deadbeating practice (Even do 90% of the people that play speed do ot, even some mods). But a lot of other suggestions that did get support but heard no answer.

Again when barely anyone look at the forum, how many people u expect to support a thing.

Maybe BW has his hands full. So he has delegated some things, as it should be, but also if the place has been in decline for a while something should be changed, shouldn't it?
General TrafalgarLaw01

Postby Caymanmew on Mon May 29, 2023 3:41 pm

IcePack wrote:Alright problem solved lol Iā€™ll volunteer as the suggestions mod. Iā€™ve done site implementation w wham before and the background fits my work here. Easy.

You wouldn't have gotten the PM's as you were not on team CC at the time(2020) i think, but Mad used to do monthly(?) emails to the admins and many others in team CC (community team, team leaders, a few other select individuals). In the emails, he provided suggestions to BW, which he had community votes on to show interest. I am not sure BW ever implemented any of the suggestions, even the ones with overwhelming support.

It would be great if you could get BW to care/do something but don't burn yourself out trying as history hasn't shown BW being really good about implementing much of anything lately except the monthly challenges. Although we did get some new medals a few years back which was nice.
Colonel Caymanmew
Head Clan Director
Head Clan Director

Postby Donelladan on Mon May 29, 2023 3:54 pm

Caymanmew wrote:

You wouldn't have gotten the PM's as you were not on team CC at the time(2020) i think, but Mad used to do monthly(?) emails to the admins and many others in team CC (community team, team leaders, a few other select individuals). In the emails, he provided suggestions to BW, which he had community votes on to show interest. I am not sure BW ever implemented any of the suggestions, even the ones with overwhelming support.

It would be great if you could get BW to care/do something but don't burn yourself out trying as history hasn't shown BW being really good about implementing much of anything lately except the monthly challenges. Although we did get some new medals a few years back which was nice.

He did implement a few of them.

For example that one
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=197394&start=50

And can't find the announcement right now, but he also implemented the getting a card in nuclear/zombie game even if you run out of time.

It's also bW that implemented the resign button. ( that one wasn't pushed by Mad though).

And there are a couple of more ( I think) . So it's not completely fair to say he never did anything.
Colonel Donelladan

Postby Mad777 on Mon May 29, 2023 4:41 pm

Yes there was suggestions Implemented but I can count 3-4 in the last 4 years, also those were very simple and didnā€™t required a tremendous amount of recoding.

The resign button was extended recently to all 1v1 player game type.

The suggestion I fought for and still not implemented;

1) Auto snapshot at game start (any game type)

2) Timing out to included escalating game type

3) updating the ā€œJoin game pageā€ (Donelladan suggestion)

4) Map team to be reinforced and have Map owned and updated to CC site so it can be updated as needed, also to have more traction with current map ideas and move to Beta mode, this would recycle the current Beta map pool and keep new map maker to stay around.

5) Upgrading the auto tournament tool to allow all game type and way more option to create tournaments, or would also help Clans & Tribes to automate events.

There is more Iā€™m sure but rather than adding I rather wanted to get what was proposed to be implementedā€¦
".....Under Phucumol treatment....."
https://youtu.be/zlusWzDY4qw
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby IcePack on Mon May 29, 2023 4:42 pm

Donelladan wrote:
Caymanmew wrote:

He did implement a few of them.

For example that one
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=197394&start=50

And can't find the announcement right now, but he also implemented the getting a card in nuclear/zombie game even if you run out of time.

It's also bW that implemented the resign button. ( that one wasn't pushed by Mad though).

And there are a couple of more ( I think) . So it's not completely fair to say he never did anything.

I did get some of the mad pm / newsletter whatever they were called. Iā€™ve also got a knowledge of / history of BW and his updates so Iā€™m aware of how he works n handles things. Iā€™m not aware his current time commitments or energy into doing updates which would practically define just how much / little time I would spend there.

I have no issues adding that role, beyond thinking itā€™s probably not going to lead to a lot because it seems like if he wanted to do updates he would be doing some. But again, maybe I donā€™t know the current stance and I can trigger some improvements w him. Idk.

Either way seems like itā€™ll either get taken on by others or me and we can figure it out from there. I wonā€™t spend a ton of time if thereā€™s zero intent on doing actual updates, but if heā€™s willing I can help push things along.

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby BabySasuke on Mon May 29, 2023 7:45 pm

let freemies invite....
Major BabySasuke

Postby IcePack on Mon May 29, 2023 7:54 pm

Alright Iā€™ve been added to the Suggestions Team.

Iā€™ve got a few things on my plate CC wise over the next week but Iā€™ll start wrapping my head around how to best proceed here shortly

First step is chat with BW and get a feel for whatā€™s going on for his side

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby TrafalgarLaw01 on Mon May 29, 2023 8:14 pm

IcePack wrote:Alright Iā€™ve been added to the Suggestions Team.

Iā€™ve got a few things on my plate CC wise over the next week but Iā€™ll start wrapping my head around how to best proceed here shortly

First step is chat with BW and get a feel for whatā€™s going on for his side

Thanks =D> , seems a start, and the post could get something
General TrafalgarLaw01

Postby Doc_Brown on Mon May 29, 2023 10:35 pm

If you want to see what's dominating BW's time in relation to the site, check out the Unity interface. Go to "Settings" and find the "Unity Interface" option. Set it to yes and then go check out some of your games.
Colonel Doc_Brown

Postby TeeGee on Tue May 30, 2023 12:25 am

Doc_Brown wrote:If you want to see what's dominating BW's time in relation to the site, check out the Unity interface. Go to "Settings" and find the "Unity Interface" option. Set it to yes and then go check out some of your games.

To be totally honest, I would only use unity on the beta site at this stage
Major TeeGee
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby josko.ri on Tue May 30, 2023 11:42 am

TeeGee wrote:
Doc_Brown wrote:If you want to see what's dominating BW's time in relation to the site, check out the Unity interface. Go to "Settings" and find the "Unity Interface" option. Set it to yes and then go check out some of your games.

I would be delighted to join the beta Site and help bigWham develop the AI alghorith for CC, instead of currently use IT algorithm.

Please tell him to include me there.

My IQ is bigger than IQ of AI, therefore I can surely contribute.
Major josko.ri

Postby BabySasuke on Tue May 30, 2023 12:56 pm

josko.ri wrote:
TeeGee wrote:

I would be delighted to join the beta Site and help bigWham develop the AI alghorith for CC, instead of currently use IT algorithm.

Please tell him to include me there.

My IQ is bigger than IQ of AI, therefore I can surely contribute.

IQ larger than the moon and the sun
Major BabySasuke

Postby Swimmerdude99 on Wed Jun 07, 2023 3:28 pm

Well that's... interesting - at least.
Offsite to 12/31/2023. Reach out to TheSpaceCowboy to reach me
Major Swimmerdude99

Postby Ltrain on Thu Jun 08, 2023 12:11 pm

OH MY GOD THERE'S THEME MUSIC
Major Ltrain

Postby detlef on Thu Jun 08, 2023 12:32 pm

lol, that made my head hurt. At first I had no idea what I was looking at.
Colonel detlef

Postby ZaBeast on Sat Jun 10, 2023 8:54 pm

Why make a change no one asked for instead of the ones that are backed by the community though? It's a lot less readable with that interface imo
That feels like another pet project update that will end up in a flop like conquer world
Brigadier ZaBeast

Postby Swimmerdude99 on Sun Jun 11, 2023 10:44 am

ZaBeast wrote:Why make a change no one asked for instead of the ones that are backed by the community though? It's a lot less readable with that interface imo
That feels like another pet project update that will end up in a flop like conquer world

I'm going to guess, as I've heard in the past, its his working project to learn web dev. I've offered my assistance Pro-bono to help him learn development strategies as well as coding, but never gotten a response. It does make me a little sad the effort going into something that looks like a pretty heavy change, when so many small changes could potentially be made to improve things. Even if just from an un-exciting, business standpoint.

I'm guessing by the time some change is implemented in the interface (one I hope isn't forced to be used) the site will be mostly unsustainable. But I think I'm just beating the dead horse with that observation.
Offsite to 12/31/2023. Reach out to TheSpaceCowboy to reach me
Major Swimmerdude99

PreviousNext

Return to Conquer Club Discussion