Conquer Club

How to get a colonel in under 100 games

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Re: How to get a colonel in under 100 games

Postby xiangwang on Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:37 pm

I think I should rewrite this thread to how to get to Conqueror in under 200 games (let's see if I can make it) :lol:
Brigadier xiangwang

Postby Koganosi on Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:40 pm

xiangwang wrote:I think I should rewrite this thread to how to get to Conqueror in under 200 games (let's see if I can make it) :lol:

With or without cheating? :lol: :lol: !!

Urs

Koganosi
Major Koganosi

Postby xiangwang on Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:48 pm

Koganosi wrote:
xiangwang wrote:I think I should rewrite this thread to how to get to Conqueror in under 200 games (let's see if I can make it) :lol:

With or without cheating? :lol: :lol: !!

Urs

Koganosi

Without cheating. I am still of the opinion nothing was wrong, despite it looking fishy playing with Kiron, but I do way better in games without Kiron anyways (won 7/8 games 8 man freestyle so far post-inquiry) by just sticking to the rules I posted on the first page :D
Brigadier xiangwang

Postby shadistic on Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:48 pm

1. Get your roommate(s) to play CC.
2. Play a bunch of hold-the-objective maps.
3. ?????
4. Profit!
Major shadistic

Postby jsnyder748 on Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:59 pm

Freestyle objective is the magic potion to points. any map. You just have to know freestyle well enough and have a relatively ok connection.

There are lots of ways of reaching a high rank this is just one.
Colonel jsnyder748

Postby mc05025 on Wed May 01, 2013 7:35 pm

You can not :D :D

But the only thing you need more is to play better!!
Field Marshal mc05025

Postby Kiron on Sat May 11, 2013 10:54 pm

mc05025 wrote:

I dunno, if Xiangwang keeps his win rate constant like he has so far without our interference, he could probably make conqueror (after I abdict of course :lol: )
Field Marshal Kiron

Postby Lord_Bremen on Sun May 12, 2013 10:32 pm

How about "How to make Conqueror WITHOUT cheating?"

Or maybe "How to cheat to conqueror and then convince the admins to let me keep my points and not do anything about it."
Major Lord_Bremen

Postby Armandolas on Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:21 am

hmmm...being guested was part part of the plan ? :D
what have u guys done this time?
Colonel Armandolas

Postby Viceroy63 on Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:27 am

mc05025 wrote:

That's not all that there is to it exactly. You not only need to play better but also with higher ranking players. Also certain games should not be played. And in my opinion, team games are necessary for achieving that goal. The problem is finding a good partner willing to learn and teach.

Other helpful hints are knowing the maps and the players themselves. And a proven strategy that works when adhered to religiously. :D
An Unproven Hypothesis; The Rise of Ignorance.
Ultimate Proof of Creation. Click the show tab below.
show
Major Viceroy63

Location: A little back water, hill billy hick place called Earth.

Postby SirSebstar on Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:29 am

Viceroy63 wrote:
mc05025 wrote:

That's not all that there is to it exactly. You not only need to play better but also with higher ranking players. Also certain games should not be played. And in my opinion, team games are necessary for achieving that goal. The problem is finding a good partner willing to learn and teach.

Other helpful hints are knowing the maps and the players themselves. And a proven strategy that works when adhered to religiously. :D

it is much much harder to collect the needed points in 200 games in teamgames (and remain legal)then on 8 player escalating and stay within your rankgroup.
Major SirSebstar

Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011

Postby sm8900 on Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:04 pm

xiangwang wrote:I got bored, and I feel like I should pass down information that has been passed down to me. Just because someone wrote something about captain under 200 games...i thought I would like to up that :P

These rules are for the purpose of getting points ONLY (not for those who want to have fun and enjoy the different maps).

Rules to follow:

1. Know the basic rules of the game.

2. play freestyle (learn how to use the freestyle system to your advantage and it's just faster than waiting 24 hours for everyone to finish their turn), unlimited fortification (will explain later) and no FOW

3. play 8 player games standard games (you win more points than you lose)

4. Play flatrate or no spoils (i prefer flatrate, since give some incentive to attack) and automatic deployment.
Reason for non-escalation is escalation games diplomacy is pretty much irrelevant (just set up and go for the sweep). Reason for automatic is forces players have to work with what they have and use diplomacy to get what they want.

5. Use the chat box!

By using diplomacy, you can turn losing situations into winning ones. I have seen too many times one player gets super strong and winning while no one talks. The chat box is there for a reason! Make truces, alliances, backstab, it's all part of the game. See someone getting strong, make alliances and bring the top player down! I don't care what people say, the more truces you have, the more chance you get to be left alone and build up your army. Oh yeah, don't attack people for no reason unless you got overwhelming force, wars of attrition don't end well for either players.

6. Think of your armies as bargaining tools

Please don't waste your first cash-in on suicidal attacks, think of your armies as bargaining tools in a world of diplomacy to co-hoerce, threaten, etc. Aka, you got a region you want to keep, but has too many borders? Take the 3rd crusade map for example. Spain can be defending by placing all your troops on Castile (need min 15+ to be effective deterrent) and leaving 1s everywhere else. By leaving 1s on your opponent's borders but with a large army behind it, most players won't bother breaking your bonus because they are not threatened by 1s nor will they want to see 15+ troops potentially crashing into their bonuses. This strategy we'll call the arrow because you are threatening anyone who comes in range (aka breaks your bonus).

Another strategy for bargaining is playing hardball also known as the sword. Have one very LARGE army (90% of your troops and min. 20-30% of troops on the whole board to be effective) on as many borders as possible and leave everything else lightly defended. Basically anyone who breaks your bonus, will be threatened with your large army crashing into them. This strategy allows you to hold bonuses that have just too many borders to defend properly. Remember this is a 6+ player game, each player will be looking after their own interest and no one will risk having 20-30% of the game's total army crashing into their region. Once you have a dominant army then you can start expanding into the area of your interest while threatening anyone who opposes you with your colossal army and pick your enemies off one by one. If someone calls your bluff, you have few choices.
A. Annihilate them depending on how many troops they have.
B. Beat them up a bit without wasting too many of your troops and give them a warning that if they do that again, you will wipe them from the map.
C. If they are of relative strength or stronger than switch over to another strategy because the sword only works if you and your allies have a leading position on the map.

Another strategy people use is what i call the shield. Leaving 3s in each of their territories so people are less likely to plow into their regions only most likely just hit on area to break the bonus. This way, with just 3s, you are not a large threat to anyone so they are less likely to attack you. However the shield can quickly turn into the sword, (in unlimited fortification settings only) by going last (again using freestyle setting), you can fortify all your 3s onto one territory at end of turn, and the moment someone starts you can unleash your army (usually this move is your bid to take the game b/c if you fail, you will be in a terrible position). For example you have 14 territory with just 3s? Doesn't look that threatening right? well once all fortified to one area, that is 13x2+3 = 29 troops on any one of your borders (assuming you don't have certain territories with more than 3). That;s enough troops to make a winning bid.

Remember, these strategies mostly work when there are 4+ players on the board because everyone is looking after their own interest so divide and conquer strategies tend to work. Use your armies to create alliances, truce, threaten to your advantage. Make sure you are one of the last 3 players left because once it's down the 3 players, the dynamic of the game changes a lot. The shield strategy works the best once down to 3 players because you will appear weak since you can't project much power with just 3s and it's a pain having to attack random 3s (we know how shitting dices are) and no player will do that unless they are committing to kill you which hardly should happen when down to 3 players cause they have the other player to worry about. So once you build enough troops, switch over to sword and go for the win.

7. Pick a fairly complex map and specialize in it (i don't care if you lose your first 20 games, you will slowly understand how to play it which will give you an advantage over other players)

Specialize usually means know how the winning player used their territories and how they won. Different regions in the map have a general strategy of how to win Learn them (not only for you to use but also to counter other players from making winning moves). Some maps have special rules, know how to use those rules to your maximum advantage (i.e. Waterloo map, don't leave 1s because they will be bombarded costing ur opponents usually 0 troops to take out yours)

8. Don't get disheartened if you fail, you can only go up!

I would like to dedicate this strategy guide to Kiron (who got me into playing conquerclub and teaching me some tricks).

hmmm. does this work?
Private sm8900

Postby Dukasaur on Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:53 pm

sm8900 wrote:
xiangwang wrote:I got bored, and I feel like I should pass down information that has been passed down to me. Just because someone wrote something about captain under 200 games...i thought I would like to up that :P

These rules are for the purpose of getting points ONLY (not for those who want to have fun and enjoy the different maps).

Rules to follow:

2. play freestyle (learn how to use the freestyle system to your advantage and it's just faster than waiting 24 hours for everyone to finish their turn), unlimited fortification (will explain later) and no FOW

4. Play flatrate or no spoils (i prefer flatrate, since give some incentive to attack) and automatic deployment.
Reason for non-escalation is escalation games diplomacy is pretty much irrelevant (just set up and go for the sweep). Reason for automatic is forces players have to work with what they have and use diplomacy to get what they want.

5. Use the chat box!

By using diplomacy, you can turn losing situations into winning ones. I have seen too many times one player gets super strong and winning while no one talks. The chat box is there for a reason! Make truces, alliances, backstab, it's all part of the game. See someone getting strong, make alliances and bring the top player down! I don't care what people say, the more truces you have, the more chance you get to be left alone and build up your army. Oh yeah, don't attack people for no reason unless you got overwhelming force, wars of attrition don't end well for either players.

Please don't waste your first cash-in on suicidal attacks, think of your armies as bargaining tools in a world of diplomacy to co-hoerce, threaten, etc. Aka, you got a region you want to keep, but has too many borders? Take the 3rd crusade map for example. Spain can be defending by placing all your troops on Castile (need min 15+ to be effective deterrent) and leaving 1s everywhere else. By leaving 1s on your opponent's borders but with a large army behind it, most players won't bother breaking your bonus because they are not threatened by 1s nor will they want to see 15+ troops potentially crashing into their bonuses. This strategy we'll call the arrow because you are threatening anyone who comes in range (aka breaks your bonus).

Another strategy for bargaining is playing hardball also known as the sword. Have one very LARGE army (90% of your troops and min. 20-30% of troops on the whole board to be effective) on as many borders as possible and leave everything else lightly defended. Basically anyone who breaks your bonus, will be threatened with your large army crashing into them. This strategy allows you to hold bonuses that have just too many borders to defend properly. Remember this is a 6+ player game, each player will be looking after their own interest and no one will risk having 20-30% of the game's total army crashing into their region. Once you have a dominant army then you can start expanding into the area of your interest while threatening anyone who opposes you with your colossal army and pick your enemies off one by one. If someone calls your bluff, you have few choices.
B. Beat them up a bit without wasting too many of your troops and give them a warning that if they do that again, you will wipe them from the map.
C. If they are of relative strength or stronger than switch over to another strategy because the sword only works if you and your allies have a leading position on the map.

Another strategy people use is what i call the shield. Leaving 3s in each of their territories so people are less likely to plow into their regions only most likely just hit on area to break the bonus. This way, with just 3s, you are not a large threat to anyone so they are less likely to attack you. However the shield can quickly turn into the sword, (in unlimited fortification settings only) by going last (again using freestyle setting), you can fortify all your 3s onto one territory at end of turn, and the moment someone starts you can unleash your army (usually this move is your bid to take the game b/c if you fail, you will be in a terrible position). For example you have 14 territory with just 3s? Doesn't look that threatening right? well once all fortified to one area, that is 13x2+3 = 29 troops on any one of your borders (assuming you don't have certain territories with more than 3). That;s enough troops to make a winning bid.

Remember, these strategies mostly work when there are 4+ players on the board because everyone is looking after their own interest so divide and conquer strategies tend to work. Use your armies to create alliances, truce, threaten to your advantage. Make sure you are one of the last 3 players left because once it's down the 3 players, the dynamic of the game changes a lot. The shield strategy works the best once down to 3 players because you will appear weak since you can't project much power with just 3s and it's a pain having to attack random 3s (we know how shitting dices are) and no player will do that unless they are committing to kill you which hardly should happen when down to 3 players cause they have the other player to worry about. So once you build enough troops, switch over to sword and go for the win.

7. Pick a fairly complex map and specialize in it (i don't care if you lose your first 20 games, you will slowly understand how to play it which will give you an advantage over other players)

Specialize usually means know how the winning player used their territories and how they won. Different regions in the map have a general strategy of how to win Learn them (not only for you to use but also to counter other players from making winning moves). Some maps have special rules, know how to use those rules to your maximum advantage (i.e. Waterloo map, don't leave 1s because they will be bombarded costing ur opponents usually 0 troops to take out yours)

I would like to dedicate this strategy guide to Kiron (who got me into playing conquerclub and teaching me some tricks).

hmmm. does this work?

It works if you're good at it.
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby sm8900 on Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:36 am

Dukasaur wrote:
sm8900 wrote:

Rules to follow:

5. Use the chat box!

hmmm. does this work?

It works if you're good at it.

agreed.
Private sm8900

Previous

Return to Conquer Club Discussion