Conquer Club

CC is declining again!

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Re: Is CC Declining?

Postby iAmCaffeine on Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:20 am

waauw wrote:I didn't say it's him you insulted.

If you can prove otherwise then I will gladly listen.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby waauw on Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:36 am

iAmCaffeine wrote:

Do you really mean to say that the underlined parts are meant as friendly words about the people you're talking about? Because to me it's perfectly obvious, especially by the e-peens section that there is a derogatory connotation to your words. Not that I really mind, believe me, but it just seemed to me you proved the exact point you were reacting to. You yourself have been corrupted by the nature of these forums.

iAmCaffeine wrote:That mostly applies to the off topic section, which is a shit hole of opinionated, ever-inflating egos where they just stroke each other's e-peens and argue for the sake of it with no valid point.

That said, I also also like to point out the biggest cancers on these forums are people like owenshooter and confederateSS, people who love nothing more than to shit on everybody who has obvious questions(even newbies) and everybody even remotely saying anything positive about the website. To my recollection these two frequent the GD much more than they do the OT.

And yes, this is meant as an insult towards them. I too used to think friendly debating was the way forward, I'm not that naive any longer. You join or you get out, the new rule of the CC-forums.
Lieutenant waauw

Postby iAmCaffeine on Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:02 am

waauw wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:

Do you really mean to say that the underlined parts are meant as friendly words about the people you're talking about? Because to me it's perfectly obvious, especially by the e-peens section that there is a derogatory connotation to your words. Not that I really mind, believe me, but it just seemed to me you proved the exact point you were reacting to. You yourself have been corrupted by the nature of these forums.

iAmCaffeine wrote:That mostly applies to the off topic section, which is a shit hole of opinionated, ever-inflating egos where they just stroke each other's e-peens and argue for the sake of it with no valid point.

That said, I also also like to point out the biggest cancers on these forums are people like owenshooter and confederateSS, people who love nothing more than to shit on everybody who has obvious questions(even newbies) and everybody even remotely saying anything positive about the website. To my recollection these two frequent the GD much more than they do the OT.

And yes, this is meant as an insult towards them. I too used to think friendly debating was the way forward, I'm not that naive any longer. You join or you get out, the new rule of the CC-forums.

I took your quote out of context, apologies. I was being insulting whilst also speaking the truth, which is the part I was asking you to prove otherwise. Any kind of serious debate in off topics becomes more of a personal argument rather than anything of sustenance. It's rare for anything different to happen.

Owen is unique and I wouldn't categorise him with anyone else. Up front, in the forums, he can seem like a royal pain in the arse. However, what most don't see is that whilst he's ridiculing someone's question in the forum he's actually sending them a PM to help out.

Edit: I think it's quite arrogant to try and assume "I've been corrupted by the forums" when you don't know me on a personal level whatsoever. When I meet new people I often describe myself as a "nice dickhead" or a "nice cunt", which I believe is generally how I display myself here too.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby jmyork82 on Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:47 am

Im sorry, but e-peens was hilarious. How do you not laugh at that? Even if somebody referred to my e-peen, I would have to chuckle a little bit.

PS- e-peen makes it sound small :lol:
Lieutenant jmyork82

Postby iAmCaffeine on Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:09 am

jmyork82 wrote:Im sorry, but e-peens was hilarious. How do you not laugh at that? Even if somebody referred to my e-peen, I would have to chuckle a little bit.

PS- e-peen makes it sound small :lol:

They're over-compensating.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby waauw on Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:54 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:Owen is unique and I wouldn't categorise him with anyone else. Up front, in the forums, he can seem like a royal pain in the arse. However, what most don't see is that whilst he's ridiculing someone's question in the forum he's actually sending them a PM to help out.

Seeming a royal pain in the arse and being one is really the same thing. And it's very easy to cathegorize him: 'trolls'. He is most certainly one of the worst on here.
Usually people can't keep up acts for very long periods, they will always show their true selves from time to time. But considering how unrelenting he is with his trolling and for how long he has been going at this, it does make me wonder what is really going on in that little skull of his. What psychological aberration has made him so resolved in his trolling-practices that it goes on as an unstoppable train?
Lieutenant waauw

Postby rockfist on Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:52 pm

Everybody has to be the best at something. He has a gift, to deny it would be foolish.
Brigadier rockfist

Postby BoganGod on Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:44 am

rockfist wrote:Everybody has to be the best at something. He has a gift, to deny it would be foolish.

All HAIL, the idiot savant of trolling. Trollier Invictus! Seig Heil!!!!
Corporal BoganGod

Postby iAmCaffeine on Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:48 am

If it wasn't for clans I wouldn't still be here. For all his good intentions, half of the shit bW has done here is a wankstain on Saville's unwashed sock. I think the dice are the most annoying though. We've known for ages they're not random so how about fucking do something about it? It's not secret that they're the biggest cause for people leaving.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby ConfederateSS on Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:06 pm

-------This thread isn't just a count down. There are are many great ideas(repeated) in this thread. To turn the decline around.I have brought some up. The High Command ignores them and goes their own way for some reason. I speak out for the regular joes. Those who are not catered to by the High Command. Like the Clans,Cliques,and Tourney shmoes. All the changes to the site favor a few. When it's the regulars joes/casual players. That make up the majority of the site. The new member base. But I guess the others can't see that.
-------If you go back through pages 93-97. Mostly page 95. You stirred Jn up. If Jn made you pee your pants and quit being a volunteer. That's not my fault. If the High Command would make changes that regular players like. We would still have about 15,000,maybe 20,000. But we do have Tic-Tac-Toe. =D> . I'm in favor of the C.C. app Idea. C.C. should find a real way to advertise.
-------I always help new players in the Public Pool. Where the real fun is at. Not hiding in Cliques and Clans. Worrying about ranks,points,and such. Looking down at new players and staying away from them. ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion).
Corporal 1st Class ConfederateSS

Location: THE CONFEDERATE STATES of AMERICA and THE OLD WEST!

Postby BoganGod on Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:50 am

iAmCaffeine wrote:If it wasn't for clans I wouldn't still be here. For all his good intentions, half of the shit bW has done here is a wankstain on Saville's unwashed sock. I think the dice are the most annoying though. We've known for ages they're not random so how about fucking do something about it? It's not secret that they're the biggest cause for people leaving.

de caf kid, am tempted to call you alex the kid(old video arcade machine from before you were born). I find myself agreeing with you once again. Must check my prejudice filter, could be broken. Am supposed to mislike whiny poms, have been conditioned to do so. Sadly you speak sense again. Me I'm here for a few friends and clan mates of many years. Would not be here otherwise.
Hugs and Kisses from Uncle Bogan.
Corporal BoganGod

Postby 2007spaceodyssey on Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:13 pm

Captain 2007spaceodyssey

Postby jmyork82 on Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:55 am

2007spaceodyssey wrote:7504

That can't be right, that would indicate that the membership just inclined. Wrong thread spaceodyssey, this is for everybody who wants to keep talking about how the sky is falling. :P
Lieutenant jmyork82

Postby jmyork82 on Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:58 am

BGtheBrain wrote:
xroads wrote:WOW, accelerating fast. Down to 7450, how long until we fall through 7000?

December 1st

Almost December, should have bet you a dollar BG ;)
Lieutenant jmyork82

Postby 2007spaceodyssey on Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:00 am

Well what about this, 7535
Captain 2007spaceodyssey

Postby owenshooter on Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:52 am

listen guys... you all know how much i love the site... you all know i am an open and vocal critic, without bias (i say what is good and what sucks). we all, also know, that when i'm wrong, i can admit it. that isn't too hard to do, because it rarely happens. however, i have been wrong. the prosecution has been wrong. this recurring membership / bank withdrawal is what is going to save the site. the site is definitely on the rebound. if it were not for CC dipping right into my bank account and pulling out the funds to keep going, i would not be here. i would have let my membership lapse and moved on... oh... wait... i'm freemium again!!! ok, CARRY ON!!! THE SKY IS FALLING AND JAMES BOND CAN'T SAVE US!!!!!!-Jésus noir

THE SKY IS FALLING!!!
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby Mad777 on Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:00 am

2007spaceodyssey wrote:Well what about this, 7535

sorry my ignorance, but what is this number about? and does it come from?
".....Under Phucumol treatment....."
https://youtu.be/zlusWzDY4qw
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby Donelladan on Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:07 am

Mad777 wrote:

It is the number of people on the scoreboard
Just click scoreboard, full score leaderboard, and that's the number we are speaking of : 7536 results on 31 pages.
Brigadier Donelladan

Postby Mad777 on Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:14 am

Donelladan wrote:
Mad777 wrote:

Just click scoreboard, full score leaderboard, and that's the number we are speaking of : 7536 results on 31 pages.

oh that is right, I forgot about looking there...So this is showing active players...and if a player doesn't play for 30 days then his names is remove from this ranking?
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby Donelladan on Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:34 am

Yes.
Brigadier Donelladan

Postby owenshooter on Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:40 am

Mad777 wrote:
Donelladan wrote:
Mad777 wrote:

oh that is right, I forgot about looking there...So this is showing active players...and if a player doesn't play for 30 days then his names is remove from this ranking?

um... welcome to 2011? i always find it odd that people that are active in the community have NO IDEA about things like this... you know, the decline, bank robbery memberships, etc... it is like they stumble into the forums and are hit by a blinding light... the black jesus is not shocked, he has seen it before...-Jésus noir
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby Donelladan on Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:48 am

owenshooter wrote:
Mad777 wrote:
Donelladan wrote:
Mad777 wrote:

um... welcome to 2011? i always find it odd that people that are active in the community have NO IDEA about things like this... you know, the decline, bank robbery memberships, etc... it is like they stumble into the forums and are hit by a blinding light... the black jesus is not shocked, he has seen it before...-Jésus noir

Well, I go every day on CC, I am here since years, I go every day on the forum, but there is still things I do not know about because I do not visit every single part of the forum.
Mad knows probably more about tournaments and what is going on in the tournaments section of the forum than you or me because he is Tournament Director, it doesn't mean he comes here to read a topic called " is cc declining", not very attractive topic.

I find it relatively normal.
Brigadier Donelladan

Postby Mad777 on Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:13 am

It happens more often now that I randomly go reading some of the crap in this Forum :lol: , mainly because when I took this TD position in April and seeing how tournament participation is declining I was wonder what others says and maybe this will give idea to try getting more attraction with the spine of this CC (yes I believe that without tournament this site will turn to be another of those community Forum)

If people would spend more time playing instead of exposing BS then the dynamic of this site will increase "play wise"...just kidding ;)

owen, i think a quick comparaison between your game amount/time with CC will reveal what Don just said...you joined more than 8 years ago for 2800+ played, I did joined more than 6 years ago for 5300+ games played (and I'm not considering myself having many games playing)...your interest seems to be more focus on what other said so you can reply...my focus is about having fun playing games (that is the primary and unique reason I joined this site years ago). Again and this is only my personal opinion, I think players (old and new) should be thinking about why they joined this site? (not meaning that would have more focusing on tournament, public game, etc...but I think it will help if more topic promoting the game itself that arguing about the technical side of this site).

Will see what the future will reserve to CC...hoping for good stuff coming up 8-)
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby owenshooter on Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:42 am

Mad777 wrote:owen, i think a quick comparaison between your game amount/time with CC will reveal what Don just said...you joined more than 8 years ago for 2800+ played, I did joined more than 6 years ago for 5300+ games played (and I'm not considering myself having many games playing)...your interest seems to be more focus on what other said so you can reply...my focus is about having fun playing games (that is the primary and unique reason I joined this site years ago). Again and this is only my personal opinion.

and you are pretty much 100% wrong... but hey, it's your opinion... i doubt you took into account the large percentage of my games are TEAM and take a lot longer than the type of games you play... i also bet it doesn't take into account the almost 2 years total i accrued in mostly bogus bans, which caused me to not want to play as much... you should dive a bit more into the history of CC and it's players, it is fascinating... as far as tournaments declining, that is a really good question... i know there have been a lot of issues with tournaments and the C&A lately. guys like confederates and caffeine and eddie are the ones you should probably speak with... the black jesus has spoken...-Jésus noir
Lieutenant owenshooter

PreviousNext

Return to Conquer Club Discussion