Conquer Club

CC is declining again!

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Re: CC has been declining

Postby IcePack on Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:21 am

chapcrap wrote:I’ve said this for years and it’s more and more true every day. CC is not going to survive without a decent app. Decent is a low bar. Right now there is nothing at all. It’s almost extinct.

Yep I agree, I pushed that topic for years unfortunately w no progress

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby 2dimes on Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:13 am

IcePack wrote:
chapcrap wrote:I’ve said this for years and it’s more and more true every day. CC is not going to survive without a decent app. Decent is a low bar. Right now there is nothing at all. It’s almost extinct.

Yep I agree, I pushed that topic for years unfortunately w no progress

Where can we find your app?
Corporal 2dimes

Postby DoomYoshi on Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:18 pm

RISK on complicated maps isn't a game that fits on phones...
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby IcePack on Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:46 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:

There are plenty of ways to do it, far more complicated games and maps are played on phones.

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby chapcrap on Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:42 pm

IcePack wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:

There are plenty of ways to do it, far more complicated games and maps are played on phones.

Totally agree. I have a Risk app. It works great. It would not be hard to mimic. Many phones are large enough. And many people have tablets anyway. Fewer and fewer people are on actual computers. Most are on some mobile device
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby EBConquer on Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:26 am

Not for old schoolers on CC but I’ve agreed with this for a long time. An app is where it’s at. I only look on mobile but turn on a computer because there always seems to be something I miss on mobile. The dev will be a huge undertaking if it’s not already in development.
Colonel EBConquer

Postby 2dimes on Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:15 am

It would be easier to implement the pizza button than create an app.

Apps are pretty limited since they need to fit in and on your phone. Are you ready to fill your phones limited memory with maps?

Bad cellular coverage will help the lag won't it?
Corporal 2dimes

Postby IcePack on Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:32 am

2dimes wrote:It would be easier to implement the pizza button than create an app.

Apps are pretty limited since they need to fit in and on your phone. Are you ready to fill your phones limited memory with maps?

Bad cellular coverage will help the lag won't it?

You do realize ppl play on the phones now don’t you? Phones are having more and more memory, maps aren’t that burdensome mate. This isn’t the days of a few MB storages

Cell coverage? Again...ppl are already playing on phones, these arguments are poor at best

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby 2dimes on Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:11 am

Prove me wrong with your app.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby xroads on Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:36 am

Actually if you turn off the user interface, it becomes very playable on your phone. However if I forget to turn off the interface on my laptop, I cant turn it off from my phone
Major xroads

Postby IcePack on Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:45 am

xroads wrote:Actually if you turn off the user interface, it becomes very playable on your phone. However if I forget to turn off the interface on my laptop, I cant turn it off from my phone

You can always request desktop site from your phone and turn it off there.

2dimes wrote:Prove me wrong with your app.

No

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby 2dimes on Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:39 pm

Zacklee
Corporal 2dimes

Postby bamage on Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:24 pm

It's at least encouraging that this thread is so active - shows people care.

Just two points:

1. It is amazing to me that so many of the remaining players joined 8 or more years ago. CC is no longer "setting the hook" that was so thoroughly set in our mouths way back in the day. That's probably a function of changing expectations in peoples' minds (a.k.a. impatience) and a general migration to mobile devices.

2. I feel that a simple hover-over feature on mobile... possibly using a long-press?... would go a long way towards keeping this game fun on mobile. Maps have gotten so complex that we need to always be able to interrogate a territory for its attack and defense characteristics.

Unlike some in this thread, I'm not as concerned about the screen real estate issue. It's an issue, but not as big as the inability to interrogate a territory's options, imo.
Colonel bamage

Postby MagnusGreeol on Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:23 am

I believe patience is what the New Recruits lack these days, the world is moving so fast and people want fast instant fun. Seems the days of patience and working towards learning are gone, And replaced by "If I don't know, I don't show?".

Sad really, Because those who disappear into the wind will never breath the fun CC offers, And anyone who has been here a long time and shits on CC, Is shitting on all the true friendships that were made by all, Because without it would never had existed.

CC isn't just a war game for me, Over the years, CC has taught me to be more strategical in real life, It has taught me to think of every move I make, It has improved my people skills by reading all the thoughts and feelings others have, It has made me realize more, that for every action there is a reaction, Being able to think outside the box is easier now because the years spent here having to do so, And it has brought me brothers and sisters I never would of had. CC is a part of my life, And Im more than happy to be a part of it, In this time, With all of you! ")>

Salut CC brothers & sisters! Long may we reign!

\MGM/
Colonel MagnusGreeol

Postby bamage on Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:29 am

Well said, MagnusGreeol!

Especially...

CC has taught me to be more strategical in real life, It has taught me to think of every move I make

After playing CC, even listening to the news is more interesting, as I now consider the public-facing statements of diplomats while pondering their derivative motives.

CC is a thinking man's game, for sure, and it does not leave its participants unchanged.
Colonel bamage

Postby xroads on Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:42 am

Or perhaps it is Bigwhams stubbornness to keep starting new people with the user interface turned on.

It sucks ass big time, I would never have stayed if I had to use/learn it 10 years ago.
Major xroads

Postby KoolBak on Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:53 am

I use my phone to play all the time. I would NOT download an app if there was one.

Didn't see anywhere to vote :lol:

Right there with ya Magno-Gree ;o) Well said....nicely played.

PS - never seen "Bamage" before...love the statement "I don't have drain bamage!" after a knock to the head! lmao (sadly, I say that more often than one should). What's the story behind your name, if one might inquire?
"Gypsy told my fortune...she said that nothin showed...."

Neil Young....Like An Inca

AND:
riskllama wrote:Koolbak wins this thread.
Sergeant 1st Class KoolBak

Postby ConfederateSS on Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:45 pm

MagnusGreeol wrote:I believe patience is what the New Recruits lack these days, the world is moving so fast and people want fast instant fun. Seems the days of patience and working towards learning are gone, And replaced by "If I don't know, I don't show?".

Sad really, Because those who disappear into the wind will never breath the fun CC offers, And anyone who has been here a long time and shits on CC, Is shitting on all the true friendships that were made by all, Because without it would never had existed.

CC isn't just a war game for me, Over the years, CC has taught me to be more strategical in real life, It has taught me to think of every move I make, It has improved my people skills by reading all the thoughts and feelings others have, It has made me realize more, that for every action there is a reaction, Being able to think outside the box is easier now because the years spent here having to do so, And it has brought me brothers and sisters I never would of had. CC is a part of my life, And Im more than happy to be a part of it, In this time, With all of you! ")>

\MGM/

------ =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
----------May, C.C. rise once more... ;)
---------May,The Goddess of "VICTORY",bless all our dice rolls... :D :D :D
---------For those who hate on C.C.,dice or otherwise..,frankly I don't give a DAMN :!: :!: :!: O:) O:) O:) O:) ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)... O:) O:) O:) O:)
Corporal 1st Class ConfederateSS

Location: THE CONFEDERATE STATES of AMERICA and THE OLD WEST!

Postby HitRed on Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:07 pm

I don't belong to any other game sites. This is it. This is home.

HitRed
Captain HitRed

Postby iAmCaffeine on Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:23 am

I play a few games but I don't get involved with the communities elsewhere like I do with this one. This sure as shit aint home though. Too many pricks.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby MagnusGreeol on Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:36 am

HitRed wrote:5052

HitRed

Same here HR! I don't even know what other sites look like, CC is what I have, All I need! '')>

iAmCaffeine wrote:I play a few games but I don't get involved with the communities elsewhere like I do with this one. This sure as shit aint home though. Too many pricks.

You have been here how long? How many posts have you made? Leader of a clan, I would assume/hope you've made some close to very close friends here that aren't "pricks", So rough of you to say "This sure as shit aint home though"? You have made your bed here for so long, I would swear it was your home!? '')>
Colonel MagnusGreeol

Postby jusplay4fun on Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:31 am

As usual, lots of good stuff here by Mags. I agree with MOST of what he posted.

JP4F

MagnusGreeol wrote:I believe patience is what the New Recruits lack these days, the world is moving so fast and people want fast instant fun. Seems the days of patience and working towards learning are gone, And replaced by "If I don't know, I don't show?".

\MGM/
Sergeant 1st Class jusplay4fun

Postby iAmCaffeine on Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:24 pm

MagnusGreeol wrote:

HitRed

Same here HR! I don't even know what other sites look like, CC is what I have, All I need! '')>

iAmCaffeine wrote:I play a few games but I don't get involved with the communities elsewhere like I do with this one. This sure as shit aint home though. Too many pricks.

You have been here how long? How many posts have you made? Leader of a clan, I would assume/hope you've made some close to very close friends here that aren't "pricks", So rough of you to say "This sure as shit aint home though"? You have made your bed here for so long, I would swear it was your home!? '')>

My home is the house I bought and live in. Not some online residence.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby MagnusGreeol on Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:19 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:
MagnusGreeol wrote:

HitRed

My home is the house I bought and live in. Not some online residence.

We were both reffering to sites, obv, You are at your RL residence when constantly logging on CC for all these years, your thousands of posts, And was I wrong to say you have made close friends here, Or is everyone you know here disposable?
Colonel MagnusGreeol

Postby iAmCaffeine on Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:28 am

Of course I have close friends here, I never said otherwise. I just said there are too many pricks to call this place home. Those statements can coexist.
Cook iAmCaffeine

PreviousNext

Return to Conquer Club Discussion