Conquer Club

CC is declining again!

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Re: CC has been declining

Postby Keefie on Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:31 am

Symmetry wrote:
MagnusGreeol wrote:New Recruits are the future, And not enough of us here pay as much attention to them as we ALL should!? Most go about their every day playing games here and posting in forums without the thought of NR's,, Not understanding that without them, The numbers could/will continue to plummet!? Ive been able to capture and hold many NR's attention, Gift memberships, team and teach them, If we all did this, The numbers will rise! But I go into others Superguide games, And found in more cases than not, That the Superguide doesn't even say Hi, Welcome, Im here to help!? I know a lot of NR are silent or don't see the chat, But keep saying Hi, welcome to cc, I'm here to help,, for the small % that does see chat or wants to see that there is a human being on the other side!!??

We all here in CC have to do our part, in making sure this CC Community we love, Thrives and survives!?

\MGM/

I agree- a lot of of the established players don'y really bother with the community aspects of the site anymore. Ignoring chat, and the forums, for example, or retreating into clans that new players can't access.

It'd be great if new players could click on the chat room button and get at least one of the many mods, and have some of the top players there showing their support.

As a slight aside- I went to a meeting today about why a new system of benefits isn't working to get people signed up properly. Turns out one of the biggest hurdles was that people had to wait for a reply when they had a problem. They fixed a significant part of their retention problem by just having people on hand to answer simple questions.

Worth considering, perhaps.

and some people on this site actually play some games too.
Major Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby jusplay4fun on Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:59 am

I agree with Mags here. Good Stuff, Mags.

JP

MagnusGreeol wrote:New Recruits are the future, And not enough of us here pay as much attention to them as we ALL should!? Most go about their every day playing games here and posting in forums without the thought of NR's,, Not understanding that without them, The numbers could/will continue to plummet!? Ive been able to capture and hold many NR's attention, Gift memberships, team and teach them, If we all did this, The numbers will rise! But I go into others Superguide games, And found in more cases than not, That the Superguide doesn't even say Hi, Welcome, Im here to help!? I know a lot of NR are silent or don't see the chat, But keep saying Hi, welcome to cc, I'm here to help,, for the small % that does see chat or wants to see that there is a human being on the other side!!??

We all here in CC have to do our part, in making sure this CC Community we love, Thrives and survives!?

\MGM/
Sergeant 1st Class jusplay4fun

Postby MagnusGreeol on Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:03 am

jusplay4fun wrote:I agree with Mags here. Good Stuff, Mags.

JP

\MGM/

Salut Miguel!

You are as much a CC soldier for survival (CCSS) as I am brother! Thanks for all you do! '')>

Sincerely,

\MGM/
Colonel MagnusGreeol

Postby xroads on Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:51 am

Until they start new players with the clunky hard to learn user interface turned off, they will never capture enough new players to make a difference.

I would say 90% give up after getting frustrated.
Major xroads

Postby xroads on Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:52 am

And 5140 BTW, crashing closer to the 5000 level.
Major xroads

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:31 am

xroads wrote:Until they start new players with the clunky hard to learn user interface turned off, they will never capture enough new players to make a difference.

Totally wrong. A lot more than 90% give up, something like 98%. But it has nothing to do with the interface being "clunky". In fact, the new member retention rate went up quite a bit since the various changes BW made, including panels but also including many other things. It's close to 2% now, while it used to be less than 1%. Bottom line, the reason we don't keep new members is that people searching for war games are looking for something a little more immersive, with explosions and blood spatter and the sound of Stukas screaming overhead. That's something we simply don't have the resources to offer. A low-key, minimalist-graphics, no-soundtrack game like this is just not going to keep most people's attention. There's nothing difficult about the interface. There are a few advanced features that not everybody will care about, but the basic progression of Deploy > Attack > Advance > End stands out quite clearly from the crowd, and people who don't care about advanced stats or other things are free to ignore them.

Compared to a flight sim or Tank Commander or something like Sid Meier's Gettysburg, Conquer Club is ludicrously easy to learn.
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Captain Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby iAmCaffeine on Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:35 am

Dukasaur wrote:
xroads wrote:Until they start new players with the clunky hard to learn user interface turned off, they will never capture enough new players to make a difference.

Totally wrong. A lot more than 90% give up, something like 98%. But it has nothing to do with the interface being "clunky". In fact, the new member retention rate went up quite a bit since the various changes BW made, including panels but also including many other things. It's close to 2% now, while it used to be less than 1%. Bottom line, the reason we don't keep new members is that people searching for war games are looking for something a little more immersive, with explosions and blood spatter and the sound of Stukas screaming overhead. That's something we simply don't have the resources to offer. A low-key, minimalist-graphics, no-soundtrack game like this is just not going to keep most people's attention. There's nothing difficult about the interface. There are a few advanced features that not everybody will care about, but the basic progression of Deploy > Attack > Advance > End stands out quite clearly from the crowd, and people who don't care about advanced stats or other things are free to ignore them.

Compared to a flight sim or Tank Commander or something like Sid Meier's Gettysburg, Conquer Club is ludicrously easy to learn.

What the f*ck are you talking about? People don't come here for "war games", they come for a way to play risk that doesn't involve sitting at the table for hours and for a way to play more. The problem is accessibility of the site (read: absolute shit on mobile) and because people don't want to pay for a game they're not yet familiar with but also don't want to wait 24hrs to play.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby xroads on Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:42 am

Dukasaur wrote:

Are you kidding me?

The user interface sucks ass.

Try to find someone who has never been on CC, sign them up and watch them try to play a game while sitting there not saying a word, it is a joke. Very few will stick around to play a game if you cant even figure out how to take a turn without quite a bit of study.
Major xroads

Postby riskllama on Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:11 pm

perhaps allowing NR's unlimited speed games until they become ranked players would help? a much better option than having them have to muck around trying to redeem those 100 credits or whatever it is for the 5 game speed pack., imo. if that doesn't get them hooked, nothing will. wow, i literally just thought of that.

:o
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby HitRed on Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:13 pm

riskllama wrote:perhaps allowing NR's unlimited speed games until they become ranked players would help? a much better option than having them have to muck around trying to redeem those 100 credits or whatever it is for the 5 game speed pack., imo. if that doesn't get them hooked, nothing will. wow, i literally just thought of that.

+1
Captain HitRed

Postby hopalong on Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:14 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:

What the f*ck are you talking about? People don't come here for "war games", they come for a way to play risk that doesn't involve sitting at the table for hours and for a way to play more. The problem is accessibility of the site (read: absolute shit on mobile) and because people don't want to pay for a game they're not yet familiar with but also don't want to wait 24hrs to play.

i came her for caf, and continue to cum time and time again.
Major hopalong

Postby iloverisk100 on Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:34 pm

i am a dweeb
New Recruit iloverisk100

Postby zeus111 on Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:05 am

riskllama wrote:perhaps allowing NR's unlimited speed games until they become ranked players would help? a much better option than having them have to muck around trying to redeem those 100 credits or whatever it is for the 5 game speed pack., imo. if that doesn't get them hooked, nothing will. wow, i literally just thought of that.

will create more multi accounts but as this is first positive thought i ve ever read from u ill leave this one b
Lieutenant zeus111

Postby riskllama on Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:21 am

zeus111 wrote:

will create more multi accounts but as this is first positive thought i ve ever read from u ill leave this one b

thx, man... :roll:
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby zeus111 on Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:26 am

@lama u bet irky
Lieutenant zeus111

Postby WILLIAMS5232 on Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:18 pm

riskllama wrote:*5143

zeus111 wrote:

thx, man... :roll:

After 5 games they're ranked, so thats not much really. Best thing probably is free month premium or something.
Major WILLIAMS5232

Postby xroads on Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:46 am

First time below 5100 and inching closer to 5000.
Major xroads

Postby xroads on Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:01 pm

The only bad thing about the count, is that it is actually a month behind.

I believe you have to go 30 days without taking a turn to fall off the count, so 300 people could have left yesterday, but wont show up for 29 more days.
Major xroads

Postby Symmetry on Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:35 pm

Pirlo wrote:When I look at the number of online users, I see it's like only 60% of the number I used to find a year ago.

This indicates CC is not even stable and non-growing; rather, it's declining!

17315 are the current users. I think they used to be +20.000 last year. :-k

I don't really get why this thread is still the top post for new players to see.

Move it to off topics.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby IcePack on Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:35 pm

Symmetry wrote:
Pirlo wrote:When I look at the number of online users, I see it's like only 60% of the number I used to find a year ago.

I don't really get why this thread is still the top post for new players to see.

Move it to off topics.

It has to do with Conquer Club, it isn't off topic.

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Symmetry on Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:44 pm

IcePack wrote:
Symmetry wrote:

Move it to off topics.

Mate, you're stuck in the past, like this thread. You're literally representing yourself as Heath Ledger's Joker still. Move on, dude A memorial sig and avi just comes across as a bit sad.

Don't get stuck in the past, IP. You can move on passed Heath Ledger in that film.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby IcePack on Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:45 pm

Symmetry wrote:
IcePack wrote:
Symmetry wrote:

Move it to off topics.

Mate, you're stuck in the past, like this thread. You're literally representing yourself as Heath Ledger's Joker still. Move on, dude A memorial sig and avi just comes across as a bit sad.

Don't get stuck in the past, IP. You can move on passed Heath Ledger in that film.

You seem pretty stuck on my sig and avi. You constantly mention it even when its off topic and irrelevant to the conversation. See. This thread is on topic, you are not. See yourself out.

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Symmetry on Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:54 pm

IcePack wrote:
Symmetry wrote:
IcePack wrote:
Symmetry wrote:

Move it to off topics.

You seem pretty stuck on my sig and avi. You constantly mention it even when its off topic and irrelevant to the conversation. See. This thread is on topic, you are not. See yourself out.

Mate, I consider all parts of your argument when you post. If you choose to present yourself as Heath Ledger's joker in every response, and to make your signature to every response Heath Ledger, asking me to pretend that you didn't mention Heath Ledger's Joker is kinda silly.

Get a grip, dude- you want to frame your arguments with Heath Ledger's Joker, but you want to people to never mention it? Really?
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby xroads on Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:53 am

Looks like Teegee will owe me a beer soon
Major xroads

Postby IcePack on Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:45 am

xroads wrote:5084

Looks like Teegee will owe me a beer soon

Yep and this is the time of year it typically climbs out of the summer downturn. If CC doesn’t get a bump from the school crowd like usual, it’ll go downhill much faster.
Pretty soon the "don't worry it always goes down in the summer" excuse won't be able to be used anymore.

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Conquer Club Discussion