Conquer Club

CC is declining again!

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Re: CC has been declining

Postby xroads on Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:40 pm

Bullshit, this site is dying because the owner doesnt give a shit and treats it like a toy.
Lieutenant xroads

Postby TeeGee on Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:45 pm

xroads wrote:Bullshit, this site is dying because the owner doesnt give a shit and treats it like a toy.

I'll just stick to the facts..
Major TeeGee
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Location: Traversing the Multiverse, looking for a Yak with 3 ears

Postby Mad777 on Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:47 pm

TeeGee wrote:
IcePack wrote:
hopalong wrote:
IcePack wrote:(min 20 games this month)

does that mean 20 games started over last 30 days? that would probably discount all noble and sexy freems (plus all the other freems besides me).

I believe itā€™s 20 completed.

TeeGee wrote:It's summer in the Northern hemisphere and CC has always declined at its fastest rate at this time of year, even when we had 15000+ active members, the same as we see increases in December and January

We are still decreasing at a slower rate than google analytic searches on Risk online and in comparison to other risk online sites such as landgrab.

While summer is always the worst, as xroads showed every summer compared with one another itā€™s gotten drastically lower and lower. And continues to reach new lows.

and it is not just CC, it is risk style sites across the entire internet.. It is not just a CC problem.

I would agree with the fact that Risk game play got overpass by all newest game on mobile app, that is why this site need to be transfer to a more modern interface to try at least to compete...right now the site is not going to that direction. Risk is one of the few game style that is played by all age versus many others that only have a little bracket of age.
Like Auto Tournament, and all the gigantic works made throughout those years to have a site that offer so many map and settings, why not bringing it to a modern platform? Merging Risk and civilization concept is not a bad thing however it wonā€™t attract an all age community, way too complex and most of the time the games are taking forever...but again, the site owner is the one who decide which direction to go...despite several suggestion and comment over the last years
".....Under Phucumol treatment....."
https://youtu.be/zlusWzDY4qw
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby TeeGee on Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:49 pm

I agree we need a game that can work on phones, i tried playing hive on my phone once :(

Are there any risk type apps at all though??
Major TeeGee
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby xroads on Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:51 pm

TeeGee wrote:
xroads wrote:Bullshit, this site is dying because the owner doesnt give a shit and treats it like a toy.

I'll just stick to the facts..

Ok the facts are since 2011 you have made excuse aftrr exvuse in this thread, and the decline still continues.
Lieutenant xroads

Postby Mad777 on Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:13 pm

TeeGee wrote:I agree we need a game that can work on phones, i tried playing hive on my phone once :(

I donā€™t know but I will check...
".....Under Phucumol treatment....."
https://youtu.be/zlusWzDY4qw
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby TeeGee on Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:26 pm

Mad777 wrote:
TeeGee wrote:I agree we need a game that can work on phones, i tried playing hive on my phone once :(

I donā€™t know but I will check...

I have found only 1, but it's Hasbro.
Major TeeGee
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby riskllama on Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:08 pm

it would sure be nice to see what would happen if BigWorm actually attempted one.
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby HitRed on Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:14 pm

Is Big Wham real?
Last edited by HitRed on Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Captain HitRed

Postby xroads on Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:14 pm

I would be happy with a real attempt at marketing, IE monthly emails to members, a vibrant Facebook group, etc.

Also some basic how to play videos on youtube, believe it or not, for a newbie the user interface is really hard to pick up.
Lieutenant xroads

Postby riskllama on Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:18 pm

what's preventing you from making/posting a video or two, xroads?
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby xroads on Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:35 pm

riskllama wrote:what's preventing you from making/posting a video or two, xroads?

1. I pay to belong play games here, I should work for free advertising for CC as well?
2. Ownership has not shown 2 shits of interest in improving CC, so why help him?
3. I have never made a video in my life, and I am not going to start.
Lieutenant xroads

Postby iAmCaffeine on Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:43 am

Yes this site is dying, just like all styles of this game. There isn't a quick game option for people unless they pay, and people don't pay for a product before knowing it's any good. Brand new players can't play speed games, which would be the thing they want, and so they're not going to stick around or pay. Casual gaming is dead. Without speed games available to everyone for free in some form, and without any kind of mobile app, it's just a waiting game until there are four of us left playing freestyle flat rate classic.

On the other hand, let's stop saying bW does nothing. He does things for CC outside of his full time job. You can question his priorities and some of his practices (e.g. premium subscriptions) but to say he's MIA isn't accurate. I'm all up for criticism and trying to find solutions (good joke) but let's keep things factually correct at least. Such as part of our moderation team being known racists. That is a fact.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby Dukasaur on Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:29 am

iAmCaffeine wrote:Yes this site is dying, just like all styles of this game. There isn't a quick game option for people unless they pay, and people don't pay for a product before knowing it's any good. Brand new players can't play speed games, which would be the thing they want, and so they're not going to stick around or pay. Casual gaming is dead. Without speed games available to everyone for free in some form, and without any kind of mobile app, it's just a waiting game until there are four of us left playing freestyle flat rate classic.

On the other hand, let's stop saying bW does nothing. He does things for CC outside of his full time job. You can question his priorities and some of his practices (e.g. premium subscriptions) but to say he's MIA isn't accurate. I'm all up for criticism and trying to find solutions (good joke) but let's keep things factually correct at least. Such as part of our moderation team being known racists. That is a fact.

If you're going to keep things factually accurate, why don't you start with your two paragraphs.

1. There are quick game options for people to play without paying: they can play bot games, they get guide games (in which they can choose speed) and they get enough credits to start with that they can buy a speed game pack.

2. There are no racists that I know of on the moderation team. That is a solid fact.
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby iAmCaffeine on Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:00 am

Dukasaur wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:Yes this site is dying, just like all styles of this game. There isn't a quick game option for people unless they pay, and people don't pay for a product before knowing it's any good. Brand new players can't play speed games, which would be the thing they want, and so they're not going to stick around or pay. Casual gaming is dead. Without speed games available to everyone for free in some form, and without any kind of mobile app, it's just a waiting game until there are four of us left playing freestyle flat rate classic.

If you're going to keep things factually accurate, why don't you start with your two paragraphs.

1. There are quick game options for people to play without paying: they can play bot games, they get guide games (in which they can choose speed) and they get enough credits to start with that they can buy a speed game pack.

2. There are no racists that I know of on the moderation team. That is a solid fact.

1. Don't be so intentionally dense. Bot games are shite. Guide games are shite. We're talking about actual PvP games here. Let's not act stupid. No new player is going to have a clue what credits are or where to find them. It's not user friendly whatsoever. When someone makes an account, direct them instantly to a guide game in an obvious in your face way. Give them 10 free speed games.

2. Key words being "that you know of". Although for that to be true, you'd have to be incredibly ignorant.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby IcePack on Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:09 am

TeeGee wrote:
IcePack wrote:
hopalong wrote:
IcePack wrote:(min 20 games this month)

does that mean 20 games started over last 30 days? that would probably discount all noble and sexy freems (plus all the other freems besides me).

I believe itā€™s 20 completed.

TeeGee wrote:It's summer in the Northern hemisphere and CC has always declined at its fastest rate at this time of year, even when we had 15000+ active members, the same as we see increases in December and January

We are still decreasing at a slower rate than google analytic searches on Risk online and in comparison to other risk online sites such as landgrab.

While summer is always the worst, as xroads showed every summer compared with one another itā€™s gotten drastically lower and lower. And continues to reach new lows.

and it is not just CC, it is risk style sites across the entire internet.. It is not just a CC problem.

There are games and catagory is games that are growing and expanding.
Saying itā€™s the magic google searches problem and pointing to other failed sites that have done nothing just like cc as also trending downward is just accepting defeat without embracing potential changes that can actually mean something.
You can keep blaming the big box in the sky (google) and point to other failures to make yourself feel better but thatā€™s how you end up like toys r us.

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby jusplay4fun on Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:52 am

I think it is well documented that most websites have shown a decline over that past 1-2-5-10 years (pick one).

There are simply more options for time online and for entertainment (TV, movies, online services, cable, etc.).

I suspect that the growth has been in social media over that same time period. Facebook may have peaked aleady, but I have not looked at stats on social media use.

JP
Sergeant 1st Class jusplay4fun

Postby iAmCaffeine on Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:20 am

jusplay4fun wrote:I think it is well documented that most websites have shown a decline over that past 1-2-5-10 years (pick one).

Do you actually mean all websites? Or do you need to be more specific?
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby HitRed on Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:06 am

I have been told for Summer this is normal.
Captain HitRed

Postby riskllama on Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:12 am

HitRed wrote:5366

just like climate change, right?
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby IcePack on Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:12 am

HitRed wrote:5366

Yeah, the sharpest decline is always now. And the numbers will slightly recover in the fall / winter. But every year, less and less.

Summer last year was 7,000..so we already are below last years summer decline nearly 2,000 more members year to year.

The decline is normal. The player count and severity of it are not, these are new lows.

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby jusplay4fun on Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:37 am

To be more specific, game websites, especially as used from computer and tablets.

Here is a stat:
Needless to say, laptop and desktop devices mark a 20-percent decrease in usage, dropping to 45 percent of the entire web traffic around the globe.

JP
Sergeant 1st Class jusplay4fun

Postby Bernie Sanders on Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:58 pm

Dukasaur wrote:

Gee Duk, I thought CC is going down the tubes due to Trash Can posters. Now the same complainers are saying otherwise.....hmmmm.
Sergeant 1st Class Bernie Sanders

Postby iAmCaffeine on Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:19 pm

I've never said the site is dying because of the trash can. Someone may have I suppose. Bit of a silly thing to say. That place should never have existed the way it did, but the reason for this site dying is that we're 10yrs behind.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby IcePack on Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:36 pm

Bernie Sanders wrote:Gee Duk, I thought CC is going down the tubes due to Trash Can posters. Now the same complainers are saying otherwise.....hmmmm.

Your shit certainly isn't helping.

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Conquer Club Discussion