Conquer Club

CC is declining again!

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Re: Is CC Declining?

Postby Gillipig on Mon May 20, 2013 1:25 am

AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby TeeGee on Mon May 20, 2013 1:30 am

StubbsKVM wrote:I'm new and playing games.

That's +1!

Welcome StubbsKVM :D
Major TeeGee
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Location: Traversing the Multiverse, looking for a Yak with 3 ears

Postby Gillipig on Mon May 20, 2013 1:35 am

Yes StubbsKVM, welcome. Welcome to Titanic! We've hit the iceberg and are sinking rapidly, but on the plus side music is still playing and Leonardo di Caprio is alive and well and looking for Kate Winslet.
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby Funkyterrance on Mon May 20, 2013 11:20 am

Out with the old in with the new.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby danryan on Mon May 20, 2013 11:25 am

Well, I just signed back up as I missed it. Dice still irritate me but I missed the people I played games with. Especially the ones who like to play after drinking.
Sergeant 1st Class danryan

Postby Funkyterrance on Mon May 20, 2013 11:58 am

danryan wrote:Well, I just signed back up as I missed it. Dice still irritate me but I missed the people I played games with. Especially the ones who like to play after drinking.

You'd have to catch me during, I'm not much use after.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby Gillipig on Mon May 20, 2013 2:08 pm

Funkyterrance wrote:Out with the old in with the new.

There's more old leaving than new arriving, which I know will be necessary to explain to you, means that the number of users are declining. D e c l i n i n g

You should've said this instead, "Out with many, in with few"
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby Funkyterrance on Mon May 20, 2013 3:26 pm

Gillipig wrote:
Funkyterrance wrote:Out with the old in with the new.

There's more old leaving than new arriving, which I know will be necessary to explain to you, means that the number of users are declining. D e c l i n i n g

You should've said this instead, "Out with many, in with few"

I never said there wasn't a decline, that's obvious. Any influx implies that there will always be some though. Furthermore, who is to say the decline won't turn around with the new leadership?

And what's with the "which I know will be necessary to explain to you" part?

It's very possible that CC is just going through a renewal/cleansing phase as part of a natural cycle.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby Qwert on Mon May 20, 2013 4:27 pm

TeeGee wrote:

That's +1!

unfortunatly its -3
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby TeeGee on Mon May 20, 2013 9:26 pm

qwert wrote:
TeeGee wrote:

That's +1!

unfortunatly its -3

it's now 13335.. thats +10 :mrgreen:
Major TeeGee
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Funkyterrance on Mon May 20, 2013 11:34 pm

I think since we used to complain about the old management not doing anything and the new management is doing something(it's pretty obvious the wind has changed), that we should give a reasonable amount of time before we continue with the crepe hanging. A year perhaps?

You've got to give it a chance, guys. It's not going to be an instant transformation, no matter what the change is.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby TeeGee on Tue May 21, 2013 6:14 am

another positive

13338 +3

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Major TeeGee
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Bruceswar on Tue May 21, 2013 11:29 pm

TeeGee wrote:another positive

13338 +3

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby Bruceswar on Tue May 21, 2013 11:31 pm

Funkyterrance wrote:I think since we used to complain about the old management not doing anything and the new management is doing something(it's pretty obvious the wind has changed), that we should give a reasonable amount of time before we continue with the crepe hanging. A year perhaps?

You've got to give it a chance, guys. It's not going to be an instant transformation, no matter what the change is.

CC is only a shell of what it used to be. I do not ever see it getting back to that point unless something really drastic happens.
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby Qwert on Wed May 22, 2013 2:58 am

Funkyterrance wrote:I think since we used to complain about the old management not doing anything and the new management is doing something(it's pretty obvious the wind has changed), that we should give a reasonable amount of time before we continue with the crepe hanging. A year perhaps?

well if you want to bring more players , you need to work fast on implementations. After 6 month nothing realy serious was introduce to bring new players. Lets see next 6 month what will bring.

Nov 1st: 14721 (new management come)
may 22: 13305
this its minus 1416 players
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby frankiebee on Wed May 22, 2013 9:32 am

Bruceswar wrote:

CC is only a shell of what it used to be. I do not ever see it getting back to that point unless something really drastic happens.

And this is based on what? Only on the amount of players active in the last month. Who knows how realistic the number of 20.000 players was. Maybe 2000of them were multi's and 3000 new recruits who played a few games and quited. Bam, that's minus 5000, but in fact it's minus cheaters and people who never really contribitud to the game. Im not sure if it's possible to find out how many active people CC lost. I find it odd that the number of players went down by 30%, but the amount of games being played is still somewhat the same. You could say it's because people farm with 50 games on 1 setting, but that was also happening 2 years ago, so that shouldnt be a big influence.
Colonel frankiebee

Postby Funkyterrance on Wed May 22, 2013 11:29 am

qwert wrote: Lets see next 6 month what will bring.

Fair enough. ;)

qwert wrote:Nov 1st: 14721 (new management come)
may 22: 13305
this its minus 1416 players

Maybe it's just like coming in after George W. Bush?

frankiebee wrote:I find it odd that the number of players went down by 30%, but the amount of games being played is still somewhat the same.

Good point.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby ljex on Wed May 22, 2013 6:54 pm

Funkyterrance wrote:
frankiebee wrote:I find it odd that the number of players went down by 30%, but the amount of games being played is still somewhat the same.

Good point.

When you switch new games to the front page games take longer to fill...thus more waiting games its really simple.

What is the comparison of active games...that measures activity.
Major ljex

Postby Funkyterrance on Wed May 22, 2013 9:08 pm

ljex wrote:
Funkyterrance wrote:

Good point.

When you switch new games to the front page games take longer to fill...thus more waiting games its really simple.

The update of the waiting games list is way too recent to show any causal relationship though. Also, how do you know multi's aren't just leaving because they've been cracked down on more and more as CC matures. If every person had a multi and they dropped the multi account in fear of being banned, half the population would appear to be leaving. There are many things that could be causing the numbers to look a certain way.

It's really not that simple.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby ljex on Wed May 22, 2013 9:51 pm

Funkyterrance wrote:
ljex wrote:
Funkyterrance wrote:

Good point.

The update of the waiting games list is way too recent to show any causal relationship though. Also, how do you know multi's aren't just leaving because they've been cracked down on more and more as CC matures. If every person had a multi and they dropped the multi account in fear of being banned, half the population would appear to be leaving. There are many things that could be causing the numbers to look a certain way.

It's really not that simple.

If you are honestly suggesting that such a steep decline in membership is as a result of a decrease in the number of people using multiple accounts you are sadly mistaken.

I very much doubt that more than 5% of premium members have a multi and most freemium members are not here long term.

Sure you can say its a possibility, but to suggest that it is more likely than people leaving for real life issues or the fact that they dont derive the same enjoyment from the site anymore is just ridiculous.

Its also possible that 5,000 cc members have sadly passed away over the last year, but I dont see people jumping at that being the reason for the decline.
Major ljex

Postby Funkyterrance on Wed May 22, 2013 10:27 pm

ljex wrote:If you are honestly suggesting that such a steep decline in membership is as a result of a decrease in the number of people using multiple accounts you are sadly mistaken.

I very much doubt that more than 5% of premium members have a multi and most freemium members are not here long term.

Sure you can say its a possibility, but to suggest that it is more likely than people leaving for real life issues or the fact that they dont derive the same enjoyment from the site anymore is just ridiculous.

Its also possible that 5,000 cc members have sadly passed away over the last year, but I dont see people jumping at that being the reason for the decline.

I'm suggesting that there are many possible reasons for the decline and we shouldn't just assume that the current decline is indicative of what's happening right now with CC. It could be slowing down and about to reverse for all we know.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby Bruceswar on Wed May 22, 2013 11:20 pm

frankiebee wrote:
Bruceswar wrote:

And this is based on what? Only on the amount of players active in the last month. Who knows how realistic the number of 20.000 players was. Maybe 2000of them were multi's and 3000 new recruits who played a few games and quited. Bam, that's minus 5000, but in fact it's minus cheaters and people who never really contribitud to the game. Im not sure if it's possible to find out how many active people CC lost. I find it odd that the number of players went down by 30%, but the amount of games being played is still somewhat the same. You could say it's because people farm with 50 games on 1 setting, but that was also happening 2 years ago, so that shouldnt be a big influence.

it is very simple... Think back to 2006 when CC started. Was there Facebook? Sure but not near as big as it is now. How about Cell phones? Most people have flip phones or some crap phone with no net. Twitter? Instagram? Other online things, such as Xbox 360, etc. Point is the world has changed a ton since 2006. People want instant everything these days. Gone are the days when the average person will wait 24 hours for a turn, unless they are already addicted. There are a ton of sites now where people can play straight away with little to no wait. CC is fighting an uphill battle and not helping itself by being slow with the updates. CC would have take drastic measures to keep the people staying and not leaving.
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby jsnyder748 on Thu May 23, 2013 12:40 am

I quit. what's the number now?
Colonel jsnyder748

Postby iAmCaffeine on Thu May 23, 2013 4:13 am

After a message I received this morning, I'm sorely disappointed in certain.. parts of CC.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby Agent 86 on Thu May 23, 2013 4:55 am

I've noticed quite a few new red question marks, so some things must be working....
We are the Fallen, an unstoppable wave of Darkness.
Major Agent 86

PreviousNext

Return to Conquer Club Discussion