Conquer Club

CC is declining again!

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Re: Is CC Declining?

Postby Qwert on Thu May 23, 2013 8:48 am

jsnyder748 wrote:I quit. what's the number now?

wow drop below 13300
its now 13298
Bruceswar wrote:
frankiebee wrote:
Bruceswar wrote:
Funkyterrance wrote:I think since we used to complain about the old management not doing anything and the new management is doing something(it's pretty obvious the wind has changed), that we should give a reasonable amount of time before we continue with the crepe hanging. A year perhaps?

You've got to give it a chance, guys. It's not going to be an instant transformation, no matter what the change is.

CC is only a shell of what it used to be. I do not ever see it getting back to that point unless something really drastic happens.

And this is based on what? Only on the amount of players active in the last month. Who knows how realistic the number of 20.000 players was. Maybe 2000of them were multi's and 3000 new recruits who played a few games and quited. Bam, that's minus 5000, but in fact it's minus cheaters and people who never really contribitud to the game. Im not sure if it's possible to find out how many active people CC lost. I find it odd that the number of players went down by 30%, but the amount of games being played is still somewhat the same. You could say it's because people farm with 50 games on 1 setting, but that was also happening 2 years ago, so that shouldnt be a big influence.

it is very simple... Think back to 2006 when CC started. Was there Facebook? Sure but not near as big as it is now. How about Cell phones? Most people have flip phones or some crap phone with no net. Twitter? Instagram? Other online things, such as Xbox 360, etc. Point is the world has changed a ton since 2006. People want instant everything these days. Gone are the days when the average person will wait 24 hours for a turn, unless they are already addicted. There are a ton of sites now where people can play straight away with little to no wait. CC is fighting an uphill battle and not helping itself by being slow with the updates. CC would have take drastic measures to keep the people staying and not leaving.

This its very true, if you want to fight for customers, you need to implement more and more attractive updates, and fast.
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby BGtheBrain on Thu May 23, 2013 8:51 am

Last edited by BGtheBrain on Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Captain BGtheBrain

Postby iAmCaffeine on Thu May 23, 2013 9:02 am

BGtheBrain wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:After a message I received this morning, I'm sorely disappointed in certain.. parts of CC.

I sent that nude pic to YOU!?!?!?

That would actually have been so much better than what I received. :lol:
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby Funkyterrance on Thu May 23, 2013 10:19 am

I don't play any other risk sites so I have no idea how they compare to CC in regard to instant gratification. If this really is a big issue, yeah something needs to be done to stay competitive.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby Gillipig on Thu May 23, 2013 1:48 pm

qwert wrote:wow drop below 13300
its now 13298

Consider yourself beaten! 13290

Surely you can't beat that!!!

;)
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby Qwert on Thu May 23, 2013 5:23 pm

Gillipig wrote:
its now 13298

;)

i give you 13282
o cam on, its this best what you can ? I can beat you every time ;)
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Agent 86 on Fri May 24, 2013 9:39 am

13278...going freemium myself in a couple of days. We know where that is going with my membership lol
We are the Fallen, an unstoppable wave of Darkness.
Major Agent 86

Postby Gillipig on Sat May 25, 2013 1:18 am

qwert wrote:
Gillipig wrote:
its now 13298

;)

i give you 13282
o cam on, its this best what you can ? I can beat you every time ;)

Let me reload! Click-click.......13269
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby Gillipig on Sat May 25, 2013 3:06 pm

13242, a 27 user drop off in less than a day! This might be a CC record lol.
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby Funkyterrance on Sat May 25, 2013 6:24 pm

So should I not even check this thread if the last post is by gillipig or qwert? I might find it better use of time to polish my scrimshaw collection.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby D4 Damager on Sat May 25, 2013 6:55 pm

I'd be quite interested to see how the number of premium memberships is changing. Sure, the total number of members on the scoreboard is going down but that doesn't tell the whole story. For example, we know the site owners are cracking down more heavily on players that cheat (at least it seems like that to me), so maybe a higher number of freemium accounts are being abandoned rather than used in multi scams, etc. A possibly related situation is that the previous conqueror and his friend disappeared off the scoreboard around the same time Gillipig noticed the number go down by 27. They were both freemium, I think (there isn't a freemium version of the Conqueror rank, so couldn't tell for sure).
Colonel D4 Damager

Postby TeeGee on Sat May 25, 2013 7:29 pm

D4 Damager wrote:I'd be quite interested to see how the number of premium memberships is changing. Sure, the total number of members on the scoreboard is going down but that doesn't tell the whole story. For example, we know the site owners are cracking down more heavily on players that cheat (at least it seems like that to me), so maybe a higher number of freemium accounts are being abandoned rather than used in multi scams, etc. A possibly related situation is that the previous conqueror and his friend disappeared off the scoreboard around the same time Gillipig noticed the number go down by 27. They were both freemium, I think (there isn't a freemium version of the Conqueror rank, so couldn't tell for sure).

Indeed.

Currently we have 37033 users with guest status. Although I can't tell numbers of freemium and premium.
The site owners would probably only be interested in revenue, so may not be keeping track of freemiums as closely.
Major TeeGee
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Location: Traversing the Multiverse, looking for a Yak with 3 ears

Postby Gillipig on Sun May 26, 2013 1:52 am

It's 13234 now, imagine how low it will get when the annual summer drop off takes place. We're not even in June yet and it takes 30 days for inactivity to show up on the scoreboard. Meaning what we're seeing now is late April's actual number. Imagine the late July numbers lol.
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby Qwert on Sun May 26, 2013 3:58 am

Gillipig wrote:It's 13231 now, imagine how low it will get when the annual summer drop off takes place. We're not even in June yet and it takes 30 days for inactivity to show up on the scoreboard. Meaning what we're seeing now is late April's actual number. Imagine the late July numbers lol.

fixed small mistake ;)
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Prankcall on Sun May 26, 2013 11:54 am

Symmetry wrote:I'm not sure if this will have much weight, but CC moved pretty strongly in favour of established members a while ago. Paying or non-paying, The features became vastly more complicated. A culture of "extra features" kind of overcame the idea of streamlining.

Declining? No, just not growing. Whether that's a good or bad thing is a different thing.

The maps are more difficult for new players to pick-up/learn. Who would want to continue playing when all you do is lose and don't even understand how you lost...The maps are being pushed out before players become accustomed to them.Instead of improving on the features they have they just pump out new maps,award new medals and find all kinds of other stupid things to hand out to keep people happy.
Sergeant 1st Class Prankcall

Postby Funkyterrance on Sun May 26, 2013 10:00 pm

Prankcall wrote:
The maps are more difficult for new players to pick-up/learn. Who would want to continue playing when all you do is lose and don't even understand how you lost...The maps are being pushed out before players become accustomed to them.Instead of improving on the features they have they just pump out new maps,award new medals and find all kinds of other stupid things to hand out to keep people happy.

It's a good point, complex maps/settings are discouraging to new players. The problem isn't of their existence though, it's when new players are more or less forced to play these when they first join here. Hopefully the new changes to the waiting games list is helping with this.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby ljex on Sun May 26, 2013 10:04 pm

Funkyterrance wrote:
Prankcall wrote:

It's a good point, complex maps/settings are discouraging to new players. The problem isn't of their existence though, it's when new players are more or less forced to play these when they first join here. Hopefully the new changes to the waiting games list is helping with this.

I have said before a team of mods dedicated to new player experience and a set join a game page of speed games with this group and some players who know what they are doing would do wonders for the site.
Major ljex

Postby Funkyterrance on Sun May 26, 2013 11:11 pm

To come back to an older point, I hope it's not that the game of RISK itself is just falling off the face of the earth but it's possible.

How many of us played the board game first? I started playing risk the board game in the early 2000's and shortly after they stopped really selling it in stores. I don't think you can go to Wal-Mart and buy Risk now. This has got to really be hurting any chances of newcomers. What are the odds that the decline has absolutely nothing to do with the site and everything to do with a dying breed?
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby Qwert on Mon May 27, 2013 5:19 am

Today
waith for player-3911 games

active-16196 games

2-2-2011
active games 20422
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=107205&hilit=maps

--------------------------------
cairnswk map statistic 21,sep,2008
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=27288&hilit=maps

cairnswk statistic dont understand ,but will be good to know hom much then was active games.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby therealdeal_37 on Mon May 27, 2013 12:55 pm

I am not entirely sure why folks are taking such an interest in this thread. There must be a lot of shareholders that own this site. :lol:

All I know is that almost all of our clan members joined CC after the "glory" years and we are doing just fine.

I would say give the new owners some time as I am sure they would like to see some kind of ROI. Once the interface and technical updates have been completed then I'm guessing we should see some new marketing campaigns to carry the site forward.
Corporal therealdeal_37

Postby Gillipig on Mon May 27, 2013 2:39 pm

13214, A New Record!!!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby Qwert on Mon May 27, 2013 4:00 pm

Gillipig wrote:13199, A New Record!!!

cam on, why every time i need to fix your post, please try to be correct next time :!:
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Mageplunka69 on Tue May 28, 2013 9:37 pm

I can see that speed games are dying, as well as team games due to the new inverted games waiting system...starting to suck now
same few on speeders, and they are fading fast.....

maybe its time for Plunka to take a break too
Captain Mageplunka69

Postby Crazyirishman on Tue May 28, 2013 10:14 pm

Mageplunka69 wrote:I can see that speed games are dying, as well as team games due to the new inverted games waiting system...starting to suck now
same few on speeders, and they are fading fast.....

maybe its time for Plunka to take a break too

I feel the same way about the speed games, I'm sad that I can't ever find a good assdoodle.
Captain Crazyirishman

Postby Funkyterrance on Tue May 28, 2013 10:39 pm

Crazyirishman wrote: I'm sad that I can't ever find a good assdoodle.

Have you tried Sporters?
Colonel Funkyterrance

PreviousNext

Return to Conquer Club Discussion