Conquer Club

CC is declining again!

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Re: CC has been declining

Postby HitRed on Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:42 am

Captain HitRed

Postby mrswdk on Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:12 am

The Risk app works great.

CC just needs to refocus itself on the maps that actually fit onto a mobile device screen. Those stupid, 200-tert special gameplay maps that only 3 sad nerds like can be saved for the web browser version of CC only.
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby riskllama on Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:11 pm

i agree that an app developed around playing on a handful of small maps could be this places' saving grace.
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby Aba on Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:00 am

We need to attract new players.
A mobile app will only do that if you market the app.
The game plays fine on desktop/laptop, most gamers have a computer to play games on.
Bottom line we need a marketer, someone who can work on commission to bring in new players.
Sergeant 1st Class Aba

Postby xroads on Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:41 am

4691, big drop even with whac a mod going on.
Major xroads

Postby BoganGod on Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:18 am

Aba wrote:We need to attract new players.
A mobile app will only do that if you market the app.
The game plays fine on desktop/laptop, most gamers have a computer to play games on.
Bottom line we need a marketer, someone who can work on commission to bring in new players.

Corporal BoganGod

Postby IcePack on Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:43 am

xroads wrote:4691, big drop even with whac a mod going on.

I predict < 4k before May 2020

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby xroads on Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:39 pm

IcePack wrote:

That is like saying the sun will set tonight.
Major xroads

Postby IcePack on Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:16 pm

xroads wrote:
IcePack wrote:

That is like saying the sun will set tonight.

It’s over the average % loss per year, so isn’t a given by the specific dare

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby CivProBlows on Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:31 am

"War is an art and as such is not susceptible of explanation by fixed formula." - General George Patton
Major CivProBlows

Postby HitRed on Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:43 am

Maybe take the opposite approach. We only allow 3,000 members so it is exclusive. This is how golf courses and resorts work. Get rid of freemium memberships. Send out temporary 30 day trials that have a code to punch in every few months. The remaining months if you come to the site and want to play YOU HAVE TO JOIN.
Captain HitRed

Postby AgentSmith88 on Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:47 am

Or just make a version that works on mobile phones so players like me that decide to come back after a 7 year hiatus aren’t turned off by the fact that it takes 20 minutes to take a turn on the classic map.
king sam wrote:quit facebook stalking me... and Im a sailor all I do is drunk, cuss and make illegitimate kids when Im away from CC

dont sig that
Captain AgentSmith88

Postby jusplay4fun on Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:29 am

In playing some games lately, I found myself making notes and taking notes with my teammates. That got me thinking. How many younger players are willing to put in that much or that type of work to play a game? I doubt there are many.

I teach at a high school and find

1) intelligent students;

2) those students think they are intelligent;

3) because they think and know they are intelligent, they do not give me most (I do not expect ALL) of their attention;

4) they would rather interact with the world via their phone and THINK that when they give me 50% or less of their attention that they still deserve an "A". (Some students are rude enough to attempt to talk to other students in the clas, but this is NOT a NEW problem in most teaching environments in public schools.)

5) many on smartphones are a) playing games that are at a low intellectual level (e.g., match 3 things to get a reward of some sort in the game); and b) a few are on social media; c) most do both things at the same time.

My point is that younger people, not JUS students,1) expect immediate gratification and 2) are not willing to make a real concerted effort that requires lots of mental thought and mental dedication. Most who play more complex games prefer to remember those details. I suppose the "nerdiest" of them will make some sort of notes (outside their brain) but most do not want to work that hard to be successful. I see that as most of my students do not want to put in the time to excel at a complex game, such as chess. I sponsor the Chess Club at my school and has expanded it to allow other games to be played while a few play chess. Most do not want to play or learn chess.

They are good at multi-tasking, but that also makes them less proficient at each of their tasks and endeavors, IMO.

So, YES, an app for the smartphone can save CC from going extinct gradually, as well-documented here in this thread.

JP4Fun
Last edited by jusplay4fun on Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sergeant 1st Class jusplay4fun

Postby Bernie Sanders on Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:48 am

You're a teacher at a High School? Really? Where? Haiti?
Sergeant 1st Class Bernie Sanders

Postby CivProBlows on Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:38 am

"War is an art and as such is not susceptible of explanation by fixed formula." - General George Patton
Major CivProBlows

Postby AgentSmith88 on Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:10 pm

Bernie Sanders wrote:You're a teacher at a High School? Really? Where? Haiti?

I thought the “pretend to be someone else” trend would have died out years ago since saxitoxin and his juvenile behavior. I guess the discourse hasn’t really been elevated since I left. Not really sure why I’m surprised. Maybe I’m too optimistic.
king sam wrote:quit facebook stalking me... and Im a sailor all I do is drunk, cuss and make illegitimate kids when Im away from CC

dont sig that
Captain AgentSmith88

Postby jusplay4fun on Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:07 pm

So, AgentSmith88, who is pretending here? I am a teacher at a high school in the USA.

AgentSmith88 wrote:

I thought the “pretend to be someone else” trend would have died out years ago since saxitoxin and his juvenile behavior. I guess the discourse hasn’t really been elevated since I left. Not really sure why I’m surprised. Maybe I’m too optimistic.

Postby AgentSmith88 on Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:42 pm

jusplay4fun wrote:So, AgentSmith88, who is pretending here? I am a teacher at a high school in the USA.

AgentSmith88 wrote:

Since you quoted me I would have assumed you knew how that works. See the name I quoted? Wasn’t you. Unless you have multiple accounts. My comment had nothing to do with you.

Although based on how defensive you are and your syntax I would guess that if you are actually a teacher you’re not from here.

dont sig that
Captain AgentSmith88

Postby IcePack on Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:46 pm

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby jusplay4fun on Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:07 pm

So, who are you pretending to be?

And what do you mean by "here"?

Defensive? No, I am merely asking questions.

AgentSmith88 wrote:
jusplay4fun wrote:So, AgentSmith88, who is pretending here? I am a teacher at a high school in the USA.

AgentSmith88 wrote:

Since you quoted me I would have assumed you knew how that works. See the name I quoted? Wasn’t you. Unless you have multiple accounts. My comment had nothing to do with you.

Although based on how defensive you are and your syntax I would guess that if you are actually a teacher you’re not from here.

Postby iAmCaffeine on Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:44 am

AgentSmith88 wrote:

AgentSmith88 wrote:

Don’t waste your time mate. :lol:
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby xroads on Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:48 am

And meanwhile

Major xroads

Postby Doc_Brown on Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:01 pm

July 19, 2019 - 4643
July 18, 2018 - 5279
July 20, 2017 - 6277
July 21, 2016 - 6762
July 18, 2015 - 8195

Also this (cited from a post much earlier in this thread):
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... rmat=image
Colonel Doc_Brown

Postby HitRed on Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:32 pm

I noticed that compared to 6 months ago the mods aren't around as much. My observation. Clearly don't post as much. Since it seems across the board I wonder if they know something and it took the steam out of their involvement.
Captain HitRed

Postby AgentSmith88 on Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:40 pm

HitRed wrote:I noticed that compared to 6 months ago the mods aren't around as much. My observation. Clearly don't post as much. Since it seems across the board I wonder if they know something and it took the steam out of their involvement.

With how few people that are around how much modding is needed? This site is like a coal town where the mine has dried up and the town has become a shadow of itself.

dont sig that
Captain AgentSmith88

PreviousNext

Return to Conquer Club Discussion