Conquer Club

CC is declining again!

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Re: CC has been declining

Postby xroads on Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:20 am

-32 in the last week
Major xroads

Postby 2dimes on Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:33 am

It's because some jokers put pictures of dudes in the boob thread. Then the homophobic fellows open it up, get frightened and smash their computer.

Obviously they can't go online after that and CC loses members.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby Typhoon_SSN on Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:36 pm

Well, declining or not, the game and forum look very much alive to me, what's the issue? Of course, there will be more waiting time for games, but hey, it's not trying to find someone to play Hearts of Iron with either.
New Recruit Typhoon_SSN

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:23 pm

Typhoon_SSN wrote:Well, declining or not, the game and forum look very much alive to me, what's the issue? Of course, there will be more waiting time for games, but hey, it's not trying to find someone to play Hearts of Iron with either.

Want to play? I usually start Canada and turn it fascist and invade the US. You can be communist mexico and we can meet in the middle.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby owenshooter on Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:13 pm

Typhoon_SSN wrote:Well, declining or not, the game and forum look very much alive to me, what's the issue? Of course, there will be more waiting time for games, but hey, it's not trying to find someone to play Hearts of Iron with either.

yeah, it looks pretty much the same today as the day you joined way back when on Oct 31st, 2018 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
The black jesus has spoken...-Jésus noir
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby Ltrain on Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:09 pm

riskllama wrote:I've actually been thinking about this occasionally of late, as well. CC will require an app to survive period. as someone who loathes taking turns on his phone, I still see the need for it. not sure how many "small" maps CC currently has(doodle, lux, Madrid size) but I think if the app was designed around 15-20 maps of similar size, I think all concerned would be pleased with the results.

I've always thought it would be a cool app to have a risk map where all rolls are autorolls.

It is kinna depressing to skip through this thread and see the numbers documented on each page.

There is not a better site for playing risk style speed games. But at some point I imagine the speed world will not be populated enough to be interesting and I it will just be clan wars for the faithful. And then my rank will finally settle above 2500 :D
Major Ltrain

Postby jusplay4fun on Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:14 pm

I think this is what the Guide Program is supposed to do, provide a live person to answer question(s) of the New Recruit. There is some improvement there. BUT the vast majority never take a turn, few take more than ONE TURN, and there are few (maybe 5%) of NR who actually stay and play on CC. Check out the Guide program under the Community tab, above.)

Again, this site , where most games are 24 hours (meaning WAIT up to 24 hours in a 1v1 games) is TOO slow and too cerebral for many players, especially the young NR. And for a multi- player game (more than 2 players), the wait could be DAYS and not JUS 24 hours. I think the young NR want SPEED games and have shared that idea with those in Power.

JP

Keefie wrote:
Symmetry wrote:
MagnusGreeol wrote:New Recruits are the future, And not enough of us here pay as much attention to them as we ALL should!? Most go about their every day playing games here and posting in forums without the thought of NR's,, Not understanding that without them, The numbers could/will continue to plummet!? Ive been able to capture and hold many NR's attention, Gift memberships, team and teach them, If we all did this, The numbers will rise! But I go into others Superguide games, And found in more cases than not, That the Superguide doesn't even say Hi, Welcome, Im here to help!? I know a lot of NR are silent or don't see the chat, But keep saying Hi, welcome to cc, I'm here to help,, for the small % that does see chat or wants to see that there is a human being on the other side!!??

We all here in CC have to do our part, in making sure this CC Community we love, Thrives and survives!?

\MGM/

I agree- a lot of of the established players don'y really bother with the community aspects of the site anymore. Ignoring chat, and the forums, for example, or retreating into clans that new players can't access.

It'd be great if new players could click on the chat room button and get at least one of the many mods, and have some of the top players there showing their support.

As a slight aside- I went to a meeting today about why a new system of benefits isn't working to get people signed up properly. Turns out one of the biggest hurdles was that people had to wait for a reply when they had a problem. They fixed a significant part of their retention problem by just having people on hand to answer simple questions.

Worth considering, perhaps.

and some people on this site actually play some games too.
Sergeant 1st Class jusplay4fun

Postby iAmCaffeine on Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:25 am

Thank you for repeating what has been said previously and also explaining what a multiplayer game is.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby Symmetry on Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:37 am

jusplay4fun wrote:I think this is what the Guide Program is supposed to do, provide a live person to answer question(s) of the New Recruit. There is some improvement there. BUT the vast majority never take a turn, few take more than ONE TURN, and there are few (maybe 5%) of NR who actually stay and play on CC. Check out the Guide program under the Community tab, above.)

Again, this site , where most games are 24 hours (meaning WAIT up to 24 hours in a 1v1 games) is TOO slow and too cerebral for many players, especially the young NR. And for a multi- player game (more than 2 players), the wait could be DAYS and not JUS 24 hours. I think the young NR want SPEED games and have shared that idea with those in Power.

JP

Keefie wrote:
Symmetry wrote:
MagnusGreeol wrote:New Recruits are the future, And not enough of us here pay as much attention to them as we ALL should!? Most go about their every day playing games here and posting in forums without the thought of NR's,, Not understanding that without them, The numbers could/will continue to plummet!? Ive been able to capture and hold many NR's attention, Gift memberships, team and teach them, If we all did this, The numbers will rise! But I go into others Superguide games, And found in more cases than not, That the Superguide doesn't even say Hi, Welcome, Im here to help!? I know a lot of NR are silent or don't see the chat, But keep saying Hi, welcome to cc, I'm here to help,, for the small % that does see chat or wants to see that there is a human being on the other side!!??

We all here in CC have to do our part, in making sure this CC Community we love, Thrives and survives!?

\MGM/

I agree- a lot of of the established players don'y really bother with the community aspects of the site anymore. Ignoring chat, and the forums, for example, or retreating into clans that new players can't access.

It'd be great if new players could click on the chat room button and get at least one of the many mods, and have some of the top players there showing their support.

As a slight aside- I went to a meeting today about why a new system of benefits isn't working to get people signed up properly. Turns out one of the biggest hurdles was that people had to wait for a reply when they had a problem. They fixed a significant part of their retention problem by just having people on hand to answer simple questions.

Worth considering, perhaps.

and some people on this site actually play some games too.

:roll:

Kid, maybe look at the content of the post before you dismiss it next time.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby jusplay4fun on Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:33 pm

I did; the Guide Program is intended to slow or stop the Decline.

Get the POINT?

JP

Postby Symmetry on Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:33 pm

jusplay4fun wrote:I did; the Guide Program is intended to slow or stop the Decline.

Get the POINT?

JP

Make a point and back it up next time. If you need to spend a few posts trying to claim that you had a point, mate, you didn't,

Good try (tries) though.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby Silly Knig-it on Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:32 pm

That did it. One more off topic from Symmetry. So time to try the experiment I have done with others. How pleasant can the forum be if I can't see this person's posts? Experiment has begun.

congrats jusplay4fun on all you do. =D> =D> =D> =D>
Lieutenant Silly Knig-it
SoC Training Adviser

Postby jusplay4fun on Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:50 pm

Symm,

WIth every response you make to one of my comments, you make it clear why you are so despised by most of those on CC. Why was I so blind to this? Oh, I tried to give you the benefit of the doubt. I did assume that 1) you are not a troll; 2) that you had some intelligence; and 3) that you could carry on an intelligent discussion. I see now that I was WRONG on all such points. This discussion here (and on other Forum topics) proves my POINT cogently. Get the POINT, NOW, Symm?

JP

Symmetry wrote:
jusplay4fun wrote:I did; the Guide Program is intended to slow or stop the Decline.

Get the POINT?

JP

Make a point and back it up next time. If you need to spend a few posts trying to claim that you had a point, mate, you didn't,

Good try (tries) though.

Postby Doc_Brown on Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:06 am

5085. Somewhat stabilized?
Colonel Doc_Brown

Postby xroads on Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:26 am

Doc_Brown wrote:5085. Somewhat stabilized?

yes, it has actually been creeping up the last few weeks. Hopefully that trend will continue.
Major xroads

Postby riskllama on Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:24 pm

xroads wrote:
Doc_Brown wrote:5085. Somewhat stabilized?

yes, it has actually been creeping up the last few weeks. Hopefully that trend will continue.

either that, or BigWorm has found a new way to cook the books... :lol:
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby WILLIAMS5232 on Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:39 pm

i played a game of tic tac toe. i probably got counted
Major WILLIAMS5232

Postby Doc_Brown on Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:13 pm

Down to 5041.
Colonel Doc_Brown

Postby xroads on Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:19 pm

We have been doing good holding steady last couple of months, would be nice to keep our head above 5000
Major xroads

Postby IcePack on Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:33 pm

xroads wrote:We have been doing good holding steady last couple of months, would be nice to keep our head above 5000

During the winter the numbers are usually climbing, so it’s not so good to only be holding steady. That means next year we are starting where we left off instead of starting from an elevated number.

We’ve been losing 1,000+ / year, last year nearly 1,400. So summer 2019 since we have no elevated numbers to start we could hit 3,500-4,000

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby HitRed on Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:35 pm

xroads wrote:We have been doing good holding steady last couple of months, would be nice to keep our head above 5000

bigWham fixed the Beta testing site. =D>

Players that might be interested to testing future maps in the Foundry are welcome to help. Seems to have more life now. :D
Captain HitRed

Postby Doc_Brown on Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:12 am

Any bets on when it will drop below 5K?
Colonel Doc_Brown

Postby IcePack on Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:32 am

Doc_Brown wrote:5013
Any bets on when it will drop below 5K?

We were at 5007 the other day, so...any day now

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby chapcrap on Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:57 pm

I’ve said this for years and it’s more and more true every day. CC is not going to survive without a decent app. Decent is a low bar. Right now there is nothing at all. It’s almost extinct.
Lieutenant chapcrap

PreviousNext

Return to Conquer Club Discussion