Conquer Club

To start On Salem's Switch

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

To start On Salem's Switch

Postby cairnswk on Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:56 pm

Hi everyone....

It has been said that some of my maps are nightmares to play on because they require too much thinking and initial learning to get anywhere on them besides they are intimidating.

So, i'm going to be a little more proactive with this map in giving some ideas of how to start some strategies to conquer this map.

1. Movement...
* you can assault your neighbours except where there are thicketts, trees, fences (and the sea) as impassables.
* the Roads...also act as an impassable between some territories, and you can only assault across them or across impassables by conquering in one go the buggy stop killer neutral junctions.
- Killer Neutrals reset to 1 neutral at the end of each round.
- Refer to the diagram bottom left of the map for how to achieve this movement as it shows the movement possible around B12 and B16.
* Make sure you've got enough troops to move around via the buggy stops, because you not only need enough troops to conquer the buggy stops, but also the targeted territory when you reach your goal at the adjacent buggy stop.

NOTE: If you don't conquer your targeted territory, then you've wasted some troops in moving around via the buggy stops since they reset at the end or your turn, and you might have to repeat the whole process again.

* in order to get to the Judges, you have to get to Township of course.
* in order to conquer the reverends, you will have to move via the road system. There are two reverends left and two right of the map.

2. Bonuses - Landowners
* Landowners are those who've got stripped landholdings with little houses on them
* There are (2) build bonuses for landowners: hold 7 of them and you receive +3, hold 14 of them and you receive +6
* These can be gained as you move around the map if you strategise to build up your bonuses.

3. Bonuses of higher calibre
* These are essentially all other bonuses apart from landowners in the legend e.g. Judges and Reverends. You'll notice that all judges (4) are located in the Township region, while Reverends (4) are located around the map.
* There are also two (2) meeting halls that combine with the landowners as Gossip Bonuses (top left)
* Of course in longer games with many players, you may be able to achieve the Witch Hill bonus which is not an objective bonus, but comes to the essence of the theme itself.
* There are also a combination bonuse for the Accussed and Accussers, meaning these are also accessable around the map but you may to move around the road system to get to them.

4. Strategies
So, i am not going to tell you what strategies to build up - that would defeat the purpose of learning and conquering, however, like all other maps out there, there is that element of:
1. kill your opponents off as quickly as possible, or
2. build your bonuses to gain extra troops to achieve dominaton
3. Other strategies you will work out for yourselves

5. Game length
You can expect that game will not be over quickly even in 1v1 games.

Good luck everyone in conquering this map and i hope you all enjoy your games. :)
* Pearl Harbour * Waterloo * Forbidden City * Jamaica * Pot Mosbi
Private cairnswk

Re: To start On Salem's Switch

Postby Viceroy63 on Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:20 am

You have provided me an excellent idea for a map that I have in mind but I don't know where to begin. Are there any free programs or tutorials that I can benefit from. I tried reading the Foundery forums but it is more painstaking than I thought.

Is there a straight to the point way or program that you can suggest for me to just start drawing on my PC? That later on can be transferred to the Foundery?
An Unproven Hypothesis; The Rise of Ignorance.
Ultimate Proof of Creation. Click the show tab below.
show
Major Viceroy63

Location: A little back water, hill billy hick place called Earth.

Re: To start On Salem's Switch

Postby rishaed on Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:06 pm

Viceroy63 wrote:You have provided me an excellent idea for a map that I have in mind but I don't know where to begin. Are there any free programs or tutorials that I can benefit from. I tried reading the Foundery forums but it is more painstaking than I thought.

Is there a straight to the point way or program that you can suggest for me to just start drawing on my PC? That later on can be transferred to the Foundery?

For something other than Photoshop (costs quite a bit of money) there is GIMP2.8 (just google) A rather nice advanced freeware version that does basically the same thing as Photoshop +/- a bit. One thing to watch for though with GIMP is that for the Help Manual you need to download from their site. Not exactly a big file but very helpful! Have fun and hope that you get your map in the Foundry.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Return to Conquer Club Discussion