Conquer Club

Promotions and Demotions ???

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Promotions and Demotions ???

Postby Darthakian on Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:40 am

Hi all

I have a quick question to ask, am I the only person who seems to go through a winning phase then straight into a losing phase? You get a promotion only to get a demotion ? Do you think this is really random or could i be mistaken to think there is a pattern emerging?

For weeks now this has been happening to me and in some conversations to others also. I really cant configure the odds of this happening but i feel there will be more chance for hell to freeze over than for someone to lose on the following dice stats.....

23 to 4, 19 to 3, 12 - 2 and the best and most common one is 3 to 3, all these end up with a loss, and they say its random by random.org, a computer which is programmed by someone just like a web site which is programmed by someone.

They say you only remember the bad dice and not the good, rubbish, i remember both as they come in a pattern all the time. This game is not about random dice, its about pre-determined games at the end of the day, its slowly becoming a buisness and buisnesses want to make money, therefore a kick in the teeth always gets followed by a sweatner (promotion and demotion)

The only sad thing is that people like me and you always come back for more in the hope that its wrong and it is infact random.

Ive seen many comments and basically the only people who think its random are those you have found a way to break the pattern and get promoted highly, off course they will say its random because its in there interest to say that.

You may call me a moaner, no im not im a realist looking for some good real fun, I dont expect to win all the time but i do expect to be given a fair and random chance and for the law of averages to be applied to this game.

I thank you......

oh feel free to be bitter and twisted and make funny comments or indeed make constuctive comments, I will appreciate them all, If nothing else I might find my enjoyment there.
Sergeant 1st Class Darthakian

Re: Promotions and Demotions ???

Postby freakns on Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:04 am

i completely agree with you. clan subforum is the best place for whining!
Brigadier freakns

Postby Nicky15 on Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:11 am

Moved to GD.

Nicky
Major Nicky15

Postby QoH on Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:35 am

Nope it's pretty random. Even when I play bullshit, pure luck games/settings, I can maintain a decent rank.
Please don't invite me to any pickup games. I will decline the invite.
Major QoH

Postby Stephan Wayne on Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:10 pm

Your not the only one it happens to if it doesn't happen to you its because your only playing the same shit over and over again. It's normal just keep playing eventually the back-and-forth will be in higher ranks
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Stephan Wayne

Postby Darthakian on Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:51 pm

Since posting this, Ive lost 2 ranks and so many games, even the jargon dice stats look bad, Call me paranoid but since airing my concerns and views everything has just got a whole lot worse, has conquer club took an instant dislike to me now and made sure i dont win much at all, apart from the odd token gesture win to say "hey you have won some"

This is really proving my point now, I would love to hear from a really nice guy who never critisizes or complains to anyone or CC themselves to see how there game stats are going ???

Postby Darthakian on Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:52 pm

Stephen Wayne wrote:Your not the only one it happens to if it doesn't happen to you its because your only playing the same shit over and over again. It's normal just keep playing eventually the back-and-forth will be in higher ranks

Im not so sure mate, but i will try and remain upbeat about it. Cheers for reply

Postby Darthakian on Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:53 pm

freakns wrote:i completely agree with you. clan subforum is the best place for whining!

Cheers for reply,

Postby donkeymile on Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:28 pm

I would agree with you, from my own experience, however ...

In my case at first I tend to play a lot of bigger, multi player games and my rank begins to climb higher and higher. Then I get bored because they take so long to play, so I start playing a lot of 1v1 ... but even with a higher than 50% win rate on those I start dropping ranks because its so luck based and the bullshit dice rear their ugly head more often in those.

I personally think that the dice are set up to more or less even out for everyone - as a way of shutting up the complainers ... I just find it odd how pretty much EVERYONE has a 0% dice odds. Even with random, where things would even out over time, you should see some above and some below that line by more than 1%. Thats just me ... plus I have witnessed the dice stats not telling the truth of what just happened as I watched them real time.

Anyway sry for the rant .. good luck ... I would suggest playing multi player games where luck is at least a little less critical.
Captain donkeymile

Postby crazymilkshake5 on Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:30 pm

freakns wrote:i completely agree with you. clan subforum is the best place for whining!

my day has been made.
highscore
Major crazymilkshake5

Postby JBlombier on Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:54 am

Darthakian wrote:Ive seen many comments and basically the only people who think its random are those you have found a way to break the pattern and get promoted highly, off course they will say its random because its in there interest to say that.

So basically, the top 100 players broke the pattern. How do you think this works, exactly?
Colonel JBlombier

Postby Darthakian on Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:40 am

donkeymile wrote:I would agree with you, from my own experience, however ...

In my case at first I tend to play a lot of bigger, multi player games and my rank begins to climb higher and higher. Then I get bored because they take so long to play, so I start playing a lot of 1v1 ... but even with a higher than 50% win rate on those I start dropping ranks because its so luck based and the bullshit dice rear their ugly head more often in those.

I personally think that the dice are set up to more or less even out for everyone - as a way of shutting up the complainers ... I just find it odd how pretty much EVERYONE has a 0% dice odds. Even with random, where things would even out over time, you should see some above and some below that line by more than 1%. Thats just me ... plus I have witnessed the dice stats not telling the truth of what just happened as I watched them real time.

Anyway sry for the rant .. good luck ... I would suggest playing multi player games where luck is at least a little less critical.

Some good points there mate, it makes me feel better to think im not the only one and perhaps multi-player is the way forward, that way cc cand condem everyone in the team..... or can they lol

Postby Darthakian on Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:46 am

JBlombier wrote:
Darthakian wrote:Ive seen many comments and basically the only people who think its random are those you have found a way to break the pattern and get promoted highly, off course they will say its random because its in there interest to say that.

So basically, the top 100 players broke the pattern. How do you think this works, exactly?

If i knew that my friend I would not be writing on this post, all i will say, cc is computer based, programed by humans, humans will always find a way to hack a program or find a cheat or minipulate the outcomes, some will even have multiple accounts, unfortunately my work dog could not even get a scent on this so where do you go from here.

CC is not about skill its always down to the drop, who goes first and dice rolls so it should mean that everyone has the same chance, but as we know, thats not true. I would say the top 100 are the cc favoured ones who wont speak out and cause a wave. ????

Postby Darthakian on Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:53 am

Since speaking out against Conquer Club, just over 24 hours I have now been demoted by 3 ranks. Each game i start has given me the bull shit dice and a drop not even an optomist would believe. Strange how im now losing so badly, I feel this is no coincidence but a warning to all:-

Pay your premium and ask no questions, if you ask questions we will demote you and make your games immposibble to win.

I feel we have all been conned here and perhaps had money taken of us by deception? Are we all being ripped off.... I wonder indeed, Questions need to be asked and Conquer Club needs to explain.

Postby Stephan Wayne on Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:04 am

JBlombier wrote:

Yes the top 100 broke the pattern cheap tricks always win. Dont bring the high ranks into this there not really playing the game.
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Stephan Wayne

Postby Serbia on Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:17 am

Oh yes, it's a well known fact that the strength of your dice are directly tied to how positively you speak of Conquer Club within the forums.

I LOVE YOU CC YOU ARE WONDERFUL! = +.750 dice strength 8)
CONFUSED? YOU'LL KNOW WHEN YOU'RE RIPE
saxitoxin wrote:Serbia is a RUDE DUDE
may not be a PRUDE, but he's gotta 'TUDE
might not be LEWD, but he's gonna get BOOED
RUDE
Captain Serbia

Postby AndyDufresne on Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:33 pm

Darthakian wrote:Since speaking out against Conquer Club, just over 24 hours I have now been demoted by 3 ranks. Each game i start has given me the bull shit dice and a drop not even an optomist would believe. Strange how im now losing so badly, I feel this is no coincidence but a warning to all:-

Pay your premium and ask no questions, if you ask questions we will demote you and make your games immposibble to win.

I feel we have all been conned here and perhaps had money taken of us by deception? Are we all being ripped off.... I wonder indeed, Questions need to be asked and Conquer Club needs to explain.

This sounds like an investigative article for the Dispatch...

Quick, reporters, hie!

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby JBlombier on Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:20 pm

So the Conqueror must suck up to the admins 24/7 while hacking the system to maintain his position. Utter brilliance, I'll PM him to figure out how he does it.
Colonel JBlombier

Postby zimmah on Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:16 pm

don't really thnk my playstyle/qualty improved/declined much over the course of the years i have been here. but my rank usually randomly goes between 1500 and 2300. i never really go outside that range, but most often i'm around 1700.

it doesn't really matter what settings i play and how many games i have active.

i think it's more due to the failing ranking system than to luck of the dice/drops though. even though i do think some games are lost (and won) by bad (or good) luck. but, that's the thing with random.

also, today i played a game of pokemon (the trading card game) against my dad. and i used a standard 60-card sized deck with about 15 energies in it. and halfway through the deck i only drew 2 energies. all of the energies were in the bottom 20 cards of the deck or so. and in case you are wondering, i can shuffle pretty well, i have several different techniques of shuffling cards and it's as random as humanly possible.
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Postby Dibbun on Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:32 pm

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Part of a game involving risk is accounting for the possibility that you will lose many troops during a turn.

Failure to account for this contingency is what leads to demotions. It's your strategy, not the dice.
nagerous wrote:Dibbun is a well known psychotic from the forums

Army of GOD wrote:Congrats to Dibbun, the white jesus, and all of his mercy and forgiveness.

Jdsizzleslice wrote: So you can crawl back to whatever psychosocial nutjob hole you came from.
Lieutenant Dibbun

Postby jefjef on Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:53 pm

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

In games of randomness - random always has the most influence and final say but it takes being more than a corporal to realize that..
This post was made by jefjef who should be on your ignore list.
drunkmonkey wrote:I'm filing a C&A report right now. Its nice because they have a drop-down for "jefjef".
Colonel jefjef

Postby Dibbun on Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:14 am

jefjef wrote:zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

In games of randomness - random always has the most influence and final say but it takes being more than a corporal to realize that..

Did you find your eagle rank insignia in the ground, you know, while you were farming?

:lol: Game 11196906 :lol: Game 10945489 :lol:
nagerous wrote:Dibbun is a well known psychotic from the forums

Army of GOD wrote:Congrats to Dibbun, the white jesus, and all of his mercy and forgiveness.

Jdsizzleslice wrote: So you can crawl back to whatever psychosocial nutjob hole you came from.
Lieutenant Dibbun

Postby jefjef on Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:34 am

Dibbun wrote:
jefjef wrote:zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Did you find your eagle rank insignia in the ground, you know, while you were farming?

:lol: Game 11196906 :lol: Game 10945489 :lol:

Wow. :lol: 2 games out of 2700. I made both these public games. Diff maps - diff team size. 1 of these games is currently active. Yep. It takes a Corporal to think I'm a farmer.

Here's a game you can help fill dibbun Game 11267403. Be sure to ask the cook for instructions..
This post was made by jefjef who should be on your ignore list.
drunkmonkey wrote:I'm filing a C&A report right now. Its nice because they have a drop-down for "jefjef".
Colonel jefjef

Postby Fewnix on Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:32 am

I believe there is a "slippery slope" in CC for points and rank around the time players reach officer rank, lieutenant 1600 points and starts to cross over to captain. 1800 points, The "slippery slope" comes into play based on the scoring system:

The points to be awarded is calculated as (loser's score / winner's score) * 20, up to a maximum of 100 points from each opponent.

Given that there are far more players above 1000 than there are players below 1000 and far more players above 1200 than there are players below 1200, if opponents are picked at random, the odds are a lower ranked player, say around 1000 or 1200 will end up in most games, 1 v 1 or standard, against higher ranked players and need only a relatively low percentage or wins to rise in points and rank. So a player at private, around 1000, or corporal , around 1200, will probably see the score and rank go up. even though losing most games as they will u
uusally be playing higher ranked players, As the lower ranked advances, there will be a smaller pool of higher ranked players and a growing pool of lower ranked players so there will be a gradual decrease in the amount of points to be gained in a win, whether 1 v 1 or standard, and a need to get a higher percentage of wins to advance, And there will be more points to lose and more opportunity to drop in points and rank. once you are the higher ranked player v lower ranked, you need to win more than 50% of your 1 v 1 to have your score increase, and even winning more than 50% of your games, your score and rank will at times drop.

For rough math, consider a 6 player standard games with two players at about 1000 points,two players about 1400 points and two players about 1600 points. If the 1000 ranked player loses, and the winner is the other 1000 ranker, the loss is 20 points, if the winner is a 1200 ranked player, the loss is only about 18 points and if the winner is a 1600 ranked player the loss is only about 14 points, All numbers are approximate, but let us say on average the lowest ranked player will only lose about 18 points if there is a loss in a standard game with most players being higher ranked..

But if the low ranked player wins, there are 20 points from the other 1000 rankre, , 48 points from the 1200 ranked players and 64 points from the 1600 ranked player- on average let us say 132 points to gain and only 18 to lose . Win 20% of these games and your points and rank skyrocket .. 20 wins out of 100 = 20 X 132, 2640 points gained minus 80 X 18 lost 1440,= net gain about 1200 points. ou are on your way to colonel in 100 games. ;)

BUT as your points and rank increase, toward the 2000 points of a major and 2500 points of a colonel, you have more to lose and less to gain. In that 6 player game , 2 at 1000, 2 at 1200 and 2 at 1600. If you are now one of the 1600 rankers, lose to a 1000 ranker, 32 points to a 1200 ranker about 27 points and to the other 1600 ranker 20. Let us say on average a loss means a loss of 25 points. What is a win worth? - 20 points from the other 1600 ranker, about 30 points from the 1200 rankers and about 25 points form the 1000 rankers- on average let us say 75 points to be won. . Having moved from 1000 points to about 1600 you now need to win about 25 % of your standard games just to stay even- win 1 out of 4 = 255 points gained minus 225 points lost- and you have to win over 50% of your 1 v 1 if you play against those even a few hundred points lower than you.

As a rough guess based on crude math and my own experience, around the time players reach officer rank, lieutenant 1600 points and starts to cross over to captain. 1800 points, the "slippery slope" comes into play and they start sliding. Lose 3 or 4 games in a row to lower ranked can cost you 100 points and your rank, and to climb back up may take you half a dozen or a dozen wins.. And once you have dropped once in rank, say from a captain to a lieutenant, you find yourself still sliding, lose 5 of you next 10 games and you are back to sarge 1st class, ready to try for the heights again. And then to slip again.

There are different strategies to deal wit this slippery slope including avoiding playing people too far below you in rank, playing team games with partners of lower rank than you so your average score is lower, a :farming: seeking lower ranked players you can beat on a map and settings to your choosing, being more selective on the maps and setting you play so you have a better percentage of wins/points gained and increasing the quality of your play.

Good luck !!
Rule 1
show
Private Fewnix

Postby Mr Changsha on Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:39 am

Darthakian wrote:Since speaking out against Conquer Club, just over 24 hours I have now been demoted by 3 ranks. Each game i start has given me the bull shit dice and a drop not even an optomist would believe. Strange how im now losing so badly, I feel this is no coincidence but a warning to all:-

700+ games in 5 months or so seems rather a lot to me if one is concerned with actually playing each game anywhere close to perfectly. Personally (though maybe i'm a bit thick) I find anymore than 6 games at a time (trips etc) and my quality begins to drop. The opening of the game is so important, it demands real thought and planning to maximise one's resources..if you treat your games in a casual manner your results won't be great.

That you are playing lots of 1vs1 and struggling around the 1300 mark suggests you aren't playing as well as you should. You have a real points advantage in general at the moment..winning at only 50% should see your rank increase until you get to around 1600.

Assuming that the fault is with the site, or cheaters etc is no way to solve your problems. I promise you there is no 'special deal' for anyone. You must accept that before you will even begin to improve. Don't live through your delusions. In actuality the issue is that (more than likely) 1. You aren't paying enough attention to your games and 2. You haven't yet fully understood how to play the game. I know the games seems simple, but it is actually deceptively complicated. If you put your mind to it, read some of the excellent strategy threads - as I did when I joined - and I'm sure you will see your rank improve.
Colonel Mr Changsha

Next

Return to Conquer Club Discussion