Conquer Club

Etiquette for Big Hats who Foe You when you win.

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Etiquette for Big Hats who Foe You when you win.

Postby gumby2 on Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:35 pm

I've now been foed by 6-7 Big hats who list 15-20 games at a time . . . As long as I lose, no problem . . . as soon as I win 1 or 2 . . . FOED . . . no cross words, no notice, no reasoning . . . I'm typically rated between Corporal to LT. and have a 38-40% win ratio.

Some of these folks, I've played 10-15 times over the last several years . . . like I said . . . games seem pleasant enough until I win . . . then . . . the the 4 letter word next time I try to select them.

Seems fairly wimpy, prissy, cheap to me. Interested in others experience.

Happy to name names if you want to avoid them . . .
Corporal 1st Class gumby2

Re: Etiquette for Big Hats who Foe You when you win.

Postby MoB Deadly on Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:06 pm

gumby2 wrote:I've now been foed by 6-7 Big hats who list 15-20 games at a time . . . As long as I lose, no problem . . . as soon as I win 1 or 2 . . . FOED . . . no cross words, no notice, no reasoning . . . I'm typically rated between Corporal to LT. and have a 38-40% win ratio.

Some of these folks, I've played 10-15 times over the last several years . . . like I said . . . games seem pleasant enough until I win . . . then . . . the the 4 letter word next time I try to select them.

They may be looking for medals....
Art by: codierose | High Score: 2550
Corporal 1st Class MoB Deadly

Postby Woodruff on Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:28 pm

MoB Deadly wrote:
gumby2 wrote:I've now been foed by 6-7 Big hats who list 15-20 games at a time . . . As long as I lose, no problem . . . as soon as I win 1 or 2 . . . FOED . . . no cross words, no notice, no reasoning . . . I'm typically rated between Corporal to LT. and have a 38-40% win ratio.

They may be looking for medals....

That's always the excuse and, in my experience, rarely the reality. Otherwise, there would be problems BEFORE he won.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby Funkyterrance on Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:26 am

The medal thing doesn't explain why they would be fine for multiple wins and then foe after a loss...
Its too easy to just foe any player who might potentially even the scales where they should be. Totally lame.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby KoE_Sirius on Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:35 am

Let them foe who they like.Doesn't matter what they wear.I prefer wooly hats :sick:
Highest Rank 4th.
Major KoE_Sirius

Postby SirSebstar on Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:34 pm

Woodruff wrote:That's always the excuse and, in my experience, rarely the reality. Otherwise, there would be problems BEFORE he won.

I do not foe for medals. Can you explain to me why you think people foe more often AFTER being beaten. I would actually think you would foe someone you have beaten, before he gets the chance to even the score.... In my limited view, if you foe someone only after he has beaten you is kind of a friendly act... if you are only after medals and assume everybody else is too...
just an observation.
Other than that, i think people foe too much, but its allowed and even encouraged to do selfmonitoring, so i guess we are stuck with it. its not nice (maybe) but its not disallowed either.
Major SirSebstar

Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011

Postby Jdsizzleslice on Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:56 pm

Take for Example our games together, you have won 2 games total. One because I missed a turn. The other one you executed well in, it's just that you piddled around for so long I just got tired of playing you. I mean, on City Mogul Trench, you reduced me to 2 regions, and then decided to take the objectives. Really? Just take and hold them... :P
Brigadier Jdsizzleslice

Postby NoSurvivors on Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:09 am

Jdsizzleslice wrote:

Take for Example our games together, you have won 2 games total. One because I missed a turn. The other one you executed well in, it's just that you piddled around for so long I just got tired of playing you. I mean, on City Mogul Trench, you reduced me to 2 regions, and then decided to take the objectives. Really? Just take and hold them... :P

Suuuuuure ;)
Colonel NoSurvivors

Postby gumby2 on Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:24 am

wimpy, regardless of excuse . . .
Corporal 1st Class gumby2

Postby trinicardinal on Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:09 am

They don't like losing the points.... its as simple as that so they foe... they're in the game for the wrong reason imo. but its yet another reason why our scoring system and scoreboard is basically a joke. Actually the more high ranked players foe me the better it is... because it means they all consider me good enough to whoop their butts... can't get better respect than that :twisted:
10:16:35 ‹Ace Rimmer› haven't looked at work in ages
10:42:43 ‹Sackett58› fine, I'll take my panties elsewhere
Captain trinicardinal

Postby aad0906 on Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:59 am

trinicardinal wrote:They don't like losing the points.... its as simple as that so they foe... they're in the game for the wrong reason imo. but its yet another reason why our scoring system and scoreboard is basically a joke. Actually the more high ranked players foe me the better it is... because it means they all consider me good enough to whoop their butts... can't get better respect than that :twisted:

I started a game the other week and a cook joined. He got lucky early on but I still managed to win. I got 3 points. YAY. Had I lost the game I would probably have lost 100 points. I foed him. I don't mind losing points. not 20, not 40. I won't foe you if you're better and clearly outplayed me. Instead I will give you a very good 5 star rating. But risking 100 to gain 3? No thanks.
Major aad0906

Return to Conquer Club Discussion