Conquer Club

Questions about CC game mechanics

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Questions about CC game mechanics

Postby Seulessliathan on Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:46 am

Imagine you play a Standard Escalating game 8 players on Classic.
Everybody holds 5 cards, it´s your turn to play. Let´s say it´s the first round of cashing for everybody (game round 6 or so).
You cash. Now there are 37 cards in the hand of players. 7x5 for your opponents and 2 for you.
How are the odds that you get a bonus card for a ter from which you just cashed a card? If it works like the board game, there would be 2 cards still on the board, plus the 3 you just have cashed. Is CC mechanic working that way? Does it mean you have chance of 20% for each of the cards you just cashed to get again when you end your turn, and 40% for other random cards?
If you really have 20% chance to get a card again, it might be worth to try to go for that ter even if another position for taking a card might me slightly better (of course sometimes position is much more important than 2 bonus units, but let´s assume it would be nearly the same here)

Or to take this to extreme, if you play Doodle Earth, only 16 ter, so there you could be sure to get one of the cards you just cashed. And since cards must exist multiple times here, does CC avoid to create multiple cards for the same ter as long as possible, so the first 16 cards are different before repeat of cards start?
Brigadier Seulessliathan

Re: Questions about CC game mechanics

Postby SirSebstar on Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:01 pm

on a board with more territs the max spoils per players (like classic) your observation that it is more likely to get the same spoil again is correct.
for doodle earth , yes i think so.
Major SirSebstar

Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011

Postby agentcom on Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:10 pm

Picture using a regular Risk "deck" for anytime the number of cards out there is less than the number of territories on the board with two differences: (1) no wildcards; (2) the color of the card is random. [Edit: I should add here that another difference is that it's like the deck is shuffled before every single draw, so no cards are ever at the "bottom" of the deck and no cards would be in a "discard pile"]

When you reach the number of territs, then picture bringing in a second deck like the one above. But if you cash and bring the number of cards out there below the number of territs, then you go back to only using the cards left from the original deck. All the cards that are in the second deck that are not already in the hands of one of the players will remain in that deck. Any cards from deck 2 will return to deck 2 until the point (if ever) you reach the number of territs again.

That's how I believe it works, and I hope you can follow my continuation of your analogy to the Risk board game.
Colonel agentcom

Postby Forza AZ on Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:44 am

To put it more simple:

Al region spoils that are not in the hands of a player will be handed out from the deck first. If there are no region spoils left, then a "2nd set of region spoils" will be handed out.
Highest score: 3130 (9 July 2009)
Colonel Forza AZ

Postby agentcom on Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:13 pm

That is a more simple way of putting it :)

I just wanted to cover the dynamics of what happens as the cards go up and down, above and below the amount of territs.

Hey OP, just FYI, I have never used this information to affect my strategy. I do look closely at what cards I actually have, but I don't think I've ever changed my strategy based on what card I think I'm going to get or what card I think an opponent has. I can see it coming into play on Doodle to some extent, but for every other map, I would say that the benefits of figuring all this out are miniscule compared to all the other components of good strategy.

HOWEVER, I have adjusted my strategy based on which cards I actually have (to stack a territ in a nuke game or choose which territ to take/defend in a flat/esc game).
Colonel agentcom

Return to Conquer Club Discussion