Conquer Club

Dice

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Dice

Postby Scorpion_LXVI on Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:22 pm

I would like to post a comment about the dice and the way the roll out comes. I dont want to sound like a cry baby about not being fair or that I am just upset because of my loses. I do realize that I am not the most strategic person on this site, but not the worse neither. But with that said, I really would like to sugguest that the dice be revamped. I have continuously called out wheather or not I would win a roll, and what the dice are before I roll them. I am with out exaggerating, about 80% correct. I called out 10 straight dice rolls and losses in more then 1 game. I do not know what the amswer. But I feel I have wasted $25.
Scorpion LXVI
Private 1st Class Scorpion_LXVI

Re: Dice

Postby Chariot of Fire on Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:57 pm

I think if you've managed to unlock your psychic powers then $25 is an absolute bargain.

Get yourself down the track, pronto!
Colonel Chariot of Fire

Postby MoB Deadly on Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:51 am

Not sure if you should use "whether" or "weather"? USE BOTH!
Art by: codierose | High Score: 2550
Corporal 1st Class MoB Deadly

Postby Funkyterrance on Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:58 am

MoB Deadly wrote:Not sure if you should use "whether" or "weather"? USE BOTH!

Insecure about your own intelligence? Make fun of someone's spelling mistakes!
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby Gillipig on Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:47 am

Funkyterrance wrote:
MoB Deadly wrote:Not sure if you should use "whether" or "weather"? USE BOTH!

Insecure about your own intelligence? Make fun of someone's spelling mistakes!

This went of topic quickly.

To the op, there's nothing wrong with the dice, when it seems rigged it's because of a thing called luck, luck strikes both ways, sometimes you have it, sometimes you don't. If you don't like a luck based game, go play chess. (which is a brilliant game btw. Not trying to dismiss it.)
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby Fewnix on Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:28 am

Heres a great post in the Information section of the forum that might help

Anatolia wrote:Here's my brief attempt to explain why it seems like the dice are stacked against us:

There's a 1.1% chance of losing 12v3, but it seems to happen about once a week, right? This makes sense because we're all making hundreds of similar attacks per week. We're bound to have a big loss like that every once in a while.

Meanwhile, the odds of winning 5v13 are similarly 1.1%, yet a miracle like that never seems to happen. It's simply because we never attempt attacks like this. If we tried as many underdog attacks as we try big vs small attacks, we'd win against big odds as often as we lose against them.

So, even though the theoretical odds are always fair, the practical odds (actual occurrences/turns taken) of losing big are much higher than for winning big, because of how we play the game.

The conclusion? Even though its annoying when people say the dice odds are against us, there's a weird truth behind what they're saying.

A
Rule 1
show
Private Fewnix

Return to Conquer Club Discussion