Conquer Club

New player and my thoughts on the site.

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Re: New player and my thoughts on the site.

Postby Metsfanmax on Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:06 pm

I am definitely of the fan of the simple interface. This game is not intended to be anything more than a very simple browser based game. Making it more graphics intensive would be even more of a pain for people with slow connections.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby kentington on Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:28 am

Metsfanmax wrote:I am definitely of the fan of the simple interface. This game is not intended to be anything more than a very simple browser based game. Making it more graphics intensive would be even more of a pain for people with slow connections.

I agree whole-heartedly.
Some of us access this site mostly from mobile devices, and are thankful for the quick loads.
Bruceswar » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:59 pm wrote:We all had tons of men..
Sergeant kentington

Postby Swimmerdude99 on Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:54 am

I like the simplicity of the site right now. I like the view, the easy navigation, the easy to use interface and easy to understand controls and such. Also it can load on nearly any computer with any browser, doesn't take anything special to be able to run it successfully or to enjoy it to the fullest.
Offsite to 12/31/2023. Reach out to TheSpaceCowboy to reach me
Major Swimmerdude99

Postby Funkyterrance on Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:15 am

I remember I went over to my friends house once and his dad was playing risk(copyright) on the computer. There were options to watch the battles etc. but after about one viewing of this you turned the function off. My point is that bells/whistles do not necessarily equal a more enjoyable risk experience/community. :D
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby Gillipig on Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:16 am

Dukasaur wrote:
Gillipig wrote:
Funkyterrance wrote:I felt this way when I first joined but now I enjoy it's purity. I think their argument is that it's accessible to anyone, even those whose computers are out-of-date. There has recently been a change in the position of site administrator so you may get your wish but I personally applaud the site for staying this way. Also, I don't think it affects my enjoyment of the game one iota.

koontz1973 wrote:I love the look of the site. Nice, friendly and easy to get around. If a revamp was to happen, and I would love to see one, my only hope is that we do not get to far away from the template we have now. Lots could be done with what we already have and give the site a really nifty look to it.

Couldn't disagree more with you guys on this. Like the OP I have stressed the need for a face lift, and I've done it for years. Nothing has happened. User input is not valued very high on this site. Maybe things will change with the new owner, if I was the owner it would be the first thing I'd change, to set the tone and show that he's serious about revamping the site. The site has been declining for years, the interface have been lagging behind more than anything. Fix it, and fix it as quick as possible.

Maybe the site has been declining, but I don't see adding a bunch of annoying flashy graphics as being an improvement. The simpler and more text-based the better. The seamless and easily-comprehensible interface is one of the things that I would rank highly on this site. Also, the relatively low bandwidth that it uses.

Who said anything about annoying flashy graphics?
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby Just_essence on Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:23 am

Annoying flashy graphics are easy decorations, and so is used a lot when redesigning a website's visuals.
Private Just_essence

-

Postby Eddygp on Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:33 pm

Let it stay as it is.
Private Eddygp

Return to Conquer Club Discussion