Conquer Club

Why arent random maps, "Random"?????

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Re: Why arent random maps, "Random"?????

Postby owenshooter on Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:46 am

waauw wrote:
owenshooter wrote:*cry* *cry* *cry*
fake mod post

and what exactly did you just add to the discussion? i believe if you even had an INKLING of what the rules were in the forums, you would realize he is the only person flaming within this thread. i didn't call him any names, etc... learn the nuances of the language. as usual, a member of the Jr. Mints steps in where it isn't needed, adds nothing to the discourse, makes some petty comment with the fake weight of CC behind them, and in doing so, embarrasses all the good mods that actually do their job. you are an embarrassment to the mod squad and shouldn't run around slagging members of the community, due to your own issues with said members. grow up, do your free, non-paid job and try to make the site a better place. as of now, i think the best possible contribution you could make, would be to leave the site... as far as sucky maps showing up on random, showing that random isn't random, you really added nothing to the topic. if you have an issue, sanction me with all your awesome Jr. Mint mod powers... *snicker*... the black jesus has spoken...-Jésus noir

p.s.-so cute how you came in to defend your little buddy... just sad...
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby Butters1919 on Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:47 am

waauw wrote:
owenshooter wrote:*cry* *cry* *cry*

Stop belittling others when you yourself are one of the most despisable people on here.
All you know is flaming and whining.

It is amusing to watch and read!
Cook Butters1919

Postby Donelladan on Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:48 am

Lunar/Kings Court/Stalingrad/WWII Poland are all maps that require cards of some sort to keep it from getting bogged down...

That is wrong. I do not play lunar war that much, not one I really like, but King's Court, Stalingrad and WWII Poland do not need any cards.
The fact that you do not understand them does not mean they need cards to be fun.

But the most important is, nobody care that you do not like these maps.

he maps that pop up are maps that are not popular and that generally SUCK. that is why the nature of the maps matters. when all the maps that pop up SUCK and are the least popular maps on the site, RANDOM is not RANDOM.

Have you considered that the possibility that you dislike more than 50% of the maps of CC, and therefore most of the time a map that "SUCK" for you is randomly chosen?

EDIT :
you would realize he is the only person flaming within this thread. i didn't call him any name

who is he? me ? I didn't call you any name. Go ahead report my post as flaming if you wish.
Colonel Donelladan

Postby iAmCaffeine on Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:06 am

I always assumed Owen's integrity couldn't drop lower than his balls. Apparently I was wrong.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby owenshooter on Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:01 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:I always assumed Owen's integrity couldn't drop lower than his balls. Apparently I was wrong.

QFT x2!!-Jésus noir
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby Serbia on Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:39 pm

I think this thread should be moved to Flame Wars, and renamed "owen is a pussy", or something even harsher along those lines. Also, is flaming officially sanctioned by Team CC again? Just looking for some clarification.

Bollocks.
CONFUSED? YOU'LL KNOW WHEN YOU'RE RIPE
saxitoxin wrote:Serbia is a RUDE DUDE
may not be a PRUDE, but he's gotta 'TUDE
might not be LEWD, but he's gonna get BOOED
RUDE
Captain Serbia

Postby JBlombier on Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:52 pm

Serbia wrote:I think this thread should be moved to Flame Wars

I'm absolutely in favour of moving this to Flame Wars. I was just a kid when Flame Wars was at its prime, it'd be nice to discuss meaningless stuff like this with a little flame. It spices up the flavour of posts, no argument. Talking about flavour, I'd like some chaotic, prowling mustard on the next real flame, that just tastes great.
Colonel JBlombier

Postby Serbia on Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:48 pm

JBlombier wrote:

I'm absolutely in favour of moving this to Flame Wars. I was just a kid when Flame Wars was at its prime, it'd be nice to discuss meaningless stuff like this with a little flame. It spices up the flavour of posts, no argument. Talking about flavour, I'd like some chaotic, prowling mustard on the next real flame, that just tastes great.

Mustard dances, chaos flies a black flag and prowler is a Canadian thing.

Bollocks.
CONFUSED? YOU'LL KNOW WHEN YOU'RE RIPE
saxitoxin wrote:Serbia is a RUDE DUDE
may not be a PRUDE, but he's gotta 'TUDE
might not be LEWD, but he's gonna get BOOED
RUDE
Captain Serbia

Postby iAmCaffeine on Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:29 am

Serbia wrote:
JBlombier wrote:

Mustard dances, chaos flies a black flag and prowler is a Canadian thing.

Bollocks.

I wish I was around for Flame Wars, what an era.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby owenshooter on Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:43 am

i am literally in shock... i just got a map on random that i had never played, never seen, never heard of and had never had pull up on random before... now, New Jersey isn't an amazing map full of dazzling game play, but it was one i had never seen... i actually started playing random poly and random team games to keep interest in the site and game. i didn't want to go to the trench/fog/10 month game settings, so i thought playing people on maps neither of us may have never seen would be a different type of "challenge".... i am literally so in shock that i have finally seen a map i had never seen before, that wasn't a suck-fest!!!-Jn
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:54 am

owenshooter wrote:i am literally in shock... i just got a map on random that i had never played, never seen, never heard of and had never had pull up on random before... now, New Jersey isn't an amazing map full of dazzling game play, but it was one i had never seen... i actually started playing random poly and random team games to keep interest in the site and game. i didn't want to go to the trench/fog/10 month game settings, so i thought playing people on maps neither of us may have never seen would be a different type of "challenge".... i am literally so in shock that i have finally seen a map i had never seen before, that wasn't a suck-fest!!!-Jn

Good...:)
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Major Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby owenshooter on Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:27 am

and now New Zealand has been put into HEAVY "random" selection mode... sigh...-Jésus noir
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:19 am

owenshooter wrote:and now New Zealand has been put into HEAVY "random" selection mode... sigh...-Jésus noir

Yeah, we had a meeting last week and some of the mods thought you don't play enough New Zealand.

<sigh>
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Major Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby owenshooter on Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:30 am

Dukasaur wrote:
owenshooter wrote:and now New Zealand has been put into HEAVY "random" selection mode... sigh...-Jésus noir

Yeah, we had a meeting last week and some of the mods thought you don't play enough New Zealand.

<sigh>

yeah, i received those minutes!!!-Jésus noir

CC TEAM MEETING
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby owenshooter on Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:34 am

the new bane of my existence... KNIGHTS... what a shitty map... can someone please defend this map to me? is this some variation of chess played by people that i have never heard of? an entire map on which you can only attack in the "L" of the KNIGHTS move, is just STOOPID... the foundry... sigh... i am just dumbfounded... i do apologize, as this is a bitch fest about one map and not the problem of random not being random... lately, been getting maps i haven't seen in a long time and enjoying it all again... they must have put extra random juice into the machine...-Jésus noir
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby clangfield on Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:19 am

owenshooter wrote:the new bane of my existence... KNIGHTS... what a shitty map... can someone please defend this map to me? is this some variation of chess played by people that i have never heard of? an entire map on which you can only attack in the "L" of the KNIGHTS move, is just STOOPID... the foundry... sigh... i am just dumbfounded... i do apologize, as this is a bitch fest about one map and not the problem of random not being random... lately, been getting maps i haven't seen in a long time and enjoying it all again... they must have put extra random juice into the machine...-Jésus noir

Not stupid, just different. I avoid random so I don't get maps I don't like. I suggest you do the same.
Lieutenant clangfield

Postby owenshooter on Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:25 am

clangfield wrote:Not stupid, just different. I avoid random so I don't get maps I don't like. I suggest you do the same.

i play random/poly to keep the site fun... otherwise, the maps i like, the settings i like, i get the same 4-5 guys to play me and we already know who is going to win on the drop... this keeps CC fresh and entertaining, even when the random maps that pop up, SUCK.. and, it is a little fun to try and figure out a map against someone also trying to figure it out, and see who comes out on top... but thank you for the advice...-Jésus noir
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby nippersean on Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:35 am

I like random too. Not as much as I use to.

Reason - too many rubbish maps.

Someone really should go through them and get rid of the Natty era + a few. That personal enough?
It's good that the foundry nice and quiet now. Maybe they can revisit the existing rubbish ones and only let through good ones.

Maybe all the average ones can be removed from random and only come out at Christmas (or any other religious festival). Guess this is all ready in suggestions and therefore will never be done.

OP, I haven't read the whole thread but presume someone posted that the random map generator may be the same as the random dice generator.
Brigadier nippersean

Postby owenshooter on Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:18 pm

nippersean wrote:I like random too. Not as much as I use to.

Someone really should go through them and get rid of the Natty era + a few. That personal enough?
It's good that the foundry nice and quiet now. Maybe they can revisit the existing rubbish ones and only let through good ones.

Maybe all the average ones can be removed from random and only come out at Christmas (or any other religious festival). Guess this is all ready in suggestions and therefore will never be done.

OP, I haven't read the whole thread but presume someone posted that the random map generator may be the same as the random dice generator.

come on!!! how much better can it get than POT MOSBI?!! i'm sure it only is played through random, now... i always feel like i'm farming on that map, NOBODY gets it...-jésus noir
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby iAmCaffeine on Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:15 am

owenshooter wrote:
nippersean wrote:I like random too. Not as much as I use to.

come on!!! how much better can it get than POT MOSBI?!! i'm sure it only is played through random, now... i always feel like i'm farming on that map, NOBODY gets it...-jésus noir

Prove it.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby t4mcr53s2 on Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:22 am

another way to think of angents point is if you flip a coin 3 times ,(and landing on edge is not allowed) the chance that heads will show 2 or 3 times is 50% but the chance that somethings going to show up 2 or 3 times is 100%

another think that could be in play here is i've seen some auto tournements that allow for random map among choice of a more limited number of maps , e.g. 17-50 of the ones realvant to say a great war theme , or a united states theme etc
I wish either my father or my mother, or indeed both of them as they were in duty both equally bound to it, had minded what they were about when....

If 2 player fog game,please allow 12 hour snap courtesy, or post what I could have seen.... Thank you
Colonel t4mcr53s2

Postby owenshooter on Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:39 am

t4mcr53s2 wrote:another way to think of angents point is if you flip a coin 3 times ,(and landing on edge is not allowed) the chance that heads will show 2 or 3 times is 50% but the chance that somethings going to show up 2 or 3 times is 100%

another think that could be in play here is i've seen some auto tournements that allow for random map among choice of a more limited number of maps , e.g. 17-50 of the ones realvant to say a great war theme , or a united states theme etc

oh.. so you are saying it is possible for them to determine certain maps will only be selected by RANDOM? is that what i am understanding? liiiike, you have a WWII tournament, and all the WWII maps may show up randomly? see, they just took all the shitty maps and put them into the site random map generator. conspiracy proven. lock the thread...-Jésus noir
Lieutenant owenshooter

Previous

Return to Conquer Club Discussion