Conquer Club

whamBot / Inappropriate Chat

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Re: whamBot / Inappropriate Chat

Postby fishydance on Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:22 pm

Dukasaur this is one issue we'll have to agree to disagree on. You are entitled to your opinion, and I mine.
Major fishydance
Clan Director
Clan Director

Postby IcePack on Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:39 pm

owenshooter wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:ehhh, you had a bot talking about rape in global chat with females present... -Jésus noir

fishydance wrote:I don't care of they are bots, that sort of banter about rape is totally inappropriate. As a woman I not only find it offensive, it makes me uncomfortable to be part of a site that considers it funny or silly. It is neither.

I'm sorry, but where does the "females present" and "as a woman" come into play here? Men can't be raped or offended by it? Or is rape against females bad, and if it's a man that's ok?

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby fishydance on Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:09 pm

IcePack wrote:
owenshooter wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:ehhh, you had a bot talking about rape in global chat with females present... -Jésus noir

fishydance wrote:I don't care of they are bots, that sort of banter about rape is totally inappropriate. As a woman I not only find it offensive, it makes me uncomfortable to be part of a site that considers it funny or silly. It is neither.

I'm sorry, but where does the "females present" and "as a woman" come into play here? Men can't be raped or offended by it? Or is rape against females bad, and if it's a man that's ok?

No it's not okay regardless of sex. However, on a site where I am often mistaken for a man, I felt the need to state that I am a woman who does not feel comfortable with the discussion. Or am I not entitled to state that I feel uncomfortable here? Because I most certainly do.
Major fishydance
Clan Director
Clan Director

Postby ConfederateSS on Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:20 pm

-----Example..I don't play Fantasy Football anymore.The only football game I watch from now on.Is The Army/Navy game..I am just sick off the crap. I had Adrian Peterson in a couple of Keeper leagues.Ray Rice in one..I'm just sick with American Sports crap. On and off the field. I come from a strong Prussian/German background. I was tied hanging by my hands on a steel beam over my head. Toes just barely touching the basement floor. For every grade lower than an "A", we got wiped 100 times. 5 "A's" and a "B",100 lashes. 4 "A's,a "B",and a "C"= 300 lashes. My father didn't want us growing up like the rest of The American scum. Lets just say,at a Catholic school..After 3rd grade.4th through 12th..I never got a grade lower than an "A". Number "1" in my class..I still remember the blood rolling down my back,off my toes on to the basement floor. Still have little white lines all over. Where years ago my skin split open. So I know pain,before others jump on my posts..ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion). P.S. I still play Fantasy Baseball. Baseball has a Historical and a strong tradition with it's players. Something the other American sports lack. :D .Hockey's not American.............
Sergeant ConfederateSS

Location: THE CONFEDERATE STATES of AMERICA and THE OLD WEST!

Postby Keefie on Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:22 pm

I totally agree with Fishydance on this one. If there's a chance that this could be repeated then they should be switched off.
Major Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby fishydance on Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:33 pm

One last comment on this topic. In my profession I've had to collect and/or evaluate samples from victims of rape. I've also had to testify in court as an expert witness. Rape is a topic I am quite familiar with and I am not afraid to discuss it. However, I do not pay to be a member of a gaming site with the expectation that a bot will randomly make statements about rape. To me this is an inappropriate venue for that sort of discussion. I came to CC for fun and relaxation, not this. And yes, I don't have to visit the forums or the chat. I also don't have to be a paying member, nor even a member at all. So ultimately I can control whether I am subjected to it. My key point is that I found this unacceptable. Not just as a woman, but as a person. Why make any members feel uncomfortable, or potentially drive them away, when it would be a relatively simple thing to block certain words from being used by a bot? On that note, I'll bow out of this discussion, as I've said what I needed to say. Time to retire to my quiet pond that is mercifully free of bots :D
Major fishydance
Clan Director
Clan Director

Postby demonfork on Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:39 pm

I don't believe that this chat is inappropriate.

It's a true statement...

"Anyone that follows rape would know how important the subject is."

I don't think that anyone could argue the validity of wham's statement.

Wham bot is a profound mutha fuckah!
Captain demonfork

Postby ConfederateSS on Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:34 pm

------For those who say ,it's by mistake or Humans don't program Bots.To try and cover their ass. Robots don't make mistakes. All Robots are programmed /made by Humans.The High Command even asked CC members, to give Ideas,on what Bots should say. So this issue still rests with the people(The High Command) that built and program/run this site. Just stop it already. Get the Robots out of Global Chat and back to the battlefield. What they are supposed to be programmed in doing. Annoying us to death,as we crush their Metal/Plastic/Microchip asses. ..I have to Get Back to my mission on leading The Blue and Silver rebellion(All us regular joes) A top THE GREAT WAR...ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion).P.S..Although getting GW TOKES is a BITCH..You think being a premium member would be entry enough. :roll:
Sergeant ConfederateSS

Postby Lord Arioch on Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:36 pm

Sigh, this discussion is really stupid... fishydance got a point!
just remove the bloody bots from the chat problem solved!
Captain Lord Arioch

Postby betiko on Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:38 pm

I m handling medals for superior butthurt stupidity. Looks like most of the people in this thread deserve one. Unless they didn't really understand what happened.. They still get a half stupid medal.

But are you guys seriously stupid enough to get offended by a random chat phrase done by a computer... That happens to mean something inappropriate? Jeez. This is funny, this can t possibly be seen as something offensive. Nobody wrote that crap, nobody thinks this statement is true.
Next time you see a rock perfectly shaped like a penis go ahead and sue a ranger ffs.
Major betiko

Postby Lord Arioch on Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:35 pm

Well does it matter? I personally think u could joke about anything and i mean anything! But i do it with people who knows me... in person i dont take my humour and harass others with it...
If people are offended by this, and i agree after thinking about it, then listen, learn and bloody change.

We go here to play games and jabber a bit, not for abuse, and abuse is if people think and feel it, is NOT if others say it aint.

This is easy remove the bloody bots they dont serve any purpose in the chat! if real people dont want to chat so why should we be forced to listen to idiotic programming?
Captain Lord Arioch

Postby clangfield on Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:01 pm

fishydance wrote:One last comment on this topic. In my profession I've had to collect and/or evaluate samples from victims of rape. I've also had to testify in court as an expert witness. Rape is a topic I am quite familiar with and I am not afraid to discuss it. However, I do not pay to be a member of a gaming site with the expectation that a bot will randomly make statements about rape. To me this is an inappropriate venue for that sort of discussion. I came to CC for fun and relaxation, not this. And yes, I don't have to visit the forums or the chat. I also don't have to be a paying member, nor even a member at all. So ultimately I can control whether I am subjected to it. My key point is that I found this unacceptable. Not just as a woman, but as a person. Why make any members feel uncomfortable, or potentially drive them away, when it would be a relatively simple thing to block certain words from being used by a bot? On that note, I'll bow out of this discussion, as I've said what I needed to say. Time to retire to my quiet pond that is mercifully free of bots :D

I'm sure it will surprise no-one to discover that I'm entirely on your side in this matter. This site makes too many concessions to those with the thickest skins in my view, and too little allowance for the possibility that others might see the world differently.
Lieutenant clangfield

Postby betiko on Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:11 pm

Lord Arioch wrote:Well does it matter? I personally think u could joke about anything and i mean anything! But i do it with people who knows me... in person i dont take my humour and harass others with it...
If people are offended by this, and i agree after thinking about it, then listen, learn and bloody change.

We go here to play games and jabber a bit, not for abuse, and abuse is if people think and feel it, is NOT if others say it aint.

This is easy remove the bloody bots they dont serve any purpose in the chat! if real people dont want to chat so why should we be forced to listen to idiotic programming?

I don t even get why people go in global chat in the first place. People say dumb shit and are desperate to have something to talk about. Bots just randomly show up and just tell random stuff.
They have each about 50 phrases or less, and will insert something that was said previously in the chat.
This is like saying "rape" in front of a parrot, and the parrot repeats "rape" in an appropriate moment in a conversation. Don't blame the freakin parrot, like he has an idea of what it s all about.
Anyone with a slight sense of humour would laugh at what the parrot said instead of getting offended.
Major betiko

Postby ConfederateSS on Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:41 am

----Parrots are not made by man. So it is not the same. Like I said,all Robots are programmed by Humans,. Not a certain word. But the ability to repeat a word,was giving to THEM BY HUMANS. O.K. I heard a JOKE LIKE THE JEWISH ONE.. ONE of the COPS in THE CITY IN trouble this summer in a southern state. Had on his E-Mail..A black woman goes to a clinic. Has an abortion. She gets a check from the clinic for $3,000.oo. She calls the clinic. Whats the money for? The clinic says.It's from CRIME STOPPERS. The Detroit Free Press ,had a cartoon. With a poor Mexican(dressed in a western poncho get up) in front of a SSI office. The caption under the picture. I just got in THE US.where's my free money. The people who let the cartoon go to press. Were all let go the next day. But it's O.K.,go ahead laugh it up. :roll: ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion).
Sergeant ConfederateSS

Postby clangfield on Sat Mar 07, 2015 5:48 am

betiko wrote:Anyone with a slight sense of humour would laugh at what the parrot said instead of getting offended.

The point is that some words or phrases can touch a nerve in people and make them feel uncomfortable or upset - not quite the same as being offended by an insult. If it started talking about some form of death that you've just experienced in your family - say you'd lost a child to a drugs overdose, or a parent to cancer - would you just laugh it off? And even if you could, would you really believe that everyone else could?
Lieutenant clangfield

Postby betiko on Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:05 am

ConfederateSS wrote:----Parrots are not made by man. So it is not the same. Like I said,all Robots are programmed by Humans,. Not a certain word. But the ability to repeat a word,was giving to THEM BY HUMANS. O.K. I heard a JOKE LIKE THE JEWISH ONE.. ONE of the COPS in THE CITY IN trouble this summer in a southern state. Had on his E-Mail..A black woman goes to a clinic. Has an abortion. She gets a check from the clinic for $3,000.oo. She calls the clinic. Whats the money for? The clinic says.It's from CRIME STOPPERS. The Detroit Free Press ,had a cartoon. With a poor Mexican(dressed in a western poncho get up) in front of a SSI office. The caption under the picture. I just got in THE US.where's my free money. The people who let the cartoon go to press. Were all let go the next day. But it's O.K.,go ahead laugh it up. :roll: ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion).

oh, so it's not mankind that would "program" the parrot to say "rape"? it's the exact same thing dude. the parrot repeats what he's heard from men, whambot repeats what' he's read from men. Blame the guy who brought up rape in the global chat, not whambot for accidentally repeating that word in one of his made up phrases.
Major betiko

Postby betiko on Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:11 am

clangfield wrote:
betiko wrote:Anyone with a slight sense of humour would laugh at what the parrot said instead of getting offended.

The point is that some words or phrases can touch a nerve in people and make them feel uncomfortable or upset - not quite the same as being offended by an insult. If it started talking about some form of death that you've just experienced in your family - say you'd lost a child to a drugs overdose, or a parent to cancer - would you just laugh it off? And even if you could, would you really believe that everyone else could?

I could get offended by the human that brought it up in the first place if it had bad intentions, not by a robot program that randomly repeats what people write in global chat. Just like I would never be offended by a parrot that doesn't understand what he's repeating. because it's the exact same thing.

Take a child; if he says one of these things, it's because some adult told him with bad intentions. If the kid says it once, he's just been manipulated (assuming he doesn't know what he said means), if he repeats it several times he is just trolling adults as he sees a negative reaction. Even if the child doesn't understand, you can blame the child too not just the adult.
In the case ofa parrot/whambot.... even if they repeat it constantly you can't blame them. they will not understand your reaction if they say such thing.
Major betiko

Postby DaGip on Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:52 am

pinkrose2012 wrote:This was totally inappropriate and I feel that if this was viewed by the wrong individuals this could potentially cause a lot of issues for this site.
As owenshooter has said, I do not know who is in charge of the bot chat but they need to reconsider what they think is humorous or if this was a error in spelling they need to be more careful next time.
There is absolutely nothing funny nor humorous about rape.

The aim of the wise is not to secure pleasure, but to avoid pain.
~Aristotle

Rape is not funny!

Army of GOD wrote:This thread is now about my large penis
Sergeant 1st Class DaGip

Postby ConfederateSS on Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:56 am

---No, you can reprogram the Robots not to repeat things. Or turn them off. You can beat the shit out of a kid. Or in today's case, drug them. Till they change. You can't stop a free living spirit like a Parrot. It has gone through millions of years of evolution to get where it's at. Not being human.but a living thing that feels(I don't know about emotions,but I am sure it will yell if you poke it with a stick)."Thank God or Charles Darwin" says,THE PARROT. That's like blaming the gun. Guns don't kill people. People kill people. Guns are just tools. LIKE ROBOTS. made by mankind. That can be turn off or locked up.Bots are not the problem. The programmers are. Just reprogram,or get rid of The Robots. Or stop them from chatting at least.Before they travel back in time and destroy us. ;) ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion). :) P.S. DUDE!!! DO YOU SEE THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN MANKIND AND EVOLUTION PROGRAMMING THINGS DUDE. A PARROT ACTS LIKE A PARROT. A ROBOT ACTS LIKE A HUMAN.BECAUSE IT WAS MADE TO..DUDE!!!!!!!!!!
Sergeant ConfederateSS

Postby betiko on Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:24 am

ConfederateSS wrote:---No, you can reprogram the Robots not to repeat things. Or turn them off. You can beat the shit out of a kid. Or in today's case, drug them. Till they change. You can't stop a free living spirit like a Parrot. It has gone through millions of years of evolution to get where it's at. Not being human.but a living thing that feels(I don't know about emotions,but I am sure it will yell if you poke it with a stick)."Thank God or Charles Darwin" says,THE PARROT. That's like blaming the gun. Guns don't kill people. People kill people. Guns are just tools. LIKE ROBOTS. made by mankind. That can be turn off or locked up.Bots are not the problem. The programmers are. Just reprogram,or get rid of The Robots. Or stop them from chatting at least.Before they travel back in time and destroy us. ;) ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion). :) P.S. DUDE!!! DO YOU SEE THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN MANKIND AND EVOLUTION PROGRAMMING THINGS DUDE. A PARROT ACTS LIKE A PARROT. A ROBOT ACTS LIKE A HUMAN.BECAUSE IT WAS MADE TO..DUDE!!!!!!!!!!

you can kill the parrot if you don't like what he's saying. sounds a bit extreme though. regarding whambot, that's just the fun of randomness. this is like someone failing a 25v2... what are the odds... but sometimes it can happen! it ends up being nothing more than a funny anecdote.
Major betiko

Postby owenshooter on Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:27 pm

betiko wrote:
ConfederateSS wrote:blah, blah, blah....

you can kill the parrot if you don't like what he's saying.

i DARE you to try and kill this kickass parrot!!-Jésus noir

Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby clangfield on Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:53 pm

betiko wrote:
ConfederateSS wrote:---No, you can reprogram the Robots not to repeat things. Or turn them off. You can beat the shit out of a kid. Or in today's case, drug them. Till they change. You can't stop a free living spirit like a Parrot. It has gone through millions of years of evolution to get where it's at. Not being human.but a living thing that feels(I don't know about emotions,but I am sure it will yell if you poke it with a stick)."Thank God or Charles Darwin" says,THE PARROT. That's like blaming the gun. Guns don't kill people. People kill people. Guns are just tools. LIKE ROBOTS. made by mankind. That can be turn off or locked up.Bots are not the problem. The programmers are. Just reprogram,or get rid of The Robots. Or stop them from chatting at least.Before they travel back in time and destroy us. ;) ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion). :) P.S. DUDE!!! DO YOU SEE THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN MANKIND AND EVOLUTION PROGRAMMING THINGS DUDE. A PARROT ACTS LIKE A PARROT. A ROBOT ACTS LIKE A HUMAN.BECAUSE IT WAS MADE TO..DUDE!!!!!!!!!!

you can kill the parrot if you don't like what he's saying. sounds a bit extreme though. regarding whambot, that's just the fun of randomness. this is like someone failing a 25v2... what are the odds... but sometimes it can happen! it ends up being nothing more than a funny anecdote.

Rape is not a funny anecdote.
But to take your point... some of us don't like what the bot is saying. Therefore it should be killed.
Lieutenant clangfield

Postby owenshooter on Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:15 pm

clangfield wrote:
betiko wrote:

Rape is not a funny anecdote.
But to take your point... some of us don't like what the bot is saying. Therefore it should be killed.

by your own rules, you would have been killed off a long time ago... :D :D -Jésus noir
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby Gilligan on Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:26 pm

Fishy is right about everything
Captain Gilligan

Postby Metsfanmax on Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:39 pm

clangfield wrote:But to take your point... some of us don't like what the bot is saying. Therefore it should be killed.

No, that's way too extreme. Rather, some code should be inserted that blocks certain phrases. Rape can be one of them. If it happens on others that we couldn't presently predict, we'll amend the list as needed.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

PreviousNext

Return to Conquer Club Discussion