Conquer Club

Bonus Drop?

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Bonus Drop?

Postby zsp on Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:14 pm

Wait...pardon my noobedness....

But it's actually possible to get a bonus at the start of the game? Especially a 1v1 game?
2008-10-15 03:03:59 - pasberg: Zsp is really good in manipulating you guys doing his work.

22:18:13 ‹dakky21› but i MUST moderate this dead chat
22:18:41 ‹zsp› ^you just gave me a new sig.
Major zsp

Re: Bonus Drop?

Postby Metsfanmax on Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:09 pm

Yep. Nothing is working against it except luck of the drop.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby ManBungalow on Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:23 am

Yep, the drop is random. So like, on the Classic map, it's easily possible to start with the whole of Oceania or whatever. You gotta remember that this shit WILL happen and give your opponent an advantage, BUT at least in some games YOU will get that advantage...because, y'know, random...

HOWEVER, there are many maps available which try to offset this potential for an unfair start. It is possible in the XML code for maps to have regions which ALWAYS start as neutral (you just need to play Feudal War to see this to be true), and the rest of the regions start randomly (or grouped together then distributed randomly, like in City Mogul).

Some maps which are less likely to have one player start with a bonus, which you might enjoy:

Antarctica
City Mogul
Clandemonium
Feudal War/Epic
Middle Ages
Monsters

and many more

Also try Hive, USA 2.1, Eurasia etc. The troop numbers are so great that even your opponent starting with a bonus can be out-played if your strategy is good.
Colonel ManBungalow

Postby owenshooter on Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:26 am

zsp wrote:Wait...pardon my noobedness....

yes... you have only been here since '07... how have you never seen that before? it is like you are the boy in the bubble... the black jesus is astounded...-Jésus noir

Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby zsp on Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:16 am

owenshooter wrote:

yes... you have only been here since '07... how have you never seen that before? it is like you are the boy in the bubble... the black jesus is astounded...-Jésus noir

Haha well in my defense, I BECAME a member in 07, not a member SINCE 07 being as though I was banned for the majority of that time period.

Quit being a cyber bully with your racist black Jesus depiction! ;)
2008-10-15 03:03:59 - pasberg: Zsp is really good in manipulating you guys doing his work.

22:18:13 ‹dakky21› but i MUST moderate this dead chat
22:18:41 ‹zsp› ^you just gave me a new sig.
Major zsp

Postby owenshooter on Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:55 am

zsp wrote:
owenshooter wrote:

Haha well in my defense, I BECAME a member in 07, not a member SINCE 07 being as though I was banned for the majority of that time period.

Quit being a cyber bully with your racist black Jesus depiction! ;)

ahhhh, i know that story quite well!!! i wrote a few chapters of it, myself!!-Jn
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Return to Conquer Club Discussion