Conquer Club

possible to play a map that can have no winners?

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

possible to play a map that can have no winners?

Postby backspin on Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:05 am

I am currently playing: Das Schloss - Terminator, Nuclear, Parachute, Fog, Trench - Round 18
https://www.conquerclub.com/game.php?game=16059334

for quite some time i have only had 3 territories on an incoming parachute track. The way from this area back into the rest of the map is through the access point...which reverts to 2 neutral.

Given the trench warfare setting I am thus unable to proceed with this game in any meaningful fashion other than throwing the random nuclear set out.

anyway this got me wondering...if enough nuclear or zombie sets were thrown around and somehow everyone got stuck on the parachute track...the game would stalemate?
are there other maps like this? In which trench warfare could potentially stalemate a game?

what should I do?
keep playing and contribute to the game by collecting cards and tossing nukes or just stop taking my turn?
what would you do?

and btw I am not faulting the map for anything, its a great map...just some settings dont play good with some maps

what do you think?
Private backspin

Re: possible to play a map that can have no winners?

Postby iAmCaffeine on Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:37 am

Access Point is a killer neutral, and in trench games you can take a killer neutral and then another region. So, from C2 (for example) you can take Access Point and then Sdt. Kip without having to stop. This applies to all killer neutral territories on any map when playing trench.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby owenshooter on Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:51 am

yeah, just because you don't understand a map, don't come whining in the forums about poor design/etc... *snicker*...-JĆ©sus noir
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby iAmCaffeine on Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:55 am

owenshooter wrote:yeah, just because you don't understand a map, don't come whining in the forums about poor design/etc... *snicker*...-JĆ©sus noir

backspin wrote:and btw I am not faulting the map for anything, its a great map...
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby owenshooter on Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:03 am

iAmCaffeine wrote:
owenshooter wrote:yeah, just because you don't understand a map, don't come whining in the forums about poor design/etc... *snicker*...-JĆ©sus noir

backspin wrote:and btw I am not faulting the map for anything, its a great map...

*cough*
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby mrswdk on Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:18 am

When people play special gameplay maps, there are never any winners.

On a related note, what happens if in a nuclear elimination game someone eliminates themselves using their nuclear spoils?
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby iAmCaffeine on Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:49 am

mrswdk wrote:On a related note, what happens if in a nuclear elimination game someone eliminates themselves using their nuclear spoils?

They die..

@Owen - I know you're game, just maybe don't play it against the newer players. It doesn't help.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby owenshooter on Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:52 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:Actually, Promontory Summit is known for never being played by winners.

i believe the qualifying statement of "map", excludes that shit storm from the discussion...-JĆ©sus noir

this is where new maps come from:
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby mrswdk on Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:00 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:
mrswdk wrote:On a related note, what happens if in a nuclear elimination game someone eliminates themselves using their nuclear spoils?

They die..

I mean pointwise, smart ass.
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby owenshooter on Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:10 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:

They die..

@iAmCaffeine - I know you're game, just maybe don't play it against the newer players. It doesn't help. The black jesus has spoken...-JĆ©sus noir
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby riskllama on Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:01 pm

@ mrs : if you nuke/zombie yourself out of a terminator game, you don't lose any points. i'm actually waiting for a soup can to take my last 2 of 3 terits so I can pull this awesome stunt for the third time. it's almost as satisfying as winning...
also,
I think promontory summit is kinda fun soo...f*ck you guys.
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby JBlombier on Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:20 pm

riskllama wrote:@ mrs : if you nuke/zombie yourself out of a terminator game, you don't lose any points.

I don't think this is true, I think the eventual winner of the game will get your points if you nuke yourself. And if, in an exceptional case, the three spoils are used to nuke the last 2 or 3 territories on the map (yours and someone else's), I think the person holding the territory of the last-played spoil is the winner. At least, that's how it used to be.
Colonel JBlombier

Postby backspin on Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:31 pm

I have zombied myself out of a game before,

neutral player eliminated backspin from the game

I thought it was it was funny :P

Didn't know about the attack from a neutral, thought the rule of trench warfare applied to everything on the map so i didnt even try to attack from that point

Live and learn...
Private backspin

Postby TheForgivenOne on Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:40 pm

JBlombier wrote:
riskllama wrote:@ mrs : if you nuke/zombie yourself out of a terminator game, you don't lose any points.

I don't think this is true, I think the eventual winner of the game will get your points if you nuke yourself. And if, in an exceptional case, the three spoils are used to nuke the last 2 or 3 territories on the map (yours and someone else's), I think the person holding the territory of the last-played spoil is the winner. At least, that's how it used to be.

This.

If you nuke yourself out, the eventual winner get's your points. I think you have it correct on the winner if you nuke the last remaining players as well.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby riskllama on Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:26 pm

thanks alot, you assholes. my night is ruined... :evil:
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby mrswdk on Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:03 am

JBlombier wrote:

What does this mean? How is the 'last-played' of the three spoils determined?
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby waauw on Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:49 am

mrswdk wrote:
JBlombier wrote:

My guess reading the spoils from left to right
Lieutenant waauw

Postby clangfield on Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:46 pm

I think in Poison Rome you can get yourself to a point where you get 0 troops each turn... not sure if it's possible for all players to do that, but if it is, then I guess you end up with no winner.
Lieutenant clangfield

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Nov 14, 2015 2:52 pm

clangfield wrote:I think in Poison Rome you can get yourself to a point where you get 0 troops each turn... not sure if it's possible for all players to do that, but if it is, then I guess you end up with no winner.

I think you mean Conquer Rome. There's no negative bonuses in Poison Rome, but there is in Conquer Rome, where if you hold too many barbarians on the same side as your emperor you can get zero deploy. Still, if you were doing that, you'd still be getting the autodeploys on the excessive barbarians, so you'd still be gaining troops.

The Cartography boys are pretty careful to make sure that stalemates are impossible. When Baseball was in early Beta, it was possible to get stuck on a Home Run, but they fixed that with a special defeat condition that eliminates you if a Home Run is the only thing you have.
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby iAmCaffeine on Sat Nov 14, 2015 3:22 pm

backspin wrote:Didn't know about the attack from a neutral, thought the rule of trench warfare applied to everything on the map so i didnt even try to attack from that point

Live and learn...

Only killer neutrals, not all neutrals. Killers are the ones that reset the next turn.

Also, mrswdk, left to right is correct. It's basically the order you received the cards.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby JBlombier on Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:06 pm

waauw wrote:
mrswdk wrote:
JBlombier wrote:

My guess reading the spoils from left to right

Yes, that's it. You can click them any way you like, but the sequence is already determined before you take your turn.
Colonel JBlombier

Postby Quirk on Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:02 pm

If you nuke/zombify yourself out of a terminator game you don't lose any points. I've done it several times. With standard games you still lose the points at the end like normal.

neutral player eliminated Quirk from the game
Image Image

"Zungguzungguguzungguzeng"
-Yellowman
pancakemix wrote:Quirk, you are a bastard. That is all.
Major Quirk

Postby JBlombier on Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:05 pm

Really? Can you post a game number, please. I wanna see how it goes.
Colonel JBlombier

Next

Return to Conquer Club Discussion