Conquer Club

Refresh is Killing me in Speed Games!

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Refresh is Killing me in Speed Games!

Postby jerpaw on Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:22 pm

the refresh during speed games is really messing my play up. why does it have to continuously refresh during someones turn? can't the timer just run without a refresh for the player making moves and only refresh for the players waiting for their turn?
Private jerpaw

Re: Refresh is Killing me in Speed Games!

Postby BrutalBob on Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:07 pm

I was going to post on this too. It has been driving me crazy for ages. I was going to post it in suggestions.

So many times i misdeploy or mis-reinforce because of this stupid thing. Just as I select a target territory it refreshes and resets the combo box back to its previous or default setting. It really happens a lot.

I undertsand it may be necessary in freestyle (not sure I dont play them) but surely the auto refresh could be disabled in sequential when it is your turn. As far as I can see it serves no purpose at all.

This is a major bugbear of mine. I am pretty slow with the mouse/hand/eye, exacerbated when I have to scroll the map up/down and even when it doesnt cause a misdeploy/reinforce it causes a a big time issue because I have to go back and check or change the combo box.
Lieutenant BrutalBob

Re: Refresh is Killing me in Speed Games!

Postby Symmetry on Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:12 pm

BrutalBob wrote:I was going to post on this too. It has been driving me crazy for ages. I was going to post it in suggestions.

So many times i misdeploy or mis-reinforce because of this stupid thing. Just as I select a target territory it refreshes and resets the combo box back to its previous or default setting. It really happens a lot.

I undertsand it may be necessary in freestyle (not sure I dont play them) but surely the auto refresh could be disabled in sequential when it is your turn. As far as I can see it serves no purpose at all.

This is a major bugbear of mine. I am pretty slow with the mouse/hand/eye, exacerbated when I have to scroll the map up/down and even when it doesnt cause a misdeploy/reinforce it causes a a big time issue because I have to go back and check or change the combo box.

You should definitely post it in suggestions. You'll likely get better responses on whether it's technically feasible or not.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Return to Conquer Club Discussion