Conquer Club

Do new games ever expire?

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Do new games ever expire?

Postby PapaGeek on Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:22 pm

I don’t want to get specific, but, like many others, I tend to search for a specific combination of game options. I joined some 12 player games which usually fill up in a reasonable time. Then, a Cook decided to start 40 games with the same map, 5 each with various number of players. Most of those games are now sitting there with only the Cook as a player, no one has joined. A few do have a second player and 3 of the 11 player games have 4 players.

We definitely do not want to discourage members from starting new games, but how long should those games remain on the game finder search list? We might consider leaving them on the list for something like 30 days for each member who has joined. In other words, if no one joins you, the game disappears in 30 days. If a second player joins, it stays around for 60 days, etc.
Major PapaGeek

Re: Do old members know where to post suggestions?

Postby owenshooter on Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:36 pm

PapaGeek wrote:We definitely do not want to discourage members from starting new games, but how long should those games remain on the game finder search list? We might consider leaving them on the list for something like 30 days for each member who has joined. In other words, if no one joins you, the game disappears in 30 days. If a second player joins, it stays around for 60 days, etc.

looks like a suggestion to me.. you've been here long enough to know where those go... in before the move... good luck with this... your issue seems to be with his rank... did you check how long he had been a member, how many games he had played, etc? probably not... just being a Rank-ist and making assumptions... again, good luck with this suggestion... the black jesus has spoken...-Jésus noir
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Re: Do new games ever expire?

Postby PapaGeek on Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:46 am

No, my issue is not with his rank, it is with clogging up the list with games that no one seems to want to play, and yes, I will move this to the suggestion area since the answer seem to be no, there is no limit on how long games stay in the lists.
Major PapaGeek

Postby Donelladan on Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:13 am

I made a slightly different suggestions concerning this problem :

https://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewt ... 4#p4566934

Also a player have been successfully trying to make old games start here :

https://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewt ... 1&t=213900
Colonel Donelladan

Postby concrete on Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:03 am

Waiting games used to expire after a certain amount of time.....I don't know why they changed this.
Colonel concrete

Postby rizky_biznezz on Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:17 am

If u want to get the games filled try posting them in the callouts thread under 'cleaning out the pantry' jmyork is working on getting old games filled
Sergeant 1st Class rizky_biznezz

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:25 am

concrete wrote:Waiting games used to expire after a certain amount of time.....I don't know why they changed this.

I think that only ever applied to private games, including tournament games.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby Razorvich on Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:00 am

rizky_biznezz wrote:If u want to get the games filled try posting them in the callouts thread under 'cleaning out the pantry' jmyork is working on getting old games filled

What ever do you mean rizky ;) :-$
High Score: 2569
TeeGee has my PW... Wall him if I get below 1 Hour in CLAN GAMES ONLY !!
Captain Razorvich
Head Chatter
Head Chatter

Postby concrete on Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:44 am

DoomYoshi wrote:
concrete wrote:Waiting games used to expire after a certain amount of time.....I don't know why they changed this.

I think that only ever applied to private games, including tournament games.

no......when I started on this site, waiting games where dropped after a certain amount of time. I am no longer sure what that time period was but it wasn't indefinite.
Colonel concrete

Return to Conquer Club Discussion