Bring The New Maps
MapStarter 2017 is Cartography meets KickStarter on CC... a way of encouraging a new wave of creativity, and new playing experiences for our players, all while rewarding the mapmakers for creating great stuff that people want. Mapmakers should note that a number of new features such as Stages and Transformations have been developed, but are yet to used. It's been rumored that bigWham will personally kick in to any maps using these features.
Here is the MapStarter process:
- Make a map proposal by starting a thread in the Melting Pot: Map Ideas forum with "MapStarter:" at the start of the topic
- Proposals with a map image will move to the Drafting Room forum
- A valid proposal, which must always have a mapmaker, receives approval from the cartography team
- All approved proposals receive a reward of 10 Cakes in CC11 (while it is still running) as well as a general contribution medal
- Other players commit credits to the map project by posting in the map thread, withdrawn from their accounts shortly after the commitment is made
- Credits are held in escrow until the project is either fulfilled or cancelled
- If credits are not available from a player, then the commitment is withdrawn
- A minimum amount of 1,000 Credits committed will be required for a map to proceed as a MapStarter
- A map will be created within 12 months, unless otherwise stated by the proposal
- The project will be cancelled if the map is not released to beta after the time period has passed, unless agreement is achieved between mapmakers and funders representing at least 50% of committed funds
- If the project is cancelled, then all committed credits are returned
- CC will match all committed credits (so total reward will be 2x the committed amount)
- Reward pool is distributed equally to project participants, unless an alternative scheme is agreed by all participants in advance
- Rewards are distributed on milestones, being 50% on beta release and 50% on transition to live map.
Six hours to go!