Conquer Club

the C&A Forum Aint a Forum

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

the C&A Forum Aint a Forum

Postby iAmCaffeine on Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:30 pm

#1. The below quote is now a rule, which means the C&A forum is not in fact a forum, just a place to collect mostly bullshit reports about other players where you cannot post anything that isn't evidence.

TeeGee wrote:Unless what you have to say is actual evidence that is relevant to the case and will either assist in busting or clearing the accused, then either
1) do NOT post it
or
2) Post it here viewforum.php?f=6 in discussions, where things should be discussed. It will make a multi hunters life much easier.

Posting non relevant information in C&A may lead to you having a forum vacation.

You do realise that means the person being accused of breaking rules cannot post in the thread unless they're actually giving evidence as to why they are innocent? Or for more difficult cases, people cannot post their opinions if the situation is something that could potentially affect the entire site. It also means players can't be given general advice like they have been in the past, by other players. Perhaps worst of all, wannabe mods can't spend half their time making pointless brown-nosing comments any more.

#2. I recently made a post that was not evidence (I hadn't seen the rule) but was relevant to the report at hand. The topic was locked, then unlocked and eddie2 replied to what I'd said with complete nonsense, trying to discredit an issue I had brought up as a genuine concern that was relevant to the case. I called him handicapped and because my post wasn't relevant, both eddie2 and I received 24hr bans.

Why, then, has nobody in this thread received a ban? viewtopic.php?f=5&t=225306 There are fucking moderators posting after each other with completely off topic comments, literally breaking the rules of the C&A "forum". What happens? Thread gets locked and no punishments are handed out? Lmao that is complete bullshit. Nice double standards though.

So anyway, I have now made this thread: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=225348

Anyone who wishes to discuss anything about this thread without posting evidence, please do so in this thread so that you don't get banned! Unless of course you're a mod - or someone who regularly brown noses mods like Magnus - then you're free to do what you like.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Re: the C&A Forum Aint a Forum

Postby betiko on Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:19 pm

That s just what mods send when they find you annoying
Major betiko

Postby King_Herpes on Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:10 am

Major pouty fish you are being about this, Gary.

Everyone knows you can't be a bozo unless you're handing out premiums.
Sorry about your little butt āœŖ Dumb fucking e-lambs the lot of you
Lieutenant King_Herpes

Postby eddie2 on Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:58 am

Why are you bringing me into this rant ?

Ok you post this as part of your statement in the c and a.
. I've also had my own questions but not really bothered to purse them.

So the thread had been locked when i seen this. I sent teegee a wall asking him to unlock the thread so i could post that u persued me in c and a last seqson for similar game play. I then seen thread was unlocked so posted not really reading teegees post also not having a response from tg.my ban wasnt for my full post was just for pulling u up. Your ban was for how u responded to my post. If i jad instead posted a copy of the c and a u made and said a precident was set here i would not of been banned. Grow up and take it on the chin and learn for the next time lol.
Captain eddie2

Postby lord voldemort on Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:08 am

Classic. This would never of happened under Twill
Lieutenant lord voldemort

Postby iAmCaffeine on Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:10 pm

eddie2 wrote:Why are you bringing me into this rant ?

So the thread had been locked when i seen this. I sent teegee a wall asking him to unlock the thread so i could post that u persued me in c and a last seqson for similar game play. I then seen thread was unlocked so posted not really reading teegees post also not having a response from tg.my ban wasnt for my full post was just for pulling u up. Your ban was for how u responded to my post. If i jad instead posted a copy of the c and a u made and said a precident was set here i would not of been banned. Grow up and take it on the chin and learn for the next time lol.

You're stupid dude. I wasn't banned for calling you handicapped. TeeGee explained I was banned for posting things that weren't evidence. I've already said I accepted my ban. My issue is that mods and other users are doing the same thing in C&A with zero consequence.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=225348

This thread is now locked and some mods are still trolling C&A. Good stuff lmao.

King_Herpes wrote:Major pouty fish you are being about this, Gary.

I've handed out plenty of premiums in my time Pete.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby King_Herpes on Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:23 pm

Well I know of atleast a dual set of premiums you've purchased. However there is little evidence of your hosting a membership drive.

I can't give much credence to this vilification of mod decisioning until I see this. More likely that you're exercising a twinge of spite.

This thread needs more hot sauce, please.
Lieutenant King_Herpes

Postby eddie2 on Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:55 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:
eddie2 wrote:Why are you bringing me into this rant ?

You're stupid dude. I wasn't banned for calling you handicapped. TeeGee explained I was banned for posting things that weren't evidence. I've already said I accepted my ban. My issue is that mods and other users are doing the same thing in C&A with zero consequence.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=225348

This thread is now locked and some mods are still trolling C&A. Good stuff lmao.

King_Herpes wrote:Major pouty fish you are being about this, Gary.

I've handed out plenty of premiums in my time Pete.

What age are u ?????
Captain eddie2

Postby iAmCaffeine on Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:22 pm

So mods continue to post how they please in C&A, but regular members are continuing to get banned.

In this thread ron and mrswdk were both banned.

However, in this thread Keefie's post was completely irrelevant and he has received no kind of punishment.

Keefie wrote:I wish someone would give me a forum ban. I could take a break :lol:

These double standards are honestly ridiculous. Several mods have broken the new rules of posting only evidence, and yet receive no kind of ban. It seems Dukasaur and TeeGee are more than happy to ban regular users who report the mods for this however. What a load of shit. Personally these were two mods who I thought did a good job previously.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby iAmCaffeine on Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:27 pm

King_Herpes wrote:Well I know of atleast a dual set of premiums you've purchased. However there is little evidence of your hosting a membership drive.

I can't give much credence to this vilification of mod decisioning until I see this. More likely that you're exercising a twinge of spite.

This thread needs more hot sauce, please.

I have actually gifted several premiums at one time to members that came forward requesting it. Does that count?

lord voldemort wrote:Classic. This would never of happened under Twill

What do you mean?
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:58 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:So mods continue to post how they please in C&A, but regular members are continuing to get banned.

However, in this thread Keefie's post was completely irrelevant and he has received no kind of punishment.

Keefie wrote:I wish someone would give me a forum ban. I could take a break :lol:

These double standards are honestly ridiculous. Several mods have broken the new rules of posting only evidence, and yet receive no kind of ban. It seems Dukasaur and TeeGee are more than happy to ban regular users who report the mods for this however. What a load of shit. Personally these were two mods who I thought did a good job previously.

C&A has always been a "business-only" forum, but a certain amount of levity is tolerated. It's a matter of judgement as to when enough is enough.

It's not that different from real life. If you're in a business meeting, or in school, or in church, or in any other place where serious things are being discussed, you will be forgiven making a little wisecrack here and there as long as overall you're participating positively in the meeting. On the other hand, if you walk in blowing a vuvuzela and lighting firecrackers, you'll be shown to the door.

Most people know the difference between minor disruptions that can be ignored and serious disruptions that need to be dealt with. I'm sure you do too.
ā€œā€ŽLife is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.ā€
ā€• Voltaire
Captain Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby riskllama on Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:45 pm

Dukasaur wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:So mods continue to post how they please in C&A, but regular members are continuing to get banned.

C&A has always been a "business-only" forum, but a certain amount of levity is tolerated. It's a matter of judgement as to when enough is enough.

It's not that different from real life. If you're in a business meeting, or in school, or in church, or in any other place where serious things are being discussed, you will be forgiven making a little wisecrack here and there as long as overall you're participating positively in the meeting. On the other hand, if you walk in blowing a vuvuzela and lighting firecrackers, you'll be shown to the door.

Most people know the difference between minor disruptions that can be ignored and serious disruptions that need to be dealt with. I'm sure you do too.

well, the way the new rule is worded kind of makes it sound as if no humourous comments will be tolerated from now on. humourous comments were the best part about C&A, imo. C&A has now been neutered just like Global Chat... =D> =D> =D>
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:04 pm

riskllama wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:

well, the way the new rule is worded kind of makes it sound as if no humourous comments will be tolerated from now on. humourous comments were the best part about C&A, imo. C&A has now been neutered just like Global Chat... =D> =D> =D>

As others have already said, it's not a "new rule." It's just the old rule, repeated for those who have forgotten. And no, I don't think anyone's going for a zero tolerance policy on this. Obviously, this is still a community. The comedy just can't be at a level where it drowns out the serious aspects.
ā€œā€ŽLife is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.ā€
ā€• Voltaire
Captain Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby DoomYoshi on Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:35 pm

Vuvuzelas are not accepted in any society, polite or otherwise.
ā–‘ā–’ā–’ā–“ā–“ā–“ā–’ā–’ā–‘
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby riskllama on Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:52 pm

Dukasaur wrote:
riskllama wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:

As others have already said, it's not a "new rule." It's just the old rule, repeated for those who have forgotten. And no, I don't think anyone's going for a zero tolerance policy on this. Obviously, this is still a community. The comedy just can't be at a level where it drowns out the serious aspects.

ok, that's good. i didn't really think it was that big a deal, honestly - when things got too crazy or heated the C&A folks would issue a lock or warnings to the appropriate parties and things would always settle down. i thought that way seemed to work best.
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby MagnusGreeol on Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:54 pm

riskllama wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:
riskllama wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:

ok, that's good. i didn't really think it was that big a deal, honestly - when things got too crazy or heated the C&A folks would issue a lock or warnings to the appropriate parties and things would always settle down. i thought that way seemed to work best.

+1
Colonel MagnusGreeol

Postby King_Herpes on Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:59 pm

This whole website is crazier than a junebug on a hot skillet.

Anybody who takes it seriously is a total jackass.
Lieutenant King_Herpes

Postby notyou2 on Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:09 pm

King_Herpes wrote:This whole website is crazier than a junebug on a hot skillet.

Great job insulting 50+% of the membership KH.
Captain notyou2

Postby eddie2 on Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:43 pm

notyou2 wrote:
King_Herpes wrote:This whole website is crazier than a junebug on a hot skillet.

Great job insulting 50+% of the membership KH.

Lol good post herpes. I liked to take the piss all the time. And got a perma ban for it lol.
As for iamcaffine gifting premium membership does not count when gifting to your multi accounts lol.
Captain eddie2

Postby riskllama on Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:45 pm

zing.
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby Metsfanmax on Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:48 pm

riskllama wrote:humourous comments were the best part about C&A, imo

The problem is that some people became professional C&A commenters and would crack irrelevant jokes in the majority of threads. That lessens the tolerance for everyone else. This thread would not warrant a vacation for anyone in a sane version of C&A. That only happens when C&A becomes so rife with irreverent comments that every additional joke just feels absurd and annoying rather than funny. Basically, this was a tragedy of the commons.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby riskllama on Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:59 pm

well sure, spurious reports are no good. i agree 100% with you on that.
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby Metsfanmax on Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:00 pm

Anyway, this entire thread is based on a fallacy. C&A does not exist for your entertainment. Everyone understands that it's rude to go and post random comments in the clans forum or the foundry. Apparently everyone missed the memo when it came to C&A. So please stop blowing vuvuzelas and lighting firecrackers in places they don't belong.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby notyou2 on Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:01 pm

riskllama wrote:well sure, spurious reports are no good. i agree 100% with you on that.

I find this post spurious at best.
Captain notyou2

Postby lord voldemort on Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:14 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:
King_Herpes wrote:
lord voldemort wrote:Classic. This would never of happened under Twill

What do you mean?

I assumed you knew your cc history.

Twill used to be the community manager on the site. Well between him and Andy when Lack owned it. The moderation and the techniques involved were far less invasive and the majority of mods had far thicker skin.

Waving the ban hammer for posting is never the best option.
Lieutenant lord voldemort

Next

Return to Conquer Club Discussion