Conquer Club

hints for 1 vs 1 on map World 2.1

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

hints for 1 vs 1 on map World 2.1

Postby Godrulesdude on Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:58 pm

Does anyone have any hints or tips they would be willing to share on how to play a 1 versus 1 game on the map known as "World 2.1"; :(

It seems that a lot depends on the drop placement you get. :twisted:

Is it a good idea to go for Australia when it is just 2 points per turn? Are there better regions that have higher payoffs and are just as easy to defend? :ugeek:

Any suggestions, any suggestions at all on how to play this map would be really appreciated.

thanks

GRD :-s
Corporal Godrulesdude

Re: hints for 1 vs 1 on map World 2.1

Postby archieball on Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:00 pm

Look for quick easy bonuses and work on reducing opponents total regions to lower their deployment. Best recommendation, don't play large maps 1 vs 1 as first turn advantage to opening player is always huge advantage...
Major archieball

Postby 2dimes on Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:04 pm

Get higher numbers on your intensity cubes than the other player.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby Dukasaur on Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:37 pm

archieball wrote:Look for quick easy bonuses and work on reducing opponents total regions to lower their deployment. Best recommendation, don't play large maps 1 vs 1 as first turn advantage to opening player is always huge advantage...

+1

Godrulesdude wrote:
Is it a good idea to go for Australia when it is just 2 points per turn? Are there better regions that have higher payoffs and are just as easy to defend? :ugeek:

There are just tons and tons of small bonuses on that map. Lot of people go for the Horn of Africa or Scandinavia or India or the USA or La Plata as early bonuses. A lot depends on your drop.
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Godrulesdude on Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:14 am

thanks for all the replies;
Corporal Godrulesdude

Postby Godrulesdude on Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:16 am

2dimes wrote:Get higher numbers on your intensity cubes than the other player.

what is an "intensity cube"? Do you mean a region where you have a large stack of units?
thank you
Corporal Godrulesdude

Postby mrswdk on Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:42 am

Agree with all the advice posted so far, your best bet is to find some good bonuses that can be defended from the fewest territories and use your troop advantage to reduce your opponent's territory count.

If they drop a bonus you should be careful to break it quickly.
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby Dukasaur on Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:44 pm

Godrulesdude wrote:

what is an "intensity cube"? Do you mean a region where you have a large stack of units?
thank you

Intensity Cube was what we were supposed to call dice. Because CC was originally based on Risk, there was a genuine fear in the early days that Hasbro would sue for copyright infringement. So, what little could be done to make the game seem non-Risky was done, including renaming basic game elements. "Cards" became "Spoils" and "Dice" became "Intensity Cubes".

Over the years the scare passed away. "Spoils" stuck around, but people went back to referring to the Intensity Cubes as "Dice".

Some of the old-timers are still fond of Intensity Cubes, including me. Although I'm not really an old-timer like some of these guys, I joined CC when the term was already declining but still somewhat in use. I loved it as a very quaint use of language. I have a soft spot in my heart for anyone that helps us get away from using the same old words for things.

Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby 2dimes on Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:38 pm

Uh.. Yes that's right. I, um... I, I am fond of the term.

I was not in anyway mocking it.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby Chariot of Fire on Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:10 am

Dukasaur wrote:
Godrulesdude wrote:

thank you

Intensity Cube was what we were supposed to call dice. Because CC was originally based on Risk, there was a genuine fear in the early days that Hasbro would sue for copyright infringement. So, what little could be done to make the game seem non-Risky was done, including renaming basic game elements. "Cards" became "Spoils" and "Dice" became "Intensity Cubes".

Over the years the scare passed away. "Spoils" stuck around, but people went back to referring to the Intensity Cubes as "Dice".

Some of the old-timers are still fond of Intensity Cubes, including me. Although I'm not really an old-timer like some of these guys, I joined CC when the term was already declining but still somewhat in use. I loved it as a very quaint use of language. I have a soft spot in my heart for anyone that helps us get away from using the same old words for things.

Ah, Memory Lane. Good post mate - very decent of you to explain all that =D>
Highest position #5 (18 Nov 2010) General 4,380pts (11 Dec 2010)
Colonel Chariot of Fire

Return to Conquer Club Discussion