Conquer Club

quest for the goal

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

quest for the goal

Postby djelebert on Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:40 am

Just one note on this tournament, which is the goal of stars. I'm fighting for a place in final, but I saw that even if it's a direct elimination tourney, there's no score reset between each round, as it used to be done in other "quest for the star" tourneys.
So it seems that I will win the sem final 3-2 against demy but we'll have same score at the end of the round. It would be quite unfair if I will be not qualifed for final, because of actual tie rules...

https://www.conquerclub.com/player.php? ... d=18127170
Lieutenant djelebert

Re: quest for the goal

Postby betiko on Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:05 am

That would suck given that it's 100$ minimum.

This tournament is actually the worse piece of trash ever. CC could've worked out something semi-decent.
This tournament is practically based on who gets the luck of opening the majority of the games. With those retarded settings, those going first win over 80% of the games.
If you start a round with 5 games and you get to start only 1, you already know you've lost (assuming your opponent is a decent player, but you can only be facing a decent player in such important tourney)

CC needs to make something more interesting than this lottery trash. Risk will always be luck related... but come on, these settings are just pushing it too far. ANY lucky bastard could win. Probably the intention... well it sucks
Major betiko

Postby Mad777 on Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:25 am

I can see the frustration over what you described above, I don't like this ultimate tie rule but, again, those are Auto Tournament rule in place since years, because there isn't manual/human input as soon as any auto tournament start, then it must be a way to have a selected player to move on without adding game(s), the auto tournament engine is setup at the draft stage with amount of participant, game, round, settings and once it start you can't change without having a "watchdog" human to stop and correct any auto tournament that is running, this last would need more than one person 24/7 to stricktly do this job :(

Complaint mainly comes with Auto Tournament that has big prize, never comes from a low gage star event, the auto tournament engine works the same for any kind out there, it is up to a player to decide to join or not, complaints always come at the last stage of those tournament, no one has come here and describe a potential issue upfront and while joining (settings, map, score reset, etc...), which usually this is when the tournament author could made a change (if he/she is willing to), I'm truly sorry you guys feels that way in regards of the "tie rule", trash settings, and so on but again you decided to join without saying anything at that time, because frustration comes more often at the elimination stage, you then start to realize how things could have been made different, because you also said, that kind of tournament brings mainly descent player, then a descent player would have check the tournament structure before joining and perhaps send a PM to admin?

My friends, I'm not trying to be mean at all, I'm trying to highlight how we all can be part of a solution rather than always pointing an issue without bringing something else that complaint, I would like you to think about what I said above and tell me if my point of view is 100% wrong.
".....Under Phucumol treatment....."
https://youtu.be/zlusWzDY4qw
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby djelebert on Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:13 am

Mad777 wrote:I can see the frustration over what you described above, I don't like this ultimate tie rule but, again, those are Auto Tournament rule in place since years, because there isn't manual/human input as soon as any auto tournament start, then it must be a way to have a selected player to move on without adding game(s), the auto tournament engine is setup at the draft stage with amount of participant, game, round, settings and once it start you can't change without having a "watchdog" human to stop and correct any auto tournament that is running, this last would need more than one person 24/7 to stricktly do this job :(

Complaint mainly comes with Auto Tournament that has big prize, never comes from a low gage star event, the auto tournament engine works the same for any kind out there, it is up to a player to decide to join or not, complaints always come at the last stage of those tournament, no one has come here and describe a potential issue upfront and while joining (settings, map, score reset, etc...), which usually this is when the tournament author could made a change (if he/she is willing to), I'm truly sorry you guys feels that way in regards of the "tie rule", trash settings, and so on but again you decided to join without saying anything at that time, because frustration comes more often at the elimination stage, you then start to realize how things could have been made different, because you also said, that kind of tournament brings mainly descent player, then a descent player would have check the tournament structure before joining and perhaps send a PM to admin?

My friends, I'm not trying to be mean at all, I'm trying to highlight how we all can be part of a solution rather than always pointing an issue without bringing something else that complaint, I would like you to think about what I said above and tell me if my point of view is 100% wrong.

Hi Mad, my complaint isn't finally against tie rule, that could be discussed, but it wasn't my worry. same thing with auto tourney system, I don't care about it, and thank everyone who can make it possible.

I'm just surprised (and disapointed that's true) that all "quest for star" tourneys are elimination direct tourneys, as this one, but quest for goal is the only who don't reset score between rounds. It must be applied as the others. Don't know why it was'nt the case.
It wouldn't change the luck part as betiko explained, but it will at least annihilate the frustation of someone like me who won the quarte final and the semi final, and will not be qualified in final. And the tie rule will not be applied with this.

With bigger tourneys (as CC olympics closing or opening ceremony), that does'nt matter with the amount of games.

Don't worry, I'm grateful of all the work of CC team, I didn't want to critic anything about this, but just as you said, I wanted to purpose something to improve this tourney, It was apparently awkwardly said, but it was my intention pointing here my frustation, which can be lived by other players who will play this tourney.
Lieutenant djelebert

Postby Mad777 on Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:44 am

...I'm with you bro, may I suggest you to send a PM to admin (BW)? If there is agreement from it, you will then have somehow participate to a solution for the next iteration, and for future participant, this score reset could have been a quick oversight, or just a quick setup that was wanted, don't know, but being myself an auto tournament organizer I can see a little thing could change the setup as a whole, such in this case a box to be checked for the reset by round ;)

... same can be done for the settings, if you wish those to be different, worth to try and ask 8-)
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby DJENRE on Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:58 am

Same again, sucky tie rules , like in many other tournaments lol
GOod luck with it
BIG PRIZES! CSOP Hold'em
YOU LIKE MONOPOLY? PLAY IT on CC => CONQUEROPOLY
YOU'RE A MEDAL HUNTER? HUNT ALL THE MEDALS YOU NEED HERE!
BIG TRIBE TOURNAMENT VI NATIONS 2018
Corporal 1st Class DJENRE

Location: āœŖ āœŖ āœŖ āœŖ āœŖ āœŖ āœŖ āœŖ āœŖ āœŖ āœŖ āœŖ āœŖ āœŖ āœŖ āœŖ āœŖ āœŖ āœŖ āœŖ āœŖ āœŖ āœŖ āœŖ āœŖ āœŖ āœŖ āœŖ āœŖ āœŖ

Postby djelebert on Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:22 pm

Mad777 wrote:...I'm with you bro, may I suggest you to send a PM to admin (BW)? If there is agreement from it, you will then have somehow participate to a solution for the next iteration, and for future participant, this score reset could have been a quick oversight, or just a quick setup that was wanted, don't know, but being myself an auto tournament organizer I can see a little thing could change the setup as a whole, such in this case a box to be checked for the reset by round ;)

... same can be done for the settings, if you wish those to be different, worth to try and ask 8-)

I did a msg to BW at same time I did it to you bro! ;)
Lieutenant djelebert

Postby iAmCaffeine on Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:01 pm

I support everything djelebert says. Ever.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby Dukasaur on Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:02 pm

I support hose.
ā€œā€ŽLife is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.ā€
ā€• Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby djelebert on Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:22 pm

Lieutenant djelebert

Postby betiko on Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:54 pm

This is absolutely ridiculous. He won his pass fair and square, the rules are absolutely shit. I m sure the tournament wasn t designed to be like that, it was just created fast without thinking when there is fucking 500$ At stake.

Shame on cc.
Major betiko

Postby iAmCaffeine on Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:08 pm

Give djelebert $250 right now!
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby djelebert on Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:14 am

iAmCaffeine wrote:Give djelebert $250 right now!

if only that could be true!

Or just a red star to participate to next quest for star goal tourney, with update ;-)
Lieutenant djelebert

Postby betiko on Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:28 am

Just take the 250$, that s about the worse tournament i ve ever seen on cc. Pointless and unfair.
Major betiko

Postby iAmCaffeine on Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:00 am

It's just going to be the standard excuse of "check the tournament details prior to joining" which is a cheap response for creating a poorly formatted tournament.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby betiko on Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:46 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:It's just going to be the standard excuse of "check the tournament details prior to joining" which is a cheap response for creating a poorly formatted tournament.

Well if you have a red star you re going to join it no matter what obviously... who would sit on 12,5% chances to make an easy 500$?
Major betiko

Postby iAmCaffeine on Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:01 am

betiko wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:It's just going to be the standard excuse of "check the tournament details prior to joining" which is a cheap response for creating a poorly formatted tournament.

Well if you have a red star you re going to join it no matter what obviously... who would sit on 12,5% chances to make an easy 500$?

I know, I'm just saying what the usual excuse is.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby djelebert on Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:30 pm

To continue on this subject.

Look at final :
http://www.conquerclub.com/player.php?m ... nt_id=6567

demy who passed on final, is second, with 4/7 games won...
Lieutenant djelebert

Postby iAmCaffeine on Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:41 pm

Is there gonna be any official word on this? It's not within my department unfortunately. Rest assured this kind of thing will never take place with clans.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:48 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:Is there gonna be any official word on this? It's not within my department unfortunately. Rest assured this kind of thing will never take place with clans.

Mad777 raised this issue with BW and with myself, and three general principles have been agreed:

The Quests should be made fundamentally similar in structure.
Things that look like brackets (2 player with 50% eliminated) should behave like brackets (score reset every round).
Tournaments already under way shouldn't be changed.
ā€œā€ŽLife is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.ā€
ā€• Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby jfm10 on Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:48 am

in please

sorry...thought it was Quest For The Goat tourney :)
Captain jfm10

Postby iAmCaffeine on Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:40 am

Dukasaur wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:Is there gonna be any official word on this? It's not within my department unfortunately. Rest assured this kind of thing will never take place with clans.

Mad777 raised this issue with BW and with myself, and three general principles have been agreed:

Things that look like brackets (2 player with 50% eliminated) should behave like brackets (score reset every round).

I guess we live and learn.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby ZaBeast on Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:52 pm

Dukasaur wrote:

So has it been fixed? I know a lot of lower stake tournaments still don't reset score even if they're 1v1 (poly slam, poly escalating, manual blaster, nuclear holocaust)
Brigadier ZaBeast

Postby Mad777 on Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:37 am

ZaBeast wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:

So has it been fixed? I know a lot of lower stake tournaments still don't reset score even if they're 1v1 (poly slam, poly escalating, manual blaster, nuclear holocaust)

I recently got the access back to the Auto Tournament despite I'm no longer a CC Mods, the main reason is because I want to deep dive in those recurrent Tournament and offer tweak to make it more fair if all possible.

Give me time.... 8-)
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby Swifte on Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:28 am

A new Goal tournament with what appears to be the same problem is currently joinable. Why was nothing fixed? It can still be corrected before this one starts!
Colonel Swifte

Next

Return to Conquer Club Discussion