Conquer Club

Note: You Still Get Spoils If You Run Out of Time

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Re: Note: You Still Get Spoils If You Run Out of Time

Postby Quirk on Sun May 06, 2018 6:29 pm

Could this be the year of the zombies?
Attachments
lm.png
Clue: (Joker:2) [Announcements Only]
lm.png (57.96 KiB) Viewed 3736 times
Image Image

"Zungguzungguguzungguzeng"
-Yellowman
pancakemix wrote:Quirk, you are a bastard. That is all.
Major Quirk

Postby BrutalBob on Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:28 am

Donelladan wrote:In escalating game you still miss spoils if you run out of time. only zombie and nuke game are concerned by this change.

Well thats just stupid and confusing.

Really, should be one rule for all. How the hell are people goingt o make sense of that.

I was playing an escalating speed game and was about to run out of time because i didnt properly click End Attacks.. whatever.. but I didn't rush to end because I had read this thread earlier and thought I would get spoils anyway.

So I then looked up this thread (Thanks Don for the clarification).

Either do it or dont do it. I understand what the thinking might be as to why this decision was made to only do it for these types of games but there is no real harm in awarding spoils to any other game when time runs out and I think for consistency its worth the trade off
Lieutenant BrutalBob

Postby iAmCaffeine on Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:39 am

It can also be abused in escalating just as much so yeah, doesn't make sense.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby Mad777 on Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:21 am

The only way we could make this happening is going to the Suggestion thread and post comment to support a throughout the board application of this thing...when Duke and I pushed it to BW we had to negotiate as start with Nuke and Zombie and the door stayed open in case it was required to add more game type...I always supported this to apply to all game disregarding the settings.

https://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=225696
".....Under Phucumol treatment....."
https://youtu.be/zlusWzDY4qw
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby riskllama on Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:16 am

when are you guys going to update this to include all spoils? pretty fucking stupid if it still only applies to nukes & zombie.
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby iAmCaffeine on Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:03 am

actually true but the reasoning was that people would intentionally let time run out in nukes/zombie to avoid getting a card. in esc/flat rate you don't wanna do that.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby Dukasaur on Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:55 am

iAmCaffeine wrote:actually true but the reasoning was that people would intentionally let time run out in nukes/zombie to avoid getting a card. in esc/flat rate you don't wanna do that.

This.
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Mad777 on Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:38 am

Dukasaur wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:actually true but the reasoning was that people would intentionally let time run out in nukes/zombie to avoid getting a card. in esc/flat rate you don't wanna do that.

This.

...but i’m adding i have no opposition from webmaster to extend it to the esc mode as long as Community shows a strong support. I plan on doing a pole and for about a month to gather input and see which way the results goes.
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby mookiemcgee on Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:07 am

Mad777 wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:

This.

...but i’m adding i have no opposition from webmaster to extend it to the esc mode as long as Community shows a strong support. I plan on doing a pole and for about a month to gather input and see which way the results goes.

I would be happy to throw some $1 bills around while you work the pole! Should you decide to poll the community I would vote for it to extend to all games.
Brigadier mookiemcgee

Postby Nut Shot Scott on Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:22 am

mookiemcgee wrote:
Mad777 wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:

This.

I would be happy to throw some $1 bills around while you work the pole! Should you decide to poll the community I would vote for it to extend to all games.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Major Nut Shot Scott

Postby mookiemcgee on Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:45 pm

Nut Shot Scott wrote:
mookiemcgee wrote:
Mad777 wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:

This.

Don't judge him, you can make ALOT of money working the pole for even just one month.
Brigadier mookiemcgee

Postby 2dimes on Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:50 pm

mookiemcgee wrote:
Nut Shot Scott wrote:
mookiemcgee wrote:
Mad777 wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:

This.

Don't judge him, you can make ALOT of money working the pole for even just one month.

98% of them were only going to do it for a month.

"I'm just doing this so I can afford to pay for going back to school." ... A decade later..
Corporal 2dimes

Postby mookiemcgee on Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:16 pm

He's 46 according to his profile... if he's still doing this at 56, he's found the fountain of youth!
Brigadier mookiemcgee

Postby 2dimes on Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:59 pm

I'm pretty sure I want to avoid the place where they are 46. ::shudders::
Corporal 2dimes

Postby Quirk on Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:45 pm

2dimes wrote:I'm pretty sure I want to avoid the place where they are 46. ::shudders::

Clermont Lounge in Atlanta.
Image Image

"Zungguzungguguzungguzeng"
-Yellowman
pancakemix wrote:Quirk, you are a bastard. That is all.
Major Quirk

Postby mookiemcgee on Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:47 am

Quirk wrote:
2dimes wrote:I'm pretty sure I want to avoid the place where they are 46. ::shudders::

Clermont Lounge in Atlanta.

Are we outing Mads real life workplace now? I thought that was against the rules.
Brigadier mookiemcgee

Postby Mad777 on Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:45 am

How rough a simple « auto-correct » event could deliberately get yourself in a awkward time... :D

Of course I meant « POLL » :P
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby Ltrain on Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:35 pm

Nice bump riskllama :) i kinna agree tho at the same time i get the its all part of the game argument. Not suggesting any preference here just ruminating. If you play a nuke or zombie speed game where you get a card if you time out you might play it one way. If the rules are different you play it different.

If you like esc unlimited and you get a card if you run out of time same thing and vice versa.

I find these trick settings annoying but others might enjoy them so basically... Who cares?!
Major Ltrain

Previous

Return to Conquer Club Discussion